• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New tech - soon in an attraction?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Advertisement
Apparently it’s only viewable on Facebook - I tried a Google search.

If you are on Facebook, lookup Tech Insider and it will come up on their page. If I find it elsewhere I’ll post it here.

Rob562

I presume you're talking of this?

Nice tech, though apart from the part underneath you, it's essentially already in use in Orlando at SeaWorld (Turtle Trek) and kinda Universal (Skull Island and soon to be Fast and Furious). Uni's uses 3D glasses and a motion base, SW's is a dome you stand in the middle of.

-Rob

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I presume you're talking of this?

Nice tech, though apart from the part underneath you, it's essentially already in use in Orlando at SeaWorld (Turtle Trek) and kinda Universal (Skull Island and soon to be Fast and Furious). Uni's uses 3D glasses and a motion base, SW's is a dome you stand in the middle of.

-Rob
Yes! Thank you - I was having trouble finding it online.

lazyboy97o

Calling this virtual reality is misleading and it’s really not a new concept. Vendors have been trying to make these surround screens a thing for awhile now and the concept really hasn’t gone anywhere.