New T Shirts at Mouse Gear

WorldKey

I think the refurb shirt does nothing but make Disney look bad. Are they proud of the fact that the parks have looked more like construction zones than theme parks the past few years? I get it, things have to be refurbed, blah blah blah. But seriously, this constant construction on dozens of areas of each park at one time is nothing they should be bragging about.

Wow - you look like a Veteran here.....yes in recent years the sign has been more prevalent....but it is a classic sign that many of us have seen over many, many years. Most of us will just laugh when seeing the shirt (and it's double meaning) and probably not grumble about how often we see the actual sign in the parks lately......

RSoxNo1

Yes, the first year it was sold it had Sleeping Beauty Castle on it but said "Walt Disney World" on it. I doubt many people noticed but it kept me from buying it.

Didn't they do the same thing with the Space Mountain shirt on both costs? I believe they have the single seat low slung rockets on both the Disneyland and Disney World shirts.

MissM

Yes, the first year it was sold it had Sleeping Beauty Castle on it but said "Walt Disney World" on it. I doubt many people noticed but it kept me from buying it.
The original shirt is actually an entirely different design. It's in red and features all Disneyland imagery. The new one is blue and has Spaceship Earth and such added to it to reinforce the WDW theme.

RSoxNo1

If anyone cares, there's a long sleeved epcot t-shirt with many of the classic future world logos on the sleeve up on eBay right now. I believe it was a large. Just do a search for epcot shirt and you should find it.

devoy1701

Does it have the other logos or just the castle? And was the phrase used more in Disneyland resort than at WDW?

No, just Sleeping Beauty castle amongst some trees with the Monorail swooping out in front of it with Mickey in the corner...no other DL logos. All they did was swap the Disneyland Resort words for Walt Disney World.

The original shirt is actually an entirely different design. It's in red and features all Disneyland imagery. The new one is blue and has Spaceship Earth and such added to it to reinforce the WDW theme.

Correct, I like this new design much better, though I could have done without them sticking the Hat and the Tree on there...they don't have anything to do with the monorail anyway... I'm surprised they didn't also stick in "Four Parks. One World." somewhere!

Didn't they do the same thing with the Space Mountain shirt on both costs? I believe they have the single seat low slung rockets on both the Disneyland and Disney World shirts.

I think you're right...I don't mind trying to sell some of the same shirts on both costs...but they should atleast make it for some graphic that doesn't matter.

Communicore

That old shirt is atrocious. I bet if that had been our castle with Disneyland Resort there would've been a revolt or something...

WDW1974

I don't like those tees ... but that's just me ... I am (however) wearing my DCL Transatlantic Magic tee from last year right now!

~GFCers love the seas!~

Bairstow

That old shirt is atrocious. I bet if that had been our castle with Disneyland Resort there would've been a revolt or something...

I'm really surprised people can tell the difference so easily.
I'm no architect, and I really can't see it unless I start counting turrets or something.

828tnt

I think the refurb shirt does nothing but make Disney look bad. Are they proud of the fact that the parks have looked more like construction zones than theme parks the past few years? I get it, things have to be refurbed, blah blah blah. But seriously, this constant construction on dozens of areas of each park at one time is nothing they should be bragging about.

Sad thing is, while I find the Goofy shirt funny, it's actually kind of a smack upside the head to the less intelligent Disney visitor. Not sure if it's an urban legend, but CM's say it's the most commonly asked question they get.

i have to agree with you on those points. they almost come off as something that would be sold on a site such as this- lol. there's just more sarcasm than i'm used to from disney.

infact, after seeing the parade shirt, i explained the meaning of it to my wife who agreed that it's odd to "make fun" of the guests on a tshirt. (we bought one never the less :D)

a close friend of mine who visited the week after we did, saw them and was surprised too. he got a huge kick out of them and knew i'd appreciate them.

828tnt

tshirts2.jpg

LOVED these! even though i originally thought one said "free dining", that's another shirt altogether:lol:

valenrandy

If anyone cares, there's a long sleeved epcot t-shirt with many of the classic future world logos on the sleeve up on eBay right now. I believe it was a large. Just do a search for epcot shirt and you should find it.

While we were at the world late sept-early oct, this shirt was available for purchase at Mouse Gears :)

AutumnKlassic

Buying the Referb shirt for my dad. He was on vacation down there and had a massive heart attack last Friday. Now he is in Florida Hospital and just had bypass surgery. The referb shirt sounds just about PERFECT for someone recovering from heart surgery

UrbanDonovan

Sad thing is, while I find the Goofy shirt funny, it's actually kind of a smack upside the head to the less intelligent Disney visitor. Not sure if it's an urban legend, but CM's say it's the most commonly asked question they get.

Seriously? The majority of the time, people on here whine about how TDO is not properly maintaining the parks and the how the entire property is falling into ruin. Now someone who is complaining because there are too many construction walls up.

Interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom