News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanUSC

OP in two years when the kid outgrows the Keenz:

21a4633d0c6aa21b82556efefd3e126e.gif

natatomic

You're right...research does have its benefits. 😉

All within limits...and there's plenty more where that came from.

I see these once in a while, but they’re incredibly rare, and want to know why? They are impossible to fold. Literally. Most simply cannot be folded or collapsed. You have to take it APART. Not to mention, most are heavy! No guests want to deal with that multiple times a day when boarding a bus, boat, or tram (and I’d say 98% of guests utilize at least one of those forms of transportation). Those existed LONG before the keenz wagons, and they were a rare sight then. I don’t imagine them suddenly getting more popular.

Cesar R M

I guess the problem is people that do not understand the difference between a "NEED" and a "WANT". Disney will gladly make accommodations for peoples needs as the ADA requires. However, they have no obligation to make accommodations for people and their wants. (edited for spelling)
I feel another katiebug smash hit with this person (the one you replied to) :hilarious:

biggy H

The email I received from Disney also states that strollers have to be able to be folded as well just in case they have to go in a tram. No mention of those that cannot be folded being allowed. For those that Disney's ones do not fold, they shouldn't leave the park so won't ever be required to go on a tram.

DomoKun

Haha. Yeah, and the petition to unban them is struggling to hit even 5,000 signatures. Disney World itself sees an estimated 52 million guests per year, lol. They're not going to unban the wagons.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A little song, in honor of Stevie Nicks...

We’re taking all the little kids to see Disney
We want to take along everything we own.
But now they’re keeping out our favorite wagon
Looks like our chance to see the mouse is blown.

I know you really want to push your stroller wagon
I know you really want to take your whole world.

But baby you could never carry all your clothing
Maybe you could take the table that’s round

But stop dragging the… stop dragging your
Stop dragging your cart around!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Go check Keenz instagram and facebook. People are actually crying. It's weird wacky stuff.
It is odd how many people state how they specifically purchased (or planned on purchasing) a Keenz for Disney. Was there no other need for this stroller in their life aside from touring a theme park? Why would they not require a Keenz at the zoo, aquarium, recreational activities, etc. Its ALL DISNEYS fault in their eyes. lol.

ImperfectPixie

It is odd how many people state how they specifically purchased (or planned on purchasing) a Keenz for Disney. Was there no other need for this stroller in their life aside from touring a theme park? Why would they not require a Keenz at the zoo, aquarium, recreational activities, etc. Its ALL DISNEYS fault in their eyes. lol.
It's insanity. There are even people claiming that autistic children can't handle the parks without them. I have 2 autistic boys who each have VERY different needs, and we didn't use a stroller past the age of 4 in the Disney parks, let alone at home (and even at 4, the stroller was empty more often than not).

EDIT: This is about a company who played upon a specific demographic's need to have the BIGGEST, NEWEST of everything on the market. They created a problem, Disney is fixing it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I was reading a lot of comments saying, "Now people are going to bring strollers that are even bigger than the Keenz because that fit the measurements requirements. So it is just going to get worse." My thought was way does everyone and their mother need a big stroller? There are many inexpensive umbrella strollers with nice features like a bit of storage, cup holders, a good canopy for shade, and a reclining feature. And yes, I am talking about the 99.99% of cases where there is not some sort of medical requirement, etc.

I am not going to dictate what people do or bring (that is Disney's job I guess), but, come on...be reasonable...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was reading a lot of comments saying, "Now people are going to bring strollers that are even bigger than the Keenz because that fit the measurements requirements. So it is just going to get worse." My thought was way does everyone and their mother need a big stroller? There are many inexpensive umbrella strollers with nice features like a bit of storage, cup holders, a good canopy for shade, and a reclining feature.
because people are petty and if they can't take their Keenz then they will get the biggest allowed stroller (regardless of number of children)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I was reading a lot of comments saying, "Now people are going to bring strollers that are even bigger than the Keenz because that fit the measurements requirements. So it is just going to get worse." My thought was way does everyone and their mother need a big stroller? There are many inexpensive umbrella strollers with nice features like a bit of storage, cup holders, a good canopy for shade, and a reclining feature. And yes, I am taking about the 99.99% of cases where there is not some sort of medical requirement, etc.

I am not going to dictate what people do or bring (that is Disney's job), but, come on...be reasonable...
My prrecious disney babies enjoy riding in wagons though!!!! And that's all that matters!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I was reading a lot of comments saying, "Now people are going to bring strollers that are even bigger than the Keenz because that fit the measurements requirements. So it is just going to get worse." My thought was way does everyone and their mother need a big stroller? There are many inexpensive umbrella strollers with nice features like a bit of storage, cup holders, a good canopy for shade, and a reclining feature. And yes, I am talking about the 99.99% of cases where there is not some sort of medical requirement, etc.

I am not going to dictate what people do or bring (that is Disney's job I guess), but, come on...be reasonable...
Reading the comments, you would think some of these people care more about being defiant and getting their keenz into Disney, than they care about the actual vacation itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom