News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
I checked Disney's property rules section both yesterday and today. Yesterday, I found only a mention of wagons that are pulled. Today's version has been amended to state that beginning May 1, 2019, stroller wagons will "also" be prohibited.

trainplane3

Thought I'd go and check out that one rental company...

Of course there's a change.og petition out there, because those are effective...

Yes, but that's a wagon, no? (Even though some will try to tout it as a stroller)

It does fit the size restrictions, and is considered a stroller because it has two five point harnesses. It’s also a push wagon, not a pull. I understand it’s large, but it is still smaller than most double strollers.

ImperfectPixie

It does fit the size restrictions, and is considered a stroller because it has two five point harnesses. It’s also a push wagon, not a pull. I understand it’s large, but it is still smaller than most double strollers.
Yes, but if you see the pics I posted above, these are included in the wagon ban beginning May 1.

drp4video

Pure genius!

Or maybe the classic upcharge model where you can buy a StrollerPass subscription that lets you use premium stroller parking areas. And maybe they could use automated parking garage technology for these to have secure storage as a feature as well! And if they really want to go all out they could have the retrieval area be closer to the attraction exit.

As another feature, they could have a smaller size limit for StrollerPass and thus encourage the use of smaller strollers in the park.

They could even use a freemium model and allow you to use premium parking once for free - or maybe a whole day free if they know you're on a multi-day pass.

The free StrollerClassic parking areas would be relocated to behind the attraction space to make room for the premium areas.

And how about a stoller meet and greet parking area for an up-charge. All the little tots can sit in their strollers while Mickey and Minnie come around and greet them.

And eventually of course, no more bringing i your own stroller, you must rent a special disney stroller if you want one. Prices would be based on tiers, making it cost effective if you rent a multi day stroller with a multi day pass, and of course the daily cost would be based on which days are the busiest days,, and seasons. You could have value, moderate and deluxe strollers, and charge more for each accordingly.

MagicLovingMom

The Keenz was a godsend for my niece and nephew last week who are 7&6 and CANNOT fit in a stroller because of their height. Wish the restriction was on WALL-E machines (ECV’s) instead. There use is what is RIDICULOUS! Require doctor approval or handicap sticker to use and suddenly strollers won’t be an issue. Isn’t WDW for kids? Now in between size kids suffer instead of... I won’t go there.

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
The Keenz was a godsend for my niece and nephew last week who are 7&6 and CANNOT fit in a stroller because of their height. Wish the restriction was on WALL-E machines (ECV’s) instead. There use is what is RIDICULOUS! Require doctor approval or handicap sticker to use and suddenly strollers won’t be an issue. Isn’t WDW for kids? Now in between size kids suffer instead of... I won’t go there.
No WDW is not just for kids

ImperfectPixie

Our 5-year-old didn't want to use a stroller at all our last trip. We watched for when he needed a break and would just find a spot to sit for 5-10 minutes and he was fine.

DisneyJoe

IF you require a doctor note for an ECV, you should require it for a stroller for children over a certain size or age.

WDW is for families, not just kids, and many adults visit WDW without kids too.

Chi84

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, what does it say to you that strollers aren’t made to fit 6 and 7 year olds?

kbmum

I took my twins to WDW for the first time when they were six years old. No stroller was needed and one of my kids has autism. If they were tired, we sat down for a while and had a snack or drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom