News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lensman

If Disney were really smart, they'd start charging for stroller parking inside the parks. Add a magic band tap to pay at each stroller parking area. You're welcome Disney.
Pure genius!

Or maybe the classic upcharge model where you can buy a StrollerPass subscription that lets you use premium stroller parking areas. And maybe they could use automated parking garage technology for these to have secure storage as a feature as well! And if they really want to go all out they could have the retrieval area be closer to the attraction exit.

As another feature, they could have a smaller size limit for StrollerPass and thus encourage the use of smaller strollers in the park.

They could even use a freemium model and allow you to use premium parking once for free - or maybe a whole day free if they know you're on a multi-day pass.

The free StrollerClassic parking areas would be relocated to behind the attraction space to make room for the premium areas.

trainplane3

As someone who is courteous (and trying to cut our 6-year olds off the stroller; we swear this is the last year and we only use it ~20% of the day now) I wish people would be more respectful of strollers. There are CHILDREN in there. Cutting in front of me and slamming my kids in the feet or knocking something out of their hands (Plaza Ice cream once when they were 3) so you can get to Mine Train, a kiddie coaster, faster, is extremely rude.

Everyone should be considerate. I love it when I’m pushing the 100-lb (with the boys) stroller and someone behind me with a stroller slams me in the ankles! Can’t wait to throw the stroller in the garbage next year. Still working them up to 10 miles of walking in a day....

I do love all the grown Alien Swirling Saucer adults around here judging people for bringing small children to the Magic Kingdom, however. How dare someone take their 3-year old on Small World. I love Disney World but cannot stand entitled man-children and women-children. When strollers show up on the Vegas Strip, you will have a fair point, however.
Sorry if it came off as me blaming everything on strollers. I didn't mean it like that. I agree everyone should be considerate. I meant it towards the kind of people that ram the back of your ankles when the entire crowd has to slow down, and then repeatedly do it as well without so much as a "sorry".

docdebbi

Pure genius!

Or maybe the classic upcharge model where you can buy a StrollerPass subscription that lets you use premium stroller parking areas. And maybe they could use automated parking garage technology for these to have secure storage as a feature as well! And if they really want to go all out they could have the retrieval area be closer to the attraction exit.

As another feature, they could have a smaller size limit for StrollerPass and thus encourage the use of smaller strollers in the park.

They could even use a freemium model and allow you to use premium parking once for free - or maybe a whole day free if they know you're on a multi-day pass.

The free StrollerClassic parking areas would be relocated to behind the attraction space to make room for the premium areas.

You're missing the best part of this. They can install stroller vending machines like the carvana car vending machine. You go vertical, takes up less room, strollers go up and down and yours comes out. That HAS to be a major upcharge to use that thing. All the kids will want to do it! Double the price to let your kid stay in it and ride around.

HauntedMansionFLA

Just ban strollers as well. The stroller parks are an eyesore that take up so much of the (limited) walking paths.

It would make for a much better guest experience overall. Yes, parents, you can hold off until you toddlers can walk. My family waited and it was a great trip.
Instead of a ban, parents can rent an official Disney park stroller that has the size requirements that will acceptable

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You're missing the best part of this. They can install stroller vending machines like the carvana car vending machine. You go vertical, takes up less room, strollers go up and down and yours comes out. That HAS to be a major upcharge to use that thing. All the kids will want to do it! Double the price to let your kid stay in it and ride around.

View attachment 359636
You think you've seen complaints about sightlines now, just wait until they put a couple of these babies in!

ImperfectPixie

Here's the body of the e-mail Travel Agents were sent...

STROLLERS

Beginning May 1, we are adjusting our guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31" (79cm) wide and 52" (132cm) long or smaller. The good news – many of the strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Also, just a reminder that wagons are not permitted in our parks.

Beginning May 1, stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.

TIP: The smaller your stroller, the easier it is to navigate and maneuver the parks. At Walt Disney World Resort, your clients can rent a single or double stroller once they arrive, and they can be rented each day. Or, they can choose a Length of Stay Rental, which will save them time and money. While Walt Disney World already offers a double stroller rental, Disneyland Resort will soon offer one too.

SMOKING

Also beginning May 1, smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney in California.

TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances to the areas listed above, and at Disney Springs in Florida. For guests who have room or dining reservations, smoking areas are also available at Disney Resort hotels.

LOOSE ICE

Beginning today, if your clients plan to bring a cooler or cooler bag to store snacks and drinks for theme park or water park adventures, it’s important to know that loose or dry ice are no longer permitted.

TIP: We recommend your clients use re-useable ice packs instead. Complimentary cups of ice are available at Food & Beverage locations inside the parks if needed.

drizgirl

Disney just put that fancy stroller company out of business. The one who makes those huge strollers of Cinderella coach and such. Or else they better get back to work making all new slim designs.
Those are within size guidelines. Those limits are really pretty generous. I hate to break it to everyone but almost all of the actual strollers in the parks now meet the size limits. The big change is the ban on stroller wagons. I hope they hold firm on that one.

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
Those are within size guidelines. Those limits are really pretty generous. I hate to break it to everyone but almost all of the actual strollers in the parks now meet the size limits. The big change is the ban on stroller wagons. I hope they hold firm on that one.
Wouldn't that classify as a wagon? It most closely matches a wagon structure because it's not in a traditional stroller arrangement.

drizgirl

Wouldn't that classify as a wagon? It most closely matches a wagon structure because it's not in a traditional stroller arrangement.
I wouldn't call it a wagon, but who the heck knows. It will be interesting to see. I'm guessing if you watch that company's web site you'll see it addressed very soon.

My biggest issue with the Keenz was that the people driving them couldn't see around them and these would certainly have the same issue.

ImperfectPixie

I wouldn't call it a wagon, but who the heck knows. It will be interesting to see. I'm guessing if you watch that company's web site you'll see it addressed very soon.

My biggest issue with the Keenz was that the people driving them couldn't see around them and these would certainly have the same issue.
They specifically mention the stroller-wagons no longer being allowed. I'm curious to see how well it gets enforced though.

drizgirl

They specifically mention the stroller-wagons no longer being allowed. I'm curious to see how well it gets enforced though.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see them allow the carriage/MF strollers just because there are so few of them. But my guess is we'll know soon enough. The company won't stay in business if people get turned away.

ImperfectPixie

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see them allow the carriage/MF strollers just because there are so few of them. But my guess is we'll know soon enough. The company won't stay in business if people get turned away.
Well, designing something that looks like a wagon and rides like a wagon with the intent of marketing for Disney park goers probably wasn't the best idea to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom