New Spaceship Earth RUMOR

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Notice I put the word RUMOR is CAPITALS!!!!!

This is starting to circulate around the internet:

management rejected any gutting of Spaceship Earth in favor of a few minor changes and adding a new ending sequence, the descent back to Earth.

Sounds like good news to me.

DisneySaint

This rumor's been around since the time racer rumor was first shot down. At any rate, I sure favor this one over the Time Keeper one. I think this attraction is a timeless one (at least in our lifetimes). :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
yep, this has been out.

my eyes perk up a little anytime there is talk about SSE rehab, but there is only one person that i believe more over anyone else and take what he says about SSE more than a grain of salt.

but thanks for the concern and posting

Shaman

Ride vehicles need to be replaced with new models (is that a possible upgrade I wonder?)...I wouldn't mind them replacing the current AAs with newer more advanced ones...add a couple of new ones in there...add new effects to the scenes...there so much to work with especially towards the end....new scenes would be great...and a new post show too...

:D

DisneySaint

objr said:
Ride vehicles need to be replaced with new models (is that a possible upgrade I wonder?)...I wouldn't mind them replacing the current AAs with newer more advanced ones...add a couple of new ones in there...add new effects to the scenes...there so much to work with especially towards the end....new scenes would be great...and a new post show too...

Totally agree with you on these points, Objr. The ride vehicles are such clunkers. It's like riding in a half-running plastic Model T on a track. I agree that's something that should be a priority. The track needs to be replaced also. The AA's should also be replaced with the same techology used in S.I.R., but let me stress that they should be replicas of the A.A.'s that are there now. The A.A.'s that are there now have the WOW INCREDIBLE "turning head" technology. It's basically a manican (spelling wrong, I know) that simply turns its head or has some simply, rudimentary function. If we can replace most or all with some advanced animatronics, we'd have an icon of an attraction again. But don't advanced animatronics take a while to build? Look how long just Stich or just the Yeti took/are taking to build. To put in another 100 would be insane.

disneyfamily

objr said:

I agree also, but look how long it took them to upgrade IASW. Like 30 friggin years. If that holds true look for SE to rehab in about 7 years. :animwink:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
objr said:

i guess ill third the motion of agreeance!

DisneySaint

disneyfamily said:
I agree also, but look how long it took them to upgrade IASW. Like 30 friggin years. If that holds true look for SE to rehab in about 7 years. :animwink:

Exactly what I was trying to say. The ride would close for at least a year and a half. Which, I mean, I have no ultra problem with - but that is quite ridiculous to close the icon of the park for that long. It better come back being the greatest ride in Epcot. I think they should pour ALL of their resources into it.

PhilharMagician

DisneyJoey said:
This rumor's been around since the time keeper rumor was first shot down. At any rate, I sure favor this one over the Time Keeper one. I think this attraction is a timeless one (at least in our lifetimes). :wave:

I assume you mean Time Racers.

jmuboy

Thanks for the update. I am keeping my fingers crossed that SSE and Pirates are headed towards some much needed rehabs in the near future!

Austin1

man this rumor "is as old as time it's self, yet still being written" (haha)
The latest rumor sugests that in October of this year SSE will be closing for a major rehab of the AAs and sets, hopefully the ride vehicles also. The new SSE will be sponsered by Microsoft and will have a new post show. The rehab sould be complete just in time for epcots 25th celebration!!! Hope it happens :sohappy:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
objr said:

Yes, new ride vehicles would be greatly appreciated, the existing ones are... uncomfortable... to say the least. And a new post-show would be such a nice upgrade from ..... umm.... an empty room? :lol:

ead79

I’m in favor of a rehab that includes updating the ending scenes and replacing the ride vehicles. I hope that the “gutting SSE to put in a thrill ride or screen technology ride” rumor finally dies. I love SSE, and the only rehab I would like is a sprucing up, not a redo to add thrills.

SIR90210

In all honesty, I'll be fine with the ride if they fix the piping! The last couple of times I've been on it, I've gotten wet, which really p!sses me off while I'm at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom