New Space Mountain?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm surprised that the Space Mountain preview started a few days ago and I haven't seen any reviews of it yet. I thought for sure I'd find a review of it here. Have no members of this site been on it? I saw that pics were posted, but no actual reviews. Anyone know of any sites that have reviews of the attraction? I'm dying to know how the new version is. I do have to say that from the photos I've seen of the new queue, I'm not exactly blown away yet. It doesn't really look like they've changed the queue all that much. The Spaceport in particular was something I was expecting would look REALLY different and it really doesn't seem to. The "spaceship" (aka Intergalactic Probe) hanging from the ceiling has been modified a little, but truthfully I thought it would be completely replaced.

ajt_2002

my friends who work in the park say its amazing that the ride is better then ever. i believe the site mousetimes.com has reviews of it.

Kurtj43

I just rode the new Space Mountain on Sunday...and I must say WOW!!!!

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing that you will notice when you walk in is a TV setup kind of like Mission Space with the 'warnings of the ride'...

The loading area is awesome, with a HUGE pod at the top... The cars you ride in are different. You will now sit next to someone as compared to the old space mountain where you are one in front of another. 6 people are in the cars, but they are now two deep.

The take off is AWESOME. Like the old space mountain, there is a lighted red tunnel, but it is totally updated and is BRIGHT!!!!

The ride is FAST, without the herky-jerky turns and twists. There are no loops (as I've heard in the past) but the ride is fast, with turns, going up and down.

The ride is DARK, and the stars look great!!!! Realistic. There is also music playing on the ride, so it isn't quite as quiet as before.

It seemed to go quickly, but is probably the same amount of time.

A GREAT experience. I was in line for the soft opening and it took exactly 60 minutes to get in line and ride the attraction.

The outside queue area hasnt' really changed at all...

Hope this answers some questions

Figment1986

Um.. I swore i rememberd my ride in 99... and the cars were 2 per row.. your thinking WDW with one in a row....

(i think it is darker due to more brighter lights around you.... your eyes have adjusted to the brighter light then your in darkness.. and they probably changed a few things inside as well..)

xfkirsten

Yup, DL's SM was side-by-side before, only WDW's was in a row.

I'm dying to ride the new version... if only I could have a day off work!

wdwishes2005

Kurtj43 said:
I just rode the new Space Mountain on Sunday...and I must say WOW!!!!

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing that you will notice when you walk in is a TV setup kind of like Mission Space with the 'warnings of the ride'...

The loading area is awesome, with a HUGE pod at the top... The cars you ride in are different. You will now sit next to someone as compared to the old space mountain where you are one in front of another. 6 people are in the cars, but they are now two deep.

The take off is AWESOME. Like the old space mountain, there is a lighted red tunnel, but it is totally updated and is BRIGHT!!!!

The ride is FAST, without the herky-jerky turns and twists. There are no loops (as I've heard in the past) but the ride is fast, with turns, going up and down.

The ride is DARK, and the stars look great!!!! Realistic. There is also music playing on the ride, so it isn't quite as quiet as before.

It seemed to go quickly, but is probably the same amount of time.

A GREAT experience. I was in line for the soft opening and it took exactly 60 minutes to get in line and ride the attraction.

The outside queue area hasnt' really changed at all...

Hope this answers some questions

do they still have that little projection of the millenium falcon on the ceiling?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom