New Soarin' Movie (Open Brainstorming)

Which Disney park should be featured in Soarin' Over the World?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I was thinking of doing a new movie for Epcot's Soarin' Over California. that new movie and attraction should be called Soarin' Over the World.
You can pitch or PM me your ideas to me. After a week or so, I will pick the best ideas to make a ride-through

What do you think?
:D

PS, I am posting a poll on which Disneyland-style park will be featured in the fireworks scene.

Mr.EPCOT

Um..
EPCOT Center!!!!!

I would be so very, very angry if the next Soarin' movie ended with the Magic Kingdom.

Poll fail.

Mr.EPCOT

Is has ut terminus in a ortus ut est amo Veneficus Regnum!

Fine. Open brainstorm yourself a Soarin' for the Magic Kingdom. Keep MK out of EPCOT. If I ever ride Soarin' at EPCOT, and it ends over the Magic Kingdom, I will never ride it again. I'm sorry, but to not have it end over EPCOT (we're talking Soarin' Over the World, WORLD SHOWCASE, HELLOOOO?!?!?????) is really just kind of dumb.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Fine. Open brainstorm yourself a Soarin' for the Magic Kingdom. Keep MK out of EPCOT. If I ever ride Soarin' at EPCOT, and it ends over the Magic Kingdom, I will never ride it again. I'm sorry, but to not have it end over EPCOT (we're talking Soarin' Over the World, WORLD SHOWCASE, HELLOOOO?!?!?????) is really just kind of dumb.

If I was going to have a movie with World Showcase, I would call it Soarin' Over World Showcase.

Mr.EPCOT

So if you are going to have a movie with the Magic Kingdom, you're going to call it Soarin' Over the Magic Kingdom? In EPCOT?

krankenstein

Why are you asking for ideas only to shoot them down and become confrontational with people? Seriously Kermit, if you don't want people thoughts, than don't waste peoples time by asking for them.

AND, it HAS to end at EPCOT Center. That's where the attraction is. It's kind of dumb to end it at MK.

Mr.EPCOT

The current version ends in Disneyland, not an Epcot-style park.

That's only because they copied the film from Disneyland in California. It was appropriate at the time opened because we were celebrating the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, but once they change it, if the film ends over a park, it should be EPCOT. Anything else would be nonsensical, and, frankly, an insult. No one would even recognize any of the international Disneylands, the average Guest already thinks the California Disneyland in the film now is our Magic Kingdom.

Tip Top Club

Didn't mean to start a confrontation here, so I apologize for that.

That being said, It seems to make sense to everyone but Kermit for the ride to end over EPCOT. If you had said that the re-do was for DCA I would have said to end it over DCA. If it was for Shanghai I would have said to end it over Shanghai. (Just an example).

What the post specified was that it was for the film in Epcot, so what better way to end it then flying right over Spaceship earth, seeing the Jammitors dancing down by Innoventions, and the fountain of nations shooting water high into the sky, you would see a monorail making it's way around the park, then seeing the earth globe in the middle of the Lagoon with fireworks shooting and World Showcase pavillions lit for the night!

It just seems natural.

But it's your idea so do whatever you want. (You did say Open Brainstorming though, so don't ask for feedback next time if you don't want it)

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Meet the World and Eternal Seas were removed from Tokyo Disneyland because Michael Eisner wanted Japanese people to experience American life. Both attractions were about Japanese life. I want to do the same with Soarin'. That would be to show poeple things that are not local to the park. Do you see what I mean?

Tip Top Club

I see what you mean, but on the other hand "There's no place like home" and it would seem to me that ending anywhere but Epcot would be Unsatisfying.

As unsatisfying as the current ending ending at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom