New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon, "Splish'n'Splasher" Leaked to Press

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thought this deserved a new thread now that it is no longer a question, rumor, or speculation. We now have a major website, albeit in French, which is reporting that Splish'n'Splasher will be the next major attraction at Typhoon Lagoon... the ride will be located near Crush'n'Gusher and will feature at least one toilet bowl element (or funnel element since it's built for floats).

www.dlrp.fr

BL

Chux

Here is a rough translation from BabelFish

After Crush' Gusher open on March 15, 2005, Typhoon Lagoon will open soon Splish' Splasher in the same zone of the park. We had lately gone there in order to bring back some photographs for you. This new zone is offset enough of the remainder of the park unfortunately, and the single way making it possible to go there apart from that located just at the entry of the park is rather difficult to find. However, force is to notice that this new zone opened at the same time as Crush' Gusher is not large, very large. You will not have thus any evil to find a deckchair there to gild you the pillule. But if you come for the feelings, you will also have some for your money. Crush' Gusher did not present already an unquestionable attraction, as rather original toilets-coaster. The concept in is simple but effective: recover a buoy in the swimming pool near the other visitors leaving the toboggan and assemble the few steps which will carry out you to the top of the toboggan. There, three options will be offered to you, in the form of three different descents, leading all in the same giant basin. They offer similar feelings, based on a first relatively sloping descent, sitting on your buoy only, to two or even to three, and on increase quite as impressive. Yes, you read well, of the increase in a toboggan. It is enough unusual to be noted. How does it go? Very simply: in bottom of each increase a powerful jet is placed which, once last top, propels you water in the back, which causes to make you go up the slope, knowing that each increase is placed after a fall, inertia helping. With Splish' Splasher, Typhoon Lagoon will propose soon feelings which do not have anything to see but quite as original. Here, all starts with the choice of the course, like previously. Once hurled in your toboggan, you will end at the end of a certain time in a giant funnel, at the same time as of other visitors arriving of the other descents of the toboggan. There, you will turn one moment in the funnel by knocking you to the buoys of the other visitors, before falling in the center from the vat, in a swimming pool downwards. Located just on the left of Crush' Gusher, this attraction will not fail to attract crowd, for the fun which it will get in the funnel, due in particular to the interactions between visitors, as with the final fall in the swimming pool.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
My french is bad, but I will try to translate:

"After Crush'n'Gusher opened March 15 2005, Typhoon Lagoon will soon open the Splish'n'splasher waterslide in the same zone of the park. We ourselves had returned from there recently in order to bring you back some photos. This new zone is rather outlying of the remainder of the park unfortunately, but is connected to it near the entrance of the park Nevertheless, it is necessary at the same time to notice that this new open zone the Crush'n'gusher is big, very big. Therefore, you will not have any problem finding a chair anymore.

But if you come for the sensations, you will have equal for your money. The Crush'n'gusher already presented a certain attraction, as a water-coaster rather than a normal slide. The new concept is simple but effective: recover a spare tire in the swimming pool with the other visitors going out of the toboggan and climb the some levles that you will take to the summit of the toboggan (slide). There, three options will offer themselves to you, under the form of three different descents, resulting all in the same gigantic pool. [Can't translate the next sentence... something about riding the tires]

Yes, you have read well, went back up in a toboggan. This is rather unusual to be noted. How that works? [Can't translate this either... seems to be saying that instead of climbing stairs on Splish'n'Splasher, you will instead ride up to the top via water jets on your tire... Someone who really speaks French will have to help on this since I'm not good with waterpark vocab]

With the Splish'n'splasher, Typhoon Lagoon will soon have sensations that are nothing but original. [Can't translate this... seems to be talking about bumping into other guests in Splish'n'Splasher]

Situated just to the left of the Crush'n'gusher, this attraction will not lack to attract the crowds, for the fun that she will obtain in the entertainment, had in particular to the interactions between visitors, as well as to the final fall in the swimming pool.

Hope that helps until somebody who is fluent can appropriately translate.

BL

hokielutz

You know, there is something in the first translation that doesn't describe a safe attraction.... Specifically in the first translation that talks about three guests enter the funnel at the same time and interact/jostle for position before being dumped into the same landing pool.

I question whether this is real, just based on the description. I don't think its particularly safe if two or three guests have to bump and interact while in the same toilet bowl. There is a big potential of guests falling out of tubes, scratches, bumps, etc etc.... :hammer:

Just my thought... doesn't sound safe.

Bluewaves

well I read that translation and boy I guess I need to learn how to read French or something. it makes sense to see some expansion at Typhoon in irder to pull some of the load off of blizzard beach. The ride that is described sounds liek the toilet boy at wet n wild in las vegas and other places. Nothign very new. I hope this report is completely crazy in describing the ride and that we get another good water slide at typhoon. woohoo.

Rent a pseudo

far from official...

We have many fansites here in France that are picking stuff over the net rather than having sources of their own. Especially regarding international subjects.
Dlrp.fr is a fansite.
So far, the only conclusion we can make is that this board has many readers around the world ;)
Typhoon Lagoon expansion hasn't hit the press yet !

BRER STITCH

ANYONE ELSE THINK THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GIANT TOILET???

:lol:

I've seen that attraction before at many other water parks and it's a crowd pleaser, to be sure! It will be nice to see it with the Imagineers' "Lagoon" touch all over it.

Until then....just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

:wave:

mitchk

I don't know if there is any truth to this new slide, the Splish splasher (or what ever they are calling it), but I was at TL April 30, and there is some construction going on to the left of the Crush n' Gusher. I think I recall a post about the land being cleared, but I can't remember what they said it was going to be used for, but I am pretty sure it wasn't for a new slide :veryconfu

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bluewaves said:
well I read that translation and boy I guess I need to learn how to read French or something. it makes sense to see some expansion at Typhoon in irder to pull some of the load off of blizzard beach. The ride that is described sounds liek the toilet boy at wet n wild in las vegas and other places. Nothign very new. I hope this report is completely crazy in describing the ride and that we get another good water slide at typhoon. woohoo.
You are correct in description of a toilet bowl. They have a ride of a similar ilk at a local water park here in Jacksonville FL and it is quite fun.

If this slide does in fact go in TL you can pretty much guarantee that the imagineers will "plus" the original concept much like they did to Crush n Gusher and it will be much better than an off the shelf toilet bowl slide.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Well, depending on which translation is right this is going to be a big expansion or a very small expansion

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
In the other thread, I had a quick-made picture of how the expansion is going to work (remember, this is expansion phase II of III with Crush'n'Gusher being the first phase):

splish5ty.png

BL

Disneyland1970

I don't speak french,but when I read both translations of the article, I had a very cheesey french accent goin on in my head!:lol:

Is it Friday yet???:brick:

Pongo

If this is true, WDI needs to rethink the name.

Seiously. Splish 'n' Splasher? Crush 'n' Gusher I can handle.

But Splish 'n' Splasher?

:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom