News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

Capsin4

Not from the UK.
What is your source? Their growth last year was slower than Disney’s. They really don’t care where it comes from. Regardless, it’s a deflection from the fact that the difference in the draws of avatar vs tsl vs Potter is more about the franchises of choice and less so about theming quality.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
What is your source? Their growth last year was slower than Disney’s. They really don’t care where it comes from. Regardless, it’s a deflection from the fact that the difference in the draws of avatar vs tsl vs Potter is more about the franchises of choice and less so about theming quality.
No scource . Just going by the advertising over here being largely weighted to Potter over Disney. Of the handful of families I have spoken to who are going/have been Pandora is not the reason for the visit. Potter however is high on their list of to do.
I may be completely wrong but it's how I see things from this side of the pond.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No scource . Just going by the advertising over here being largely weighted to Potter over Disney. Of the handful of families I have spoken to who are going/have been Pandora is not the reason for the visit. Potter however is high on their list of to do.

There's really no need for a source, Avatar has a fraction of the fan following that Potter has.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Do locals ever buy one off park tickets anymore?

Let me rephrase...I’m sure they do. But the price adjusted for inflation is so much higher now...

Are people comfortable dropping $125 a day (plus parking) to get into a park where you have to preschedule everything??

That’s an honest question...I’m just thinking that it has rose 300% since 2000. Is that really that long ago to spend that kinda scratch now?
I was a local and quite a few of the weirdos with similar DNA to mine are still locals....I think the answer is yes, but at lower frequency. They used to be bought from time to time (I.e. unexpected free day). Now there has to be something new that seems intriguing. Besides prices, the onus on advanced planning also cuts into last second one day purchases. That’s the trend I see when talking with friends/family.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was a local and quite a few of the weirdos with similar DNA to mine are still locals....I think the answer is yes, but at lower frequency. They used to be bought from time to time (I.e. unexpected free day). Now there has to be something new that seems intriguing. Besides prices, the onus on advanced planning also cuts into last second one day purchases. That’s the trend I see when talking with friends/family.

Not surprising...from my limited experience around disney marketing/sales...the two things mentioned has somehow gotten us to a place where they imply that locals really are no longer welcome...which was carefully avoided under cover of night for 40 years.

It is what it is. Prescheduled leisure makes sense to the ticker...but it will never make full sense in a common sense base reality.

(I know...I see the problem there 🙈🙉🙊 )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's really no need for a source, Avatar has a fraction of the fan following that Potter has.

Well potter has proven me wrong...

Ten years ago I argued that Potter would drop in appeal significantly once the movie series was done and - at the time - Rowlings said no more.

They’ve augmented it and marketed it brilliantly...I have to say...and I see a new wave of young and even older fans. It’s the archetype of how to handle building a loyal/economic fan base in the modern digital age.

I would have never compared it on the level of - a certain other franchise - then. That’s what history told me...as one sat on a pedestal. But it has cut into its dominance a bit...even if different genres.

But that “other” franchise is being run by the keystone cops....disjointed and following some unnamed agenda that isn’t to make it more beloved. That isn’t hard...yet it’s failing some.

twilight mitsuk

With britain’s 9 trillion Harry Potter shops

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Well potter has proven me wrong...

Ten years ago I argued that Potter would drop in appeal significantly once the movie series was done and - at the time - Rowlings said no more.

They’ve augmented it and marketed it brilliantly...I have to say...and I see a new wave of young and even older fans. It’s the archetype of how to handle building a loyal/economic fan base in the modern digital age.

I would have never compared it on the level of - a certain other franchise - then. That’s what history told me...as one sat on a pedestal. But it has cut into its dominance a bit...even if different genres.

But that “other” franchise is being run by the keystone cops....disjointed and following some unnamed agenda that isn’t to make it more beloved. That isn’t hard...yet it’s failing some.

Also don't forget that Disney had the first pass at Potter and they squandered it by not allowing JK Rowling to have oversight of and final say over the details.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Having been over there this summer, I was continually surprised with what a big deal Potter is. Merchandise has burrowed into every conceivable niche.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
What’s next a hogwarts logo smoke alarm
images.jpg

prberk

If you believe that there is no reason for the price increases, or not at the level shown, then no one will change your mind then they should not bother. If you believe that there is more value for your money and that comparing 1988 Disney World to 2018 Disney World is not apples to apples, then no one will change that mind either.

Actually, there was a lot to do at WDW in 1988 that doesn't exist today, or is not kept up as well. No, we didn't have the Animal Kingdom, but we did have a fantastic EPCOT Center with everything working, including Imagination, Discovery Island, River Country, the Polynesian Luau (without Minnie) and other dinner shows (Broadway at the Top? -- not sure if that was still going), the longer Country Bear Jamboree with the Christmas and Summer overlays -- and the animal heads continuing to talk to you in the Mile Long Bar after you left the show -- a LIVE and energetic Christmas parade that wasn't a plastic infomercial, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Mike Fink Keelboats and other water options on the Rivers of America, the great water feature at the Polynesian, and more. And, of course, the Disney-MGM Studios park was on the horizon.

No, it wasn't as built out as it is now, but it was truly a resort with detail taken everywhere; and you were treated like a real guest. That I would take again any day,

LSLS

That's not at issue.

I was pointing out that it seems, by the cap shotted paragraph that if hyou don't use all the tickets in that given timeframe, the cost of the ticket can be applied to a new ticket in a new timeframe.

You mean if I buy say a 4 day ticket for the week of Nov 20 and don't end up going that week, not if I use 2 of the days and want to apply the other 2 to a future date, correct? At least that is my understanding.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
You mean if I buy say a 4 day ticket for the week of Nov 20 and don't end up going that week, not if I use 2 of the days and want to apply the other 2 to a future date, correct? At least that is my understanding.
The monetary value associated with those 2 days, not the 2 days themselves. For example, if you were to go 17 months later, the 6 tickets you have with the 2 extra days on them would get one person into MK for 17 minutes. Theoretically, of course. You’d have to spend the extra $713.00 to upgrade to a full day.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You’d have to spend the extra $713.00 to upgrade to a full day.

Hopefully you get the full day on that date. There may be a Spring Fling Magical after hours event kicking off at 7p. In that case you'd have to buy SFM tickets on top of your regular park tickets in order to experience the full day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom