"NEW SIGN-IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT" every time I log in to WDW website

LittleMerman

Original Poster
Does anyone else get an email every single time they log in to the WDW website with the subject "NEW SIGN-IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT?" It's so annoying. I've accepted the cookies but can't figure out how to stop this. Anyone know? Thanks!

jbird327

This has been going on for months for me. I wouldn’t mind a 2 step verification option…the thought of someone getting into my account and clicking cancel has crossed my mind more than once.

Penny’s Dad

This is a safety feature that Disney implemented about a year ago. Disney accounts are subject to identity theft just like any other corporation. I appreciate the fact they let me know when my account has been accessed. That way if I am sitting in Tennessee and someone accesses my account from Montana I want to know.

DonaldDoleWhip

This is a safety feature that Disney implemented about a year ago. Disney accounts are subject to identity theft just like any other corporation. I appreciate the fact they let me know when my account has been accessed. That way if I am sitting in Tennessee and someone accesses my account from Montana I want to know.
The problem is when it’s always you logging in from the exact same devices and browsers, yet it still happens every other day or so.

At DL in particular, always happens when I’m trying to book or access a G+ reservation. Massive pain, and I’ve yet to see anyone else try to access my account.

mysto

Tech security has devolved to a state of perpetual CYA. In spite of the "for your protection" wording, the A being covered is not yours but the corporation's.

The user has no choice usually, can't control it.

LittleMerman

Original Poster
My bank isn't this annoying though

Ayla

Does anyone else get an email every single time they log in to the WDW website with the subject "NEW SIGN-IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT?" It's so annoying. I've accepted the cookies but can't figure out how to stop this. Anyone know? Thanks!
There is no way to stop it.

Patcheslee

I've noticed it happens when I switch what I'm accessing. So sometimes MDE, other times website via phone, or website via laptop. It also sends me notice if I log onto movie club, cruise, etc related sites.

Br0ckford

200.gif

Takes about a second to press

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom