new sign addition

celestia

Original Poster
new sign addition (and a few other things)

Havn't seen it posted yet, I appologize if it's already old news. Last night they added more to the entrance signs (where it now says "where magic lives" with the blue banners.) The 'where magic lives' portion of the sign now has illuminated lettering at night, and they added the new castle logo with clouds on top in place of the centered gold flag. I noticed this on the sign on Epcot Center Drive. The blue 'where magic lives' banner ties in much better now with the castle on the top. Does not seem as out of place now.

A quick cinderella castle update: Half of the blue spires are painted now, they are definately very dark blue and extreamly shiny, they almost look like they are made out of tile now, very nice. The crane has been up every morning, but is usually gone by late afternoon (probably due to the evening firework activity.)

Was able to catch the High School Musical Pep Rally. It was pretty darn good, but please please PLEASE can we have tomorrowland actually be tomorrowland again? This show would have fit in so much better at Disney-MGM Studios. Other than that, it was a great high energy show, check it out :)

The new western show is great as well. It was really nice to see Bullseye out. They did all kinds of cute western things with kids, had great music, beautiful vivid outfits, and they even did the hokey pokey like the hoedown. (are they still doing the hoedown as well? wasn't sure.)

Claribelle Cow and Horice Horsecollar were both out doing meet and greets this morning by the MK turnstiles (by the mickey planting.) They looked amazing and had an absolutely HUGE line. Great to see them out!

Thats it for now!
:wave:

Imaginationeer

I have also seen all of these things and have to say that i hate the Pep Rally! So this is how tomorrowland dies with teenagers parading around to idiotic music? Anyway, i love the new signs and the return of Horace and Clarabelle to the active Disney family.

metscool

I could never figure it out why they did something like that. I will try to watch the show this weekend. If I wasn't in classes yesterday I would have been there on opening day.

CTXRover

So this is how tomorrowland dies with teenagers parading around to idiotic music?

I haven't seen the pep rally thing, but I said this in another thread. The pep rally will likely be a lot of fun for its target audience. Unless it is unbelievably popular beyond any reasonable expectations, it will run its course then be history and won't 'ruin' Tomorrowland in the long-term. They have been doing Magic Music Day concerts in TL for years that use high school bands and choruses and when they did have shows in the Galaxy Palace theater, they didn't always have any reasonable connection to Tommorowland's look at the future/sci-fi theme. Just think of the pep rally as a daily Magic Music days event and have some fun :)

LilRoo714

I'm so happy I'm going to get to see this all in a few weeks. :sohappy:

Was Bullseye doing meet-n-greets or just part of the western show? He's a favorite of ours!

Enchantris

The new show is called Woody's Cowboy Camp, involving Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye. It is a very cute show, very energenic and fun fun for the kids and even the adults who might want to join in. As far as meet and greets... none of the characters meet and greet during the show, there is a brief period at the end for saying hello, possibly a quick picture.

Second note the Walt Disney World arches look great, not to correct anyone, the sign does not say "where magic lives" it says "Where Dreams Come True"!

Have A Magical Day!

metscool

Second note the Walt Disney World arches look great, not to correct anyone, the sign does not say "where magic lives" it says "Where Dreams Come True"

You are right on that one. The other night I saw them working on the sign outside where I-4 and Epcot exit meet. THe traffic that night was bad real bad.

celestia

Original Poster
yet another sign update

Last night I drove by again, it now has new flags (the gold ones are gone) and it looked like they were adding lighting to the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom