New Ships v Old Ships??

Which DCL Ships do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hi Folks :wave:

After being on the Magic in the summer i loved every second! Any fears i had of a ship with crowds of people all over was blown away and in fact the ship often felt quiet and very relaxing! Also the crew members were brilliant and a very personable experience was had by all of us at our table!:sohappy:

With the Dream already cruising and the Fantasy on its way is any of this lost onboard! These bigger ships hold about 1300 more passengers and there must be a risk that alot of this can be lost! Now i cant wait to cruise on the Fantasy but to those who have been on the Dream which series of ship do you prefer???:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have cruised on both the new and the old and found the same "Am I the only person on this boat?" feeling even though each cruise was sold out.

Disneyfalcon

I'm with Master Yoda. I've never felt like it was packed on any ship. Other than the pools that is, which are always pretty full on a sunny day.

I love both the old and new ships. I may prefer the new but I wouldn't turn down either one!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
I'm with Master Yoda. I've never felt like it was packed on any ship. Other than the pools that is, which are always pretty full on a sunny day.
I love both the old and new ships. I may prefer the new but I wouldn't turn down either one!

Thats great to hear! The extra size must have helped to spread out all the extra passengers :sohappy:

KawaiiBits

I have never been on the cruise ship, or any large ship at that. I am scared to death of them.

I would certainly go on the Disney cruise ship though, I feel safe with the WDW company. I hope to go one day! I need to a savings for it.

sweetpee_1993

Haven't been on the classic ships yet but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to sailing on either of them. I do hope they get the comforters with duvets soon. Y'all know how I feel about those bedspreads... Lol!

Mkmommy

We were on the Dream last March when they had problems rolling the computer system over to the next cruise , so we sat in the Terminal for 5 hours before they could board anyone. That set the tone for the cruise, people were frantic and stressed the whole 4 days, and everyone seemed to be pushing and rushing everywhere.

We ended up skipping dinner 2 nights so we could enjoy the pool and aqua duck in peace. We had a fun cruise, but when I was on the Magic in August I realized just how special the Magic is.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'll be sailing on my first Disney cruise in August, on the Magic, and I'm really pleased about that because the Magic's "birthday" is the same day as mine! :lol:

ChuckElias

I hope to go one day! I need to a savings for it.
As a Florida resident, you may be able to find special discounts. Tammy would know more about this than I do, but my dad used to call the DCL reservation line and ask if there were any resident fares available. If they have some available, it's just whatever rooms haven't been filled, I think. And with the new ships being virtually sold out for the next 20 years, I don't know if they still offer those discounts.

Tammy?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As a Florida resident, you may be able to find special discounts. Tammy would know more about this than I do, but my dad used to call the DCL reservation line and ask if there were any resident fares available. If they have some available, it's just whatever rooms haven't been filled, I think. And with the new ships being virtually sold out for the next 20 years, I don't know if they still offer those discounts.

Tammy?
While I am not Tammy I can answer that.

Discounts on the cruises leaving from Port Canaveral are becoming the exception rather than the rule. Most of the ships, especially the 3-4 night cruises, sell out well in advance. You will occasionally see some Florida Resident discounts on the off months, but if you want to cruise with Disney out of Canaveral the best bet is to book as early as possible (prices go up the closer to cruise date) and then keep your eyes open for any discounts.

Disneyfalcon

While I am not Tammy I can answer that.

Discounts on the cruises leaving from Port Canaveral are becoming the exception rather than the rule. Most of the ships, especially the 3-4 night cruises, sell out well in advance. You will occasionally see some Florida Resident discounts on the off months, but if you want to cruise with Disney out of Canaveral the best bet is to book as early as possible (prices go up the closer to cruise date) and then keep your eyes open for any discounts.

Master Yoda is completely right, of course. The discounts are definitely getting fewer and farther between.

There are a few in the coming months! Here's a thread from a few days ago:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=831941

216bruce

Been on the Dream, the Magic and the Wonder. I like the older boats if I had to choose. Won't turn down a cruise on the new ones by any means, but the older ones are a little easier to find your way around on and, I think, look a little better. The Aqua-Duck is nice but gimme the classic look and feel of the older boats. The one thing I can't stand cosmetically are some of the other cruise line's mega-boats. They are hideous and look like floating shoeboxes. Kudos to Disney for making their "biggies" look pretty good.

tracyandalex

We have been on the Wonder and the Dream and we preferred the Wonder. There was nothing wrong with the Dream, it was amazing, it just felt a little more commercial to us. The most annoying difference for us were the character meet & greets. It always seemed like there were long lines for characters way in advance of the meet & greet time. We didn't remember having this same issue on the Wonder. We still had an awesome time though and can't wait to get on the Fantasy, hopefully nest year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom