News New segment name for the Theme Park division within Walt Disney Co.

wannabeBelle

More MBA crap.

"Walt Disney Parks and Resorts" always made more common sense, with or without a Consumer Products division affiliated. Forgetting the "resorts" part, I think, has been a part of the problem with the "experience" overall these days, especially at Walt Disney World where the "resort" concept should be the most fleshed out of any resort complex in the world.

No matter what they call it, they are better off by leaving the corporate office often and, just like Walt did, walking around the parks and resorts and "experiencing" their product ... and hearing real live consumers... themselves than they will get from any offsite data analysis alone. That is rarely a tool business schools teach, but Walt helped build that business that way. And it certainly worked.
You dont know how often I have said exactly this. Marie

Lensman

They only did this to better hide the consumer products bleeding. Just as they did when they merged Interactive Media into Consumers Products.
I do wonder what the real motivation for these things are - this specific renaming or the original merging of parks with products.

For instance, a positive explanation is that it makes it easier for the parks to get attraction or store-specific products out. Or that it facilitates using park stores as incubators for products that they plan to subsequently roll out more broadly.

Of course, it may be none of these and what @Liberty6 said.

Also, I wonder if the name change means that they're planning to market non-consumer products? Super-doubtful, I know.

Speaking of parks and products, I'd love to see them sell stormtrooper costumes or other costumes from SW:GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom