News New security measures

G00fyDad

Holy crap. A mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando last night and I knew there would be discussions on the forums about it. However, I did not know it was going to devolve into page after page after page after page after page of people screaming back and forth at each other about gun rights. Of course, I should have expected it. :rolleyes: This shooting last night had nothing to do with gun rights. It was simply some moron that open fire in a nightclub for whatever useless personal or religious reason. You can try to regulate guns all you want. Somebody like that is still going to get a firearm. They are still going to do what they want to do. No I don't think the average citizen needs an assault rifle, and if they were allowed to have something like that legally it still wouldn't have stopped what happened last night. The plain and simple fact of the matter is the average law-abiding citizen that owns a gun wouldn't have had one in the nightclub to begin with to be able to defend anyone. What happened last night was a tragic event. It has nothing to do with second amendment rights and whether you approve of people having firearms or if you are against it. Can everyone just try to remember the 50 people that died last night and stop worrying about what side of the fence you fall on with gun control?

photomatt

Matt, I understand your argument but I think one most people say weapon of mass destruction they're thinking a bomb, possible nuclear.
OK. I see your point.
What should we call assault rifles then? What should we call armor-piercing ammunition that is privately owned? I will use whatever terminology you want.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Honestly, have at it.

All I'll say as an Australian now living in Germany, by now the rest of the world looks at the endless parade of mass shootings in the US as the bargain Americans seem content to make due to their idiosyncratic love affair with guns. It doesn't make sense looking from the outside, but so be it.

As someone living in Germany, you should understand why guns are a part of our society. it was Hitler who took guns from all people prior to rounding up the Jewish people. Prior to killing millions and causing world war 2.

Matt_Black

Holy crap. A mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando last night and I knew there would be discussions on the forums about it. However, I did not know it was going to devolve into page after page after page after page after page of people screaming back and forth at each other about gun rights. Of course, I should have expected it.

What screaming? Things have been relatively civil.

Sir_Cliff

As someone living in Germany, you should understand why guns are a part of our society. it was Hitler who took guns from all people prior to rounding up the Jewish people. Prior to killing millions and causing world war 2.
Oh boy, you've swallowed that argument that the Holocaust was caused by gun control?

TeriofTerror

It’s not just bad ideas and angry men that lead to these obscene death tolls. It’s that the ill heads with these twisted ideas can so easily access a means of lethality uncommon in the civilized world. We are an aggrieved, worked up, angry people. But an American who is aggrieved or enraged or unmoored is more deadly that an Englishman or an Australian not because of the extremes of our discourse, or the extent of our aggrievement. The bad idea that people are most dying from is not an ant- LGBT idea or an anti-cop idea or anti-Western, anti-Christian, anti-American. It’s anti–gun control. That’s the deadliest idea of all.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Which one of the above can not be done using a normal rifle or handgun?
They all can. But who are you to judge what kind of firearms someone uses.

For the last one, it would be virtually impossible to try to take care of a couple hundred feral hogs or a group of coyotes effectively with a single shot rifle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom