News New security measures

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you're a normal person with a normal job in a normal town, and you need to own a weapon with no purpose other than killing people in the 21st century, then you're doing being a human being wrong.
Um. Weapons are not created just to kill people. So your statement above is not accurate.

matt9112

Whiney? OK...

I will make you a deal. I will stop being "whiney" when you stop being selfish, and put the good of society over your own personal desire to own a weapon with no other purpose other than to kill large numbers of humans at once. Fair? I think so.

theres more guns in this country than humans but im selfish? its me? just me? lol ok

photomatt

With guns, we allow their use (if you are of legal age). We criminalize shooting people because that is an avoidable action.

See. I think the same thing makes sense about guns.
You have a good point. The problem is that we don't seem to be avoiding the shootings. We make them more severe than they could be, by allowing private ownership of weapons that have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of humans in a short period of time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You have a good point. The problem is that we don't seem to be avoiding the shootings. We make them more severe than they could be, by allowing private ownership of weapons that have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of humans in a short period of time.
I still hold the position that removing the gun from the law abiding won't solve the problem. Gun or rice cooker, evil doers will find a way to inflict massive amounts of evil.

photomatt

theres more guns in this country than humans but im selfish? its me? just me? lol ok
No. I think all people who privately own assault rifles, or other weapons that only exist to kill large numbers of humans at once, are selfish. You're right. I need to make that more clear.

RSoxNo1

This is true, but it is not a reason to allow private citizens to own weapons of mass destruction.

Not buying into your definition of what a weapon of mass destruction is. That's just a scare tactic.

How do you define mass destruction? You don't think the murder of 50 people in a few minutes qualifies?

Matt, I understand your argument but I think one most people say weapon of mass destruction they're thinking a bomb, possible nuclear.

If you're a normal person with a normal job in a normal town, and you need to own a weapon with no purpose other than killing people in the 21st century, then you're doing being a human being wrong.

I disagree with this. I had a friend that worked in a crappy part of Roxbury Massachusetts. There are plenty of bad cities/towns/neighborhoods in this country and the world. He got a concealed carry permit after being robbed at gunpoint. I have absolutely no reservations about a responsible gun owner going through the necessary steps and appropriate training to protect him/herself.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No. I think all people who privately own assault rifles, or other weapons that only exist to kill large numbers of humans at once, are selfish. You're right. I need to make that more clear.
I think you are judgemental. As a society are we not supposed to have moved past judging others beliefs and lifestyles?

Sir_Cliff

your point? i love this country and all of its flaws more than you know.....this kind of talk is what is so low.
Honestly, have at it.

All I'll say as an Australian now living in Germany, by now the rest of the world looks at the endless parade of mass shootings in the US as the bargain Americans seem content to make in order to nurture their idiosyncratic love affair with guns. It doesn't make sense looking from the outside, but so be it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom