New Scoop on Discounts

dizneykev

I just was told that the new AP discount will begin on Sunday at 7am. I was told the discounts will be MUCH deeper than anything that is available right now through any existing codes. The cm I spoke too would not get specific, but she said make sure to call 1st thing Sunday morning to make my adjustment. I can't wait. Just wanted to give all my lurkers on the best site on the web the scoop before anyone else.

Dizneykev

BTW - the code to ask for is CKN. I was told it is as good as a resident discount.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My guess would be that the discount would be close to the pre- and post-Thanksgiving rates.

I called Sunday morning and got 3 rooms at PO-Riverside for $2100, 8 nights in December. Saved $1400 from the regular rate. I was quite happy. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Originally posted by EnSkywalker
Well, I got off the phone with CRO this morning. We're staying for five nights in the Polynesian during value season.

Originally booked with AAA discount with a savings of approx 250.
Last week called in with code CKO with additional savings of approx 420.
Just called with AP rates using code CKN with additional savings of $80.

Total savings off of rack rate $750.

Thank goodness we bought those AP's last year!

Get calling!

:veryconfu
Do you mean that they actually let you use several discounts at the same time? I thought that you could only use the one discount that got the best deal. Being able to "Stack" discounts is kind of unheard of in the travel industry (at least at the hotel companies I've worked for) If this is true, I may need to start staying on property!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

it isnt really stacking per se. If you have a resertvation thru Disney you can make a second and cancel the first. The discounts are just better nnot that you can use them in conjunction with each other!

Upvote 0

jmarc63

Originally posted by RPMdfw

:veryconfu
Do you mean that they actually let you use several discounts at the same time? I thought that you could only use the one discount that got the best deal. Being able to "Stack" discounts is kind of unheard of in the travel industry (at least at the hotel companies I've worked for) If this is true, I may need to start staying on property!

I think what he was saying and this is what a smart shopper would do . He made a reservation, then found a new code and got a beter deal and booked a cecond reservation, he then cancel the first, then he found an even better deal than the first and booked a third and canceled the second. you should never cancel a reservation untill you have the new one locked in.

Upvote 0
Not really stacking. I just called into CRO and modified the reservation. I assume that they canceled my previous reservation and gave me the new rate. The confirmation mailing only listed it as modified for the CKO code. I haven't recieved my confirmation notice of the AP rate yet as I only made it Sunday.

The savings comparison is merely to show the additional savings by using the new code based on prices quoted.

For example Rack rate is 1660
AAA is 1411
CKO is 993
AP rate is 910.

I toyed with the idea of upgrading to concierge but I didn't think it would be worth the extra $$$.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom