New San Angel Inn menu

Pioneer Hall

I have a reservation to eat there in October, and am excited that they have refurbed the menu. La Hacienda was very good when I went there in the winter and have high hopes for San Angel now (even if the prices are a bit on the high side in the Mexico pavilion).

wolf359

San Angel just rolled out a June 2011 menu, which I enjoyed quite a bit on my last visit.

If you like to squint here's a couple bad photos of the new menu:

sanangellunch.jpg

sanangeldinner.jpg

durangojim

Original Poster
San Angel just rolled out a June 2011 menu, which I enjoyed quite a bit on my last visit.

If you like to squint here's a couple bad photos of the new menu:

sanangellunch.jpg

sanangeldinner.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Did the atmosphere inside change as well? The blog speaks about white tablecloths and a cart that brings around the tequila, did you see that as well?

quirkle

:slurp:This looks a lot better than the choices I had last time we were there. Puttin this back in the ADR list!

mwlillie

For the love of money

It would appear that Disney has managed to add about 10 to 15 more tables to the same space as before. Both by making the tables smaller and square, and by positioning them to more "efficiently" use floor space.

However, now the area will be louder, more crowded, and most people will have not be able to see the boats going by (which was part of the ambiance IMHO)

What next management? Charge people additional money for "preferred" seating locations? Or, even better, put up a long mantle for people to stand at and eat, that way you can get even more business.

This really makes me angry.

SeaCastle

The tables in the last incarnation seemed a lot smaller, but I hope that they put some of those quirky, colorful chairs on eBay or something. It added a lot of character to the restaurant.

Computer Magic

It would appear that Disney has managed to add about 10 to 15 more tables to the same space as before. Both by making the tables smaller and square, and by positioning them to more "efficiently" use floor space.

However, now the area will be louder, more crowded, and most people will have not be able to see the boats going by (which was part of the ambiance IMHO)

What next management? Charge people additional money for "preferred" seating locations? Or, even better, put up a long mantle for people to stand at and eat, that way you can get even more business.

agree. Tables are too close to each other.

DDuckFan130

Since my friend Sherman mentioned a discussion on the menu changes, I can vouch for the menu being good :lookaroun

We always eat at San Angel and we always eat Sirloin with Chilaquiles. We're Hispanic and we love our steaks, and San Angel rivals our Nicaraguan churrascos, which is no easy feat!

Anyway, the price of that specific dish did go up a dollar but we don't mind. I also like that the steak is not always as big as it used to be because between that, the chilaquiles, the beans AND the chips and salsa (more on that in a bit), that's a LOT of food! We had been to San Angel on Memorial Day also and they had just made the changes. I absolutely love the new cups for water and would want to take them home. I have a pic below. We just went this past Tuesday as well. I honestly didn't notice the seating changes until you all mentioned it lol We've been lucky in getting tables next to the water the past few trips so I didn't realize it. But again I don't mind. People don't seem to have a problem being cramped at Biergarten which I actually did mind the one time I went. But in San Angel I didn't notice the difference.

The chips and salsa: I remember people complaining about these. The chips are authentic tortilla chips but now are served with chipotle sauce instead of salsa. You could ask for salsa verde too which my mom does but the chipotle is definitely a lot spicier.

Now, that dessert. We tried the Bavarian cream and wow was that good!! If you like flan it's the same texture and just so yummy.

My family always eats at San Angel and it never disappoints. So I highly recommend it. The naysayers...well, let's just say things haven't changed in my limited times coming here lol To each his own :)

And on a similar note, I highly recommend the cheese empanadas from the cantina. That cheese is amazing!

252160_10150193807181451_542736450_7097228_8243184_n.jpg

wolf359

I can't believe they nixed the tacos de ribeye !!!! :eek:

That was my go-to meal every time. Damn it.

The new filet tacos on the appetizer menu are outstanding. Highly recommended.

Noise level was fine when I ate there. Same as always the majority of the noise inside was coming from the budding percussionists in the courtyard shop playing with the tambourines and bongos, not my fellow diners.

The distance between tables also seemed about the same. It's always been a little close in there and if they squeezed in a few more tables it didn't have a noticeable impact on my meal.

But don't let me stand in the way of your moral outrage...

jakeman

I'm going to need an exact count on how many extra tables so I know exactly what level of indignation I should be at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom