New SADCT Floats 7-8-06?

WDWRLD

Original Poster
Hey, I was at MK this afternoon and saw SADCT parade for the first time in a year. Right before it started a CM who was entertaining the crowd said we were in for something special because today was the first time that these new floats were going to be used in a parade. I know that were not the same ones used last summer so are they really that new or have they been used for some time now? More to come......

Attachments

• 7-8-06 AM 210.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 210.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 508
  • 7-8-06 AM 213.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 213.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 7-8-06 AM 217.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 217.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 7-8-06 AM 219.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 219.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 7-8-06 AM 220.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 220.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 372

WDWRLD

Original Poster
Here is the rest...

Attachments

• 7-8-06 AM 226.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 226.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 7-8-06 AM 232.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 232.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 7-8-06 AM 235.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 235.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 7-8-06 AM 237.jpg
    7-8-06 AM 237.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 267

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I saw the parade July 3rd, the only float that is different is Wish Upon a Star (Pinnochio) and he's missing his bubble.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think I've ever seen Jiminy in the parks. I guess I've always been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's cool ! :wave:

I always pictured him as ALOT smaller. :lol:

carolina_yankee

Why is Mickey on Peter Pan's float? In Brian's shots Mickey's standing where Wendy normally stands, at least in my photos from 6/04 and 1/06. Was his float missing from the start of the parade?

Dirk

GenieGirl

They are in the process of removing the globes from the floats. Mickey is currently standing on top of the castle float. Each float (except for Pan) will be having their globe removed in the coming month. A new parade will be opening around the beginning of August with the revised floats and new music.

mpaul32001

GenieGirl said:
A new parade will be opening around the beginning of August with the revised floats and new music.

Then it's a good thing i have the Master Audio with all of the show stops! They did a great job of the pinnochio float redo!

WDWRLD

Original Poster
IMO the floats dont look as good as what Disney usually puts out. Pinnocho (sp) float looked great. The Blue Genie float looked good also, but the castle float looked kinda shabby. It almost looked like it was goughly put together than covered with stucco to cover all the inperfections. Then on top of that they put on a heavy coat of paint. Also the lucite or what ever medium parst look just that. They dont give the illusion of crystal that I have seen in the past. Also the parade seemed shorter, not sure if it really was but it seemed that way. Also thought there was a POTC float that came along prior to SADCT. But thats just my opinion, but overall still a great parade.

tirian

^^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the decision to shorten and re-arrange the SaDCT parade was made months ago. I haven't stopped to watch it in such a long time that I didn't realize it hadn't changed yet.

mkepcotmgmak

thanks for the post! Pinocchio's float looks great! Hope the other floats look a little different from their "originals," but this looks great :).
Thanks for posting!

Scar Junior

WDWparadetech1 said:
I drive the Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes float. I used to have a 3 unit float. Now I just drive one unit which is still the first float.

Very cool. Just curious... what does three and one unit mean?

It's good to see Pinocchio without anything holding him down. What do you all think? I personally like the bubble around Cinderella and Charming.

disnyfan89

The parade used to be about an Half an hour but when they took out the Parade stops it got shorten alot! A three unit float would mean that there are three floats conected as three. Like the last float in Spectromagic.

I also heard the other two prince parade floats will be returning.

goofntink

The globe from Pinnochio float is already for sale at Mousesurplus if anyone is interested in it.:D Saw it for sale the other day.

SewIn2Disney

The already sold one of the bubbles on MouseSurplus (on Ebay) a few weeks ago, so the globes are outta there once they come off. Too bad though, I really liked them. I always thought that they should have had glitter flying around inside of them to give them the real snowglobe effect, but I guess that would have been a nightmare to clean out of the costumes.

disnyfan89

SewIn2Disney said:
The already sold one of the bubbles on MouseSurplus (on Ebay) a few weeks ago, so the globes are outta there once they come off. Too bad though, I really liked them. I always thought that they should have had glitter flying around inside of them to give them the real snowglobe effect, but I guess that would have been a nightmare to clean out of the costumes.
They did! Untill they stoped the show stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom