New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

REVIEW Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney's Hollywood Studios​

It’s interesting reading your review and comparing it to friend’s I have that also went yesterday. They had the exact opposite opinion as yours regarding the brisket and ribs. Their brisket they said was dry and chewy but the ribs were fall off the bone tender and meaty and very flavorful. They also said their potato salad had mayo and vinegar and was not pleasant. The pictures they had you could see it look like potato salad soup, it was not pretty. Lol!
I am happy to see it getting good reviews so far. Maybe some of the negative Nelly’s here will stop making ill comments about it now that people have actually eaten there and are able to have an informed opinion.

note2001

Reviews are saying it's excessively loud in there, both from the normal sounds of people talking as well as the announcements. There is nothing to absorb sound: no carpet, no ceiling tiles, not even some curtains.

WDWFanRay

I feel like the kid in the story, Emperor’s New Clothes, who points out the obvious, that the Emperor is naked….. except my revelation/proclamation is “$45.00 IS TOO MUCH FOR LUNCH!!”

ToTBellHop

I feel like the kid in the story, Emperor’s New Clothes, who points out the obvious, that the Emperor is naked….. except my revelation/proclamation is “$45.00 IS TOO MUCH FOR LUNCH!!”
I doubt I’d be having a full dinner after “lunch” here. For me, it’s more an issue that it’s too much to eat at 11:30 am. When it’s “all I care to eat,” I care to eat a lot.

Rteetz

It’s interesting reading your review and comparing it to friend’s I have that also went yesterday. They had the exact opposite opinion as yours regarding the brisket and ribs. Their brisket they said was dry and chewy but the ribs were fall off the bone tender and meaty and very flavorful. They also said their potato salad had mayo and vinegar and was not pleasant. The pictures they had you could see it look like potato salad soup, it was not pretty. Lol!
I am happy to see it getting good reviews so far. Maybe some of the negative Nelly’s here will stop making ill comments about it now that people have actually eaten there and are able to have an informed opinion.
Yeah it seems like reviews are all over the place. Some really like one thing but not the other and then another person says the opposite. I am still looking to give it a go.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah it seems like reviews are all over the place. Some really like one thing but not the other and then another person says the opposite. I am still looking to give it a go.
I think it’s a lot like pizza, with personal preferences etc. then there is the specific cut of meat and exactly how it was smoked. Quite a lot of variability.

note2001

I think it’s a lot like pizza, with personal preferences etc. then there is the specific cut of meat and exactly how it was smoked. Quite a lot of variability.
Yup. There are people who love Pizza Rizzo. Whatever. Keeps them away from the lines at the place I want to eat.
If this helps to make it easier to get dinner at other locations, I won't complain about how they chose to spend their money.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

BBQ is a very forgiving cuisine so long as they don't intentionally try to value engineer it. I think so long as they keep the product consistent and service good, it will be success. Let's hope that they learned their lesson when they tinkered with Ohana to cut back and it blew up on them.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Roundup Rodeo BBQ restaurant tour and food​

Review coming, but here are lots of photos of the restaurant and food.

Roundup-Rodeo-BBQ_Full_50982.jpg

Roundup-Rodeo-BBQ_Full_50952.jpg

Roundup-Rodeo-BBQ_Full_50968.jpg

Roundup-Rodeo-BBQ_Full_50954.jpg

Could be worse....?
Henry-Cavill-with-a-Mustache-as-Superman-in-Justice-League-Pre-CGI.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For three courses each with at least three options which you can have all at once, all you care to eat, and unique theming?

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom