New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

ToTBellHop

I mean, I'm hardly the land's loudest advocate, I certainly think they could have done a little more, but without going down that road, what's there was a nice surprise and enjoyable. Hopefully they address the shade issue ... stanchioned umbrellas help but that's not enough.

It has some flaws for sure. But I like what's there. I think I probably like Swirling Saucers more than most and Slinky Dog was the biggest surprise. A lot of fun. Wish it had more scenes but at the same time, it doesn't detract from the experience. Like everything, it has a lot of pros and cons :)

I mean, most all of us have repeatedly gone over the flaws of the land. They simply don't like the aesthetic, and that's fine, just say "I don't like it" instead of acting like a theme expert and that it's some abomination. (Kind of never thought I'd defend the land, but I've actually you know, been in it lol)
Maybe Andy’s mom will put in a gazebo.

Lensman

A better organized company would have realized around 7/5/18 that this was needed, started building it immediately, and opened it in time for Toy Story 4. It is shocking sometimes how this company misses out on synergy, especially where it would be perfectly reasonable. Can we get Duck Tales World Showcase Adventure before Duck Tales is about to go off-the-air (like Kim Possible and then Phineas and Ferb...)?
Don't you imagine that's what they think they did? ;)
1. Realized that they needed this in July.
2. Started the project preliminaries immediately.
3. Fast-tracked it.

So here we are nine months later with the project approved, the restaurant named, and some concept art for the announcement. Way to go TDO! Moving so fast we can't see you doing anything!

Missing20K

I know you're being snarky, but nope they're not. You all just seem to nitpick at TSL because you don't like the plastic, cardboard decor and "theming". To each their own. Have you visited the land?
You say "you all" but only quote me.....

The statement you quoted was in response to someone who felt that the bulb size of the lights was unimportant. I disagreed.

Now if you are speaking to any of my other posts about the upcoming TS, I simply stated that one could convey the story of being shrunk to the size of toys and being in Andy's backyard through other means than the faux cardboard. One can maintain the overall aesthetic of the land and it not be a bit of a re-hash of the queues.

I have not been to TSL at WDW, yet, no. I have been spending my bills in other DIS parks. I've been to the DSP version (and in a post I even said that at the time I thought, "this is fun") and it is pretty enjoyable for what it is. I suspect I'd think similar of TSL. In both cases, I think one of the company's best franchises could have had a better treatment. Something akin to Radiator Springs.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean, I'm hardly the land's loudest advocate, I certainly think they could have done a little more, but without going down that road, what's there was a nice surprise and enjoyable. Hopefully they address the shade issue ... stanchioned umbrellas help but that's not enough.

It has some flaws for sure. But I like what's there. I think I probably like Swirling Saucers more than most and Slinky Dog was the biggest surprise. A lot of fun. Wish it had more scenes but at the same time, it doesn't detract from the experience. Like everything, it has a lot of pros and cons :)

I mean, most all of us have repeatedly gone over the flaws of the land. They simply don't like the aesthetic, and that's fine, just say "I don't like it" instead of acting like a theme expert and that it's some abomination. (Kind of never thought I'd defend the land, but I've actually you know, been in it lol)

Exactly. TSL definitely had flaws, and it could have used a little more (I've been saying for a while that I think not putting a playground/splash pad here was a big miss), and doesn't have enough shade. But it's *fun*. And better than expected. So in the context of the whole park, it's a net-positve, despite those flaws (unlike Dinorama in AK, which I think is a net-negative, for example).

Maybe Andy’s mom will put in a gazebo.

Well, given that we are all the size of toy, that would have to be one big Gazebo....

mikejs78

Premium Member
You say "you all" but only quote me.....

The statement you quoted was in response to someone who felt that the bulb size of the lights was unimportant. I disagreed.

Now if you are speaking to any of my other posts about the upcoming TS, I simply stated that one could convey the story of being shrunk to the size of toys and being in Andy's backyard through other means than the faux cardboard. One can maintain the overall aesthetic of the land and it not be a bit of a re-hash of the queues.

I have not been to TSL at WDW, yet, no. I have been spending my bills in other DIS parks. I've been to the DSP version (and in a post I even said that at the time I thought, "this is fun") and it is pretty enjoyable for what it is. I suspect I'd think similar of TSL. In both cases, I think one of the company's best franchises could have had a better treatment. Something akin to lines of Radiator Springs.

From what others have said who have been to multiple TSLs, the consensus is that WDW's version is much better than other versions.

Kman101

I won't disagree in the slightest. It absolutely looks better. It still appears to pale in comparison to Carsland (yes, before anyone asks, I've been there).

Of course TSL lacks when comparing to Cars Land ;) :joyfull: Rockwork will always be more impressive than plastic and fake cardboard and kinect toys.

Missing20K

Of course TSL lacks when comparing to Cars Land ;):joyfull: Rockwork will always be more impressive than plastic and fake cardboard and kinect toys.
In both cases, I think one of the company's best franchises could have had a better treatment. Something akin to Radiator Springs.
I wasn't attempting to compare the lands directly. I was using Carsland as the bar to which I feel they should have reached when designing a themed environment based on one of it's most beloved and profitable franchises.

It has nothing to do with rockwork or kinect toys.

Kman101

I wasn't attempting to compare the lands directly. I was using Carsland as the bar to which I feel they should have reached when designing a themed environment based on one of it's most beloved and profitable franchises.

OK.

lazyboy97o

Disney said Toy Story Land would be like Cars Land when the land was first announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom