new rides?

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Michael72688
I love feeding the animals there, but the birds are a pain, I've had them take my fish numerous times

Yeah, they are a big pain... my best advice is to keep the food covered (roll the tray like I mentioned in the othere post), be aware of where the birds are, and if you see one coming, don't dangle the fish out, cover it until the bird's gone. :)

-Kirsten

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Legacy
I personally think Kraken is the best coaster in Florida.

The only expanding SeaWorld Florida will be doing for a while is the Waterfront. That big ol' shopping and resteraunt area around the tower was only Phase 1. That thing is going to end up expanding all around the lagoon, right to the edge of SeaSide Stadium. Once all that is complete we MAY see another big thrill ride coming in on that side of the park, but don't expect anything for at least 5 years.

JUST MY OPINION:

Althought Kraken is a decent coaster....The Hulk and even Dueling Dragons is better then this coaster.........i dunno what it is about it that it does not do anything for me. I miss going on Alpengiest or Apolloa Chariot....SICK COASTERS

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
JUST MY OPINION:

Althought Kraken is a decent coaster....The Hulk and even Dueling Dragons is better then this coaster.........i dunno what it is about it that it does not do anything for me. I miss going on Alpengiest or Apolloa Chariot....SICK COASTERS

Yes!! Man, I remember going on Alpengeist way back on my middle school graduation trip...

Random fact: Alpengeist is essentially the same coaster as the Great White (over at SeaWorld of Texas), just spread over a larger area. :)

-Kirsten

Security

I remember a few years ago I went to Williamsburg with my cousins aunt and uncle and my cousin went on Alpengist and reved about it, but I stayed FAR away from it, as I do now.:( Man I wish I was't such a chicken, I'd be going on the Hulk then!!!:mad:

crazydaveh

I think all the Beer parks have great coasters (minus Scorpion and Python).

Kraken is a great ride. It's fast, smooth, and just fun. Sea World is not IOA, and while I would love to see more rides like Kraken at Sea World, I'd also like to see more animal exhibits!

People forget Wild Artic. I know it's just a simulator, but at least it's something different as a pre show to see the polar bears and other artic animals.

I love going to Sea World. We often leave the Disney or Universal parks if they're too crowded and go to Sea World.

However, if they do put in another thrill ride, I'd expect a river raft ride where animals could be out and about to see while riding...

But i'm happy with the rides they have now, and the free beer!

xfkirsten

I was just in a meeting at work here, and they brought up ouor upscoming version of Journey to Atlantis... sounds like it will be quite different than the one in Florida. Ours will be more roller-coaster-ish (which is pretty plain to see just from looking at it). And it has finally started testing! Yay! Not with guests or Team Members yet, but they are running it. We've also had performers touring the southwest to promote it. :)

-Kirsten

No new rides at SeaWorld in the next couple of years. I heard the same about new Shamu show in 05'. Side note new sit down and one...maybe two new rides at BGT... Also look for an old show to return...of course as always all this may change.

DieHardDisney

Originally posted by TAC
Have you seen the new pictures of "Top Fuel Dragster" at Cedar Point ?

0 - 120 in 4 SECONDS. Top of the coaster is 420 FEET ! :eek: :eek:

Of course, it's only up and over and down, and a slow down loop back to the beginning, but HOLY TIHS !

I'll watch from the ground, thank you! :D

Looks insane, and if I ever get to Sandusky from this place (UK) (fingers crossed :lol: ) I'll be riding front centre (even though its only two seats per row :lol:

BTW its Top Thrill Dragster TAC but no biggie!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyPretty
Kraken is up there with the best roller coasters I have ever been on!

I'm not a fan. Sure, it was fun on the first and second rides, but anymore after that and it's been lousy. I also think it was way too overhyped, because it was the first big coaster to come to Orlando since the Incredible Hulk Coaster came the year before it opened. I've been on many better coasters than Kraken.

crazydaveh

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
I'm not a fan. Sure, it was fun on the first and second rides, but anymore after that and it's been lousy. I also think it was way too overhyped, because it was the first big coaster to come to Orlando since the Incredible Hulk Coaster came the year before it opened. I've been on many better coasters than Kraken.

It is the tallest and only floor-less coaster in the area, which is how they promoted it! I don't know how that can be deemed as overhyped?

It's a great ride! I love it, especially because the lines are never that long... If only they would put another hospitality center near the entrance... sip on your beer and then go for a ride! Can we say clean up in row 6?

AndyP

Originally posted by crazydaveh
It is the tallest and only floor-less coaster in the area, which is how they promoted it! I don't know how that can be deemed as overhyped?

It's a great ride! I love it, especially because the lines are never that long... If only they would put another hospitality center near the entrance... sip on your beer and then go for a ride! Can we say clean up in row 6?

Even if this coaster wasn't floorless I would still love it! But the fact that it is makes it even better. The initial drop is awesome, the best of the coasters in Orlando (the HULK matches it, but the drop is just so different due to the blast). The duelling dragons initial drop is non-comparable. I don't know why but I just feel great when riding Kraken, every turn and loop is exciting as te next!

AndyP

Originally posted by DieHardDisney
The ride is simply awesome, the diving loop at night is absolutely awe inspiring to say just the least, one of my favourite coasters!

Absolutely! This ride is awesome at night, and you get a great view on the climb up, its not to fast and then the little drop at the start before the huge one is a nice warm up, and gives just a little momentum that really makes the first huge drop great!

speck76

I like Kraken, I was actually able to ride on the first train the day it opened to the public (soft opening). If anything though, it seems almost too smooth. I prefer Kumba for, if nothing else, it knocks you around a bit.

After the waterfront is completed, I think SW will probably fix up some of their ailing attractions (the tide pool and aquarium) and if they do add another ride, I think it will be a river rapids ride.

I really like the Sea Lion show, but the same show has been playing for as long as I remember.

Has anyone seen the new show in the Nautilis Theater? I have not yet.

I like the exhibit part of Wild Arctic, but I am not a big fan of that generation of simulator. Also, the last time I went on it, it stopped half way through....what was that about.

Anyway, if yoou have not already, try the frozen Mikes hard lemonade in the hospitality building...yum!

TURKEY

I saw the show at the theatre. It's not a must see, but not a bad thing to do if you're trying to get out of the heat or it's just about showtime as you're walking by.

AndyP

Originally posted by Michael72688
The simulator stopped for me too, they just had us get off, they said it was almost over anyways

Sounds like it needs some serious maintenance. A new ride to replace that simulator would be a great idea. Or the river rapids idea someone posted, that would be real keeping with the park, sounds like a good idea.I also think Seaworld would be great at making this type of attraction, I think they did a great job with Journey to Atlantis!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom