new rides?

bcampione

Original Poster
Do you think SW will be adding any new rides in the next few years? I think they should add another water attraction, and maybe another coaster (Polar or beast themed)

rocketman23

Probably not for awhile. I'd look to BG to get a major thrill ride (not this piddly wild mouse) before SW does again. That's not SW's main focus.

CAPTAIN HOOK

While I would love to see another ride added to SW, its not a coaster type of park. SW is primarily about the rescue and research of sea mammals and the park partly funds that operation. The inclusion of a new ride will not have extra guests passing through the turnstiles just for the ride - it just gives the existing guests something else to do.

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
While I would love to see another ride added to SW, its not a coaster type of park. SW is primarily about the rescue and research of sea mammals and the park partly funds that operation. The inclusion of a new ride will not have extra guests passing through the turnstiles just for the ride - it just gives the existing guests something else to do.

I'd have to disagree on this. I think Journey to Atlantis and Kraken especially brought a lot more people to the park. They also brought a different type of people in, as SeaWorld had never really been seen as a park with thrill-rides. Now thrill-seekers are going there to ride Kraken. It probably isn't a huge increase, but it is an increase nonetheless.

xfkirsten

I'm a long time SeaWorld junkie... I actually work at the San Diego park. I know for sure that they are working on a new Shamu show. Not sure if this is going to be one that plays in all three parks (the Shamu Adventure) but I would assume so. Last date I've heard for a premiere is sometime in 2006.

As for new rides, SeaWorld just doesn't open them as often as other parks. Since SeaWorld puts a heavy emphasis on animal exhibits, there's not as much going on in terms of rides. Here in San Diego, we have our own version of Journey to Atlantis opening in May. From what I can see, it looks quite different than the one in Orlando. In addition, our will have a Commerson's dolphin exhibit integrated into the JTA theming. The commersons here have been backstage for the last few years (since SeaWorld of Ohio closed) and now they will be going into a permanent exhibit... they're little black and white dolphins, sooooo adorable. ;)

-Kirsten

Legacy

I personally think Kraken is the best coaster in Florida.

The only expanding SeaWorld Florida will be doing for a while is the Waterfront. That big ol' shopping and resteraunt area around the tower was only Phase 1. That thing is going to end up expanding all around the lagoon, right to the edge of SeaSide Stadium. Once all that is complete we MAY see another big thrill ride coming in on that side of the park, but don't expect anything for at least 5 years.

Security

I like going to Sea World. Since I'm not a huge thrill ride fan (ie. rollercaosters) I don't have to worry about missing a lot there. Just walking around seeing the exhibits is pretty cool. I just dont like getting attacked by those stupid birds!!! Grr:lol:

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Security
I like going to Sea World. Since I'm not a huge thrill ride fan (ie. rollercaosters) I don't have to worry about missing a lot there. Just walking around seeing the exhibits is pretty cool. I just dont like getting attacked by those stupid birds!!! Grr:lol:

Don't know if Florida has the same policy... but here in CA, if your food is stolen by birds, let a Team Member know and they'll take you over to get your food replaced. :)

-Kirsten

Security

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Don't know if Florida has the same policy... but here in CA, if your food is stolen by birds, let a Team Member know and they'll take you over to get your food replaced. :)

-Kirsten

I'm gunna have to look into that. The last time I was feeding the seal's (those guys are awesome) a stork or something big landed on my shoulder then walked down my arm and ate me fish! I was angry!

xfkirsten

I'm gunna have to look into that. The last time I was feeding the seal's (those guys are awesome) a stork or something big landed on my shoulder then walked down my arm and ate me fish! I was angry!

I'm not sure if the food that you feed the animals (dolphins, rays, seals and sea lions, etc) counts... I know that the food you buy for yourseslf does, though. :) A tip for food at animal feeding pools... when you take the tray of fish, you can kind of fold it over/roll it up in your hand, and that works pretty well for keeping the birds out of it.

-Kirsten

Security

Dolphins and Seals have the same food if I'm not mistaken. The Stingrays have like smaller things kinda like shrimp but it all smells the same. I usually try and roll it up but like I guess that one time I just forgot:lol: .

xfkirsten

Dolphins and Seals have the same food if I'm not mistaken. The Stingrays have like smaller things kinda like shrimp but it all smells the same. I usually try and roll it up but like I guess that one time I just forgot:lol: .

:lol: Yeah, the dolphins and the seals/sea lions both tend to get capelin and silversides from the guests, I believe (and sometimes squid and herring from Animal Care). Whenever I've fed the rays it's been squid. :)

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

lol, thats cool you know the names of the little fishy treats I've often wondered about that lol:lol:

Like I said, SeaWorld junkie and Team Member... ;) :lol: The little almost yellowish ones are the silversides, and the larger, very silver ones are capelin. :)

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom