Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

rle4lunch

well....except for that Navi River Journey thing... Which is pretty...but kinda pointless.

It's definitely missing something. There's no soul to the ride..

BlakeW39

Granted this was under different leadership but didn't one of the reasons Beastly Kingdom didn't come to fruition was because they feared being seen as ripping off Dueling Dragons at Universal Studios?

Expanding dinosaurs may be seen as a poor imitation to the recognizable Jurassic Park/World license.

I know this won't happen unless Joe Rohde drugs IP-loving, themes-be-damned Bob Chapek but I really would love it if they take the land from Dino-Rama land + the Nemo theater and convert that to a smaller version of the Beastly Kingdom concept. They can still do the dragon coaster (especially now that Universal doesn't have one anymore) and the unicorn walkthrough concepts, just make the maze smaller and leave out the Fantasia water ride completely. Dragons and unicorns are still popular and have proven to be quite timeless.

Yes they did in part not build Beastly Kingdom because of this - however this was not entirely the reason it had been put on hold time and time again for numerous reasons - and they were wrong for cancelling BK then. Do you know why? Because Dragons and Unicorns and European mythological beasts are iconic and legendary, and universally loved by the general public; and no one entity has a monopoly on the concept.

You know what are just as universally loved and iconic as are dragons and unicorns?

DINOSAURS.

Everyone loves dinosaurs. They're awe-inspiring, and Jurassic Park does not and should never have a monopoly on a real animal which once walked the earth, that would be popular with or without Jurassic Park.

Now that we have Pandora, BK is not priority. Dinosaurs are. And so since we have fictional beasts covered, prehistoric ones must shift to become our next major focus as they are in no way well and/or properly represented within the park.

Sonconato

Honestly, there's a long, winding walking trail through a patch of woods with fog effects throughout and dinos (most static, some with limited motion, all with sound effects) at the tiny Edaville Railroad park literally about 8 miles from my house that is WAY more enjoyable than Din-o-Rama.
Christmas time at Edaville Railroad... great memories. Even got to take my son before we moved to Florida.

ImperfectPixie

Christmas time at Edaville Railroad... great memories. Even got to take my son before we moved to Florida.
I first went when I was in either kindergarten or 1st grade. It was in danger of being sold and dismantled for many years, but someone swooped in, rescued it, and has been investing in it in a big way! It's got Thomas the Tank Engine full-time now, an entire Thomas-Land with other characters from the show/stories (including Sir Topham Hat), the new dino section (there's a fossil dig area, too), and last I knew they were starting to build a small coaster and a flume ride, as well. My boys have each been 3 times - I understand that they're investing a lot, but $30 per person just to get in adds up for such a small park. Now that our boys are starting to age-out of the Thomas stuff, we're hitting up Canobie Lake Park for a long weekend here and there (and they just added a whole water park, too).

Sonconato

I first went when I was in either kindergarten or 1st grade. It was in danger of being sold and dismantled for many years, but someone swooped in, rescued it, and has been investing in it in a big way! It's got Thomas the Tank Engine full-time now, an entire Thomas-Land with other characters from the show/stories (including Sir Topham Hat), the new dino section (there's a fossil dig area, too), and last I knew they were starting to build a small coaster and a flume ride, as well. My boys have each been 3 times - I understand that they're investing a lot, but $30 per person just to get in adds up for such a small park. Now that our boys are starting to age-out of the Thomas stuff, we're hitting up Canobie Lake Park for a long weekend here and there (and they just added a whole water park, too).
That's great that they're investing in Edaville Railroad. They didn't have Thomas when we went. You really have this old 60 year old going down memory lane! I remember going to Canobie when I was in my teenage years back when it was affordable to go to a Red Sox game during the day and Canobie at night. That's all I'll say before I get in trouble derailing this thread.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Kids loved dinosaurs well before Jurassic Park existed.

Obviously, but where's the monopoly on dinosaur attractions? Jurassic Park/World may be the most known but nobody is stopping Disney from developing a land based on such animals. You can't trademark a dinosaur but you can with the image you've given that creature.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I think he's saying Disney is avoiding using them for a true "dino-land" because they don't want to look like copy-cats...which really would be silly of them.

Then that's not a monopoly, that's just Disney choosing not to go forward with an indepth representation of dinosaurs.

Capsin4

This is true but I don’t see how it’s disqualifying. They’re still bunnies and foxes. Should we toss out the Lion King show because it’s also completely based on human society - animals can’t talk, lions aren’t in charge of all the other animals, and male lions don’t run anything. What about the yeti? Or pandora? Mountains don’t really float. I genuinely don’t understand why one is not okay and the others are except that no one around here seems to like the Zootopia IP.
Think of the message and feel of LK vs zootopia. It’s almost as though a single song from LK makes it work in AK even if there were no other reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom