New Restuarant for Pleasure Island

RPMdfw

Casa Bonita,anyone?

The food was beyond bad, but you couldn't beat the atmosphere for fun!

It'd beat the pants off of Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe, IMHO

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Casa Bonita,anyone?

The food was beyond bad, but you couldn't beat the atmosphere for fun!

It'd beat the pants off of Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe, IMHO
Oh my god! I had no idea that that was a real resturant. I just thought that it was a made up place for the South Park episode.:lol:

welovewdw

omg, we love texas de brazil!!! we were visiting my bro in law during hurricane charlie. i think it was the day after, and my husband's 24th bday and we were looking for somewhere interesting to eat. we saw the fire outside and said "ooh fire, lets eat there!". it was an awesome dining experience!

ImaYoyo

Mexico is such a large and diverse country that the food varies by region GREATLY! What you eat in Monterrey (a very American-city in my opinion) will be VERY different from what you eat in a more Mexican/Modern city like La Ciudad de Mexico, which will differ greatly from resort towns on both coasts, which will differ A LOT from native towns like oaxa.

WDWFigment

I'm just saying I happen to enjoy mexican food. Or Mexican Fusion. And restaurants with Tequila bars and indoor/outdoor seating are great.

Given the poster, I think this is an obvious hint as to what restaurant (or what type) is coming? I'm not up to snuff on my "Mexican Fusion restaurants with tequila bars and in/outdoor seating" can someone help out? (as in, what could it be, if it's a chain?)

t3techcom18

A Mexican place over in PI would be awesome!! I love San Angel Inn as well, but then again, the food itself is sorta eh (being a Latino myself and knowing how the real Mexican food tastes, even though I'm Puerto Rican, haha), and believe it or not, I think the outside Cantina one is much better...:lookaroun ...haha.

On chain brands, Chipotle is okay; it has big portions, good prices, and a high end design decor that I like; only problem is, it feels like I went to Subway cause I ate the food, yet, while it's promoting that it's healthy, just tastes bland. That's what drove me nuts.

I've never been to Tijuana Flats, but they have several here in the Orlando area and I heard from lots of folks that it's their favorite place to eat Mexican food, even if it has a bit of a twinge for more Southwest/Tex Mex stuff.

But even if; unfortunately you can't find real genuine Mexican places that much anymore, to the point where I know of only one that is Orlando, and that's saying a lot...I miss the genuine places...:cry:

danpam1024

Does anybody who's a real fan of Mexican cuisine hate dining at the San Angel Inn and love the Cantina much more like I do? Just kind of shocked that you can't get a burrito or taco at the Inn, which is kind of standard fair at all mexican restaurants.

Last time we ate at San Angel Inn our Margarita's were WARM:hurl: And or meat was stringy, dinner was actually disappionting. :(

Shaman

Totally called it in the other thread! :sohappy::lol:
I'm not a fan of Mexican/Tex-Mex....but variety is good.

awalkinthepark

It's been awhile since I've been out that way...but is Chevy's Fresh Mex still over in that shopping center near PI? I like that restaurant, but seemed to be hurting a little last time I went....

PintoColvig

^^
I was going to mention Chevy's. We love that place. The chips and salsa are awesome. (You can tell a great Tex-Mex place by its chips and salsa. Yes, it's still open at the shopping plaza and has been busy every time we've been there.

awalkinthepark

^^
I was going to mention Chevy's. We love that place. The chips and salsa are awesome. (You can tell a great Tex-Mex place by its chips and salsa. Yes, it's still open at the shopping plaza and has been busy every time we've been there.

I hope that whatever Disney is putting into PI doesn't hurt Chevy's cause I too love their chips and salsa, the sweet corn mushy stuff and the big chicken tortilla bowl salad thing with their homemade ranch dressing....yumyum

wedway71

Does that chain still exist? We had one here in Jacksonville more that 20 years ago but I have not seen one since.

Yep We had Chi-Chis in Ft Lauderdale too-Been about 20 years too since I have been to one.

Have great memories of Dad getting "ripped'' on their Margaritas and my Mom getting mad at him every weekend.

If anyone is in the Ft Myers area try Iquana Mia.
I can honestly say the best Mexican-Tex/Mex place I have ever had.

scpergj

Does that chain still exist? We had one here in Jacksonville more that 20 years ago but I have not seen one since.

I remember eating at one...I think it was off of Arlington Expressway. Now for my fix I go th La Nopalera...the one on 220. Their salsa is amazing!

Kevin

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I remember eating at one...I think it was off of Arlington Expressway. Now for my fix I go th La Nopalera...the one on 220. Their salsa is amazing!

Kevin
That is exactly where it was. I grew up about 3 blocks from that building.

La Nopalera is the bomb. There is a new one on the corner of Baymeadows and Phillips that is just a few blocks from my office that I am at almost weekly.

danpam1024

Have great memories of Dad getting "ripped'' on their Margaritas and my Mom getting mad at him every weekend.

If anyone is in the Ft Myers area try Iquana Mia.
I can honestly say the best Mexican-Tex/Mex place I have ever had.[/QUOTE]

We're in Fort Myers, Iguana Mia is OK, but La Bamba rocks (Naples and Estero). Best margaritas anywhere...I'm sure your dad would approve:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom