New restaurant mask rule

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Where does the new rule “state” that you “wear your mask until your food arrives”? We remove our masks when someone brings water to the table. At that point we’re actively drinking.
It literally doesn't say that.
“Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting, or sitting in dining locations.”

The text can't get clearer than that. If you haven't received your food yet, then you are not actively eating. Therefore, the rule isn't being enforced if cast members aren't telling you to put your mask back on when you haven't received your food yet and you are literally sitting in a dining location.

But yea... Try to act smart. people here try to start arguing over ANYthing these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi84

Premium Member
“Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting, or sitting in dining locations.”

The text can't get clearer than that. If you haven't received your food yet, then you are not actively eating. Therefore, the rule isn't being enforced if cast members aren't telling you to put your mask back on when you haven't received your food yet and you are literally sitting in a dining location.

But yea... Try to act smart. Jesus christ people here try to start arguing over ANYthing these days.
But if you sit down and are served water, is your interpretation of the rule that you can’t take off your mask to drink it until your food arrives? We order wine. Can we drink that or do we have to wait until the food arrives? I get the feeling we’re talking about entirely different dining experiences.

The few people who have actually eaten there since the new rule took effect reported that they took off the masks when seated and put them on when leaving. I’m not trying to argue but your interpretation of the rule seems stricter than Disney’s. That happens all the time on these sites.

If Disney interpreted/enforced its rules the way people here interpret them or would have them enforced, it would have gone out of business years ago.

donaldtoo

At that point we’re actively drinking.

This whole thread has me “actively drinking”...!!!!! :D :hilarious:;)

6C06B2AD-96F5-4F98-8569-5364CAEFF6B9.gif

StarWarsGirl

....BAHAHHA!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm one of the folks that don't care. I went to Universal the day after it reopened, and Disney in August. But by all means it is NOT the safest thing you can do.

Safest things you can do list: 1). Stay home. 2). Order grocery delivery instead of going out to get it yourself. 3). Do school online.

The list can go on and theme parks would probably rank at about #73 on a list of safest things you can do during this pandemic.
There's been absolutely no cases of CoVid traced back to amusement parks whatsoever. Between the standards of cleanliness, being outside, and mask wearing, yes it is a safer activity.

And no, the isolation is not at all safe. Maybe from the virus, but it's not good at all for your mental health. I work from home, but that's not an option for a lot of people, which when they can't work, leads to poverty.

There are more layers to this pandemic than just getting sick.

JoeCamel

I don’t think it is. Disney changed the wording of their mask policy as it applies to dining and people are asking for information on how it will affect their dining experiences on upcoming trips. That’s what this site is for, in my opinion.

I have my doubts about the OP's motivation (new account distorting rule with same argument made by another new account in another thread) for starting this thread.
This whole thread has me “actively drinking”...!!!!! :D :hilarious:;)

View attachment 537856
Tomorrow, I have a scan in the morning....

JoeCamel

There's been absolutely no cases of CoVid traced back to amusement parks whatsoever. Between the standards of cleanliness, being outside, and mask wearing, yes it is a safer activity.

And no, the isolation is not at all safe. Maybe from the virus, but it's not good at all for your mental health. I work from home, but that's not an option for a lot of people, which when they can't work, leads to poverty.

I'll only address your first statement.
There is no effective tracing or testing to show IF cases were transmitted in theme parks. Just because someone didn't come up with a smoking gun does not mean it does not happen. There is no magic bubble around theme parks, no matter what measures they take short of closing the doors brings enough contacts that it is nonsensical to think no transmission has ever happened, rationally you can be pretty certain that it has and does.
You are right that no one has proven it but that is because no one is looking for the smoking gun.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

There are zero cast members and zero restaurants and zero managers who are interpreting the policy to mean "put your mask on in between your entree and your desert," because that's not what Disney intended.

This is NOT an example of CMs going against official policy. It's an example of the official policy not meaning what people on the Internet claim it means.
The point was about CM's who choose to not confront guests. Not about wearing masks between served items. CM's vary what they enforce all the time. Theres no consistency so some guests get away with things that other guests get pounced on.

Wellhello

Original Poster
I have my doubts about the OP's motivation (new account distorting rule with same argument made by another new account in another thread) for starting this thread.

Tomorrow, I have a scan in the morning....
My “motivation” for asking, what I would consider to be a pretty stupid question, is that I’m not going to drop thousands of dollars on a vacation where I can’t even enjoy a meal without dealing with this mask nonsense. My interpretation of activity eating or drinking means sitting stationary at a table for the duration of my meal. However, the response to covid seems to have brought out the most unrealistic expectations and rules regarding masks (for example where I live, I cannot go to the beach, walk around in a city park, or even city streets without a mask on). So unfortunately, nothing with mask policies in general surprise me anymore 🙄.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There's been absolutely no cases of CoVid traced back to amusement parks whatsoever.
You can’t trace a sickness back to Disney World because the folks who go to Disney are the same folks who go to literally every other public space as well.

And no, the isolation is not at all safe. Maybe from the virus, but it's not good at all for your mental health.

We aren’t talking about mental health. We’re talking about COVID. So all of this is irrelevant except for the part you said I’m right on. Lol.

Finally something we can agree on. :)

hismattjesty

Easiest way to answer this? Call Disney. A guest services representative, as well as a supervisor both told me that your mask must be worn until you are seated. Once seated, your mask can be removed until such time as your party leaves the restaurant. Masks must again be worn when leaving your table (for the restroom), and then may be removed again once re-seated at your table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom