New Resort TV channels

dsdmbU2

This is all well and good but how much television do you watch at WDW?! Nothing in the a.m. If we return to the room pre or post swimming then maybe we'll have it on for a short time getting ready for dinner, etc. The most we watch is after the parks in the p.m. Mostly getting scores for that evening's games. But I guess more is better.

andrewilley

We stayed at the Poly Feb 20 - 23 before moving to the Grand and none of those channels were offered at either resort.

I think the roll-out must have been delayed. The latest info I've seen is that the expanded in-room TV channel list roll-out will start at Port Orleans on 13 March, and then the other resorts will gradually get done over the following two months. It does seem odd not to start with the deluxes and move down though (the Poly was mentioned as 26 April for example). The usual "subject to change", "unforseen issues", "I may be talking rubbish", etc. disclaimers apply.

Andre

vjgraham

Organizations that broadcast television signals for public viewing have to pay hefty fees to the cable companies and networks to do so. Your doctor has to pay extra if he has a TV in his waiting room.

Disney has thousands of hotel rooms, each with a TV. Yes, they're getting a bulk discount on the channels and rights to re-broadcast, but it still costs them a small fortune. This is why, at least until now, the majority of the channels were from networks owned by TWDC (ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel, etc).

If they're going to invest in something at the resorts, I'd personally rather it be free WiFi service and upgrades to other amenities, than by adding more channels to the TV lineup.

Free wi-fi is at all resorts now.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom