New Resort TV channels

wdwfan22

I got this from Disney. It was from the Polynesian and I put it in my news article in early January.

Enhancements to the Polynesian in-room cable TV lineup are coming Friday, January 13. In addition to our current channels, guests will have access to:

· Fox News

· Bravo

· AMC

· National Geographic

· TBS &TNT

· Travel Channel

· WE tv

· Syfy

· Discovery

· Bio

· HGTV

· TLC

· History

· Food Network

· TV Land

For a complete listing of available programming turn to Channel 17.

We stayed at the Poly Feb 20 - 23 before moving to the Grand and none of those channels were offered at either resort.

Tigger#1

Do they still have the channel that shows all the old Disney cartoons? I remember it from a trip in 2007, but wasn't able to find it (at Coronado Springs) in 2009.

Had it at the fort last year.
I love that Chanel but it drives DW crazy. All the other crap I can see at home but old Disney cartoons 24-7 that's awesome.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
I just had wished they would have added HD service too. All those LG Panels running in SD just look so awful.

Side Note: Alright Fox News about time. Can not get enough Megan Kelly :D

Tom

Beta Return
Any idea why they removed it from the room channel lineup? They still broadcast it (in the lobbies), so it can't be a cost-saving measure.

I'm guessing they ran that channel from in-house and are just cutting back those types of operations, since it costs a lot of money to maintain a television channel, even if it's just a loop.

I've asked, and never gotten an answer that made any sense. One CM told me the new types of TV's couldn't get that station in. That was obviously nonsense. My guess is, they want people in their room for as little time as possible.

Yes, they do want you in your room as little as possible, which makes it even more strange that they're adding channels to the line-up.

Side Note: Alright Fox News about time. Can not get enough Megan Kelly :D

YES!

Foolish Mortal

Good to hear. Wonder what changed their minds ? I'm sure even hotels/resorts have to pay to carry channels just like cable/satelite providers. Anyone ?

R W B

As long as I have my ESPN channels I'm happy.

I know those are never going anywhere since Disney owns ESPN!!!

vjgraham

Really good to hear, for our next trip in May. We don't watch too much tv in the rooms but it would be nice to have more options, especially winding down before bed time.:)

Rasvar

The Weather Channel is the most important channel to me when at Disney. Especially when I am in the camper.

jmcdougall

our family travels with my 85 year old mother. she spends alot of time in the room and always dreads the channels at disney. i think with the cost of everything there they could provide decent service. not everyone spends 16 hours per day in the parks and we do enjoy staying on disney property.

Tom

Beta Return
our family travels with my 85 year old mother. she spends alot of time in the room and always dreads the channels at disney. i think with the cost of everything there they could provide decent service. not everyone spends 16 hours per day in the parks and we do enjoy staying on disney property.

Organizations that broadcast television signals for public viewing have to pay hefty fees to the cable companies and networks to do so. Your doctor has to pay extra if he has a TV in his waiting room.

Disney has thousands of hotel rooms, each with a TV. Yes, they're getting a bulk discount on the channels and rights to re-broadcast, but it still costs them a small fortune. This is why, at least until now, the majority of the channels were from networks owned by TWDC (ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel, etc).

If they're going to invest in something at the resorts, I'd personally rather it be free WiFi service and upgrades to other amenities, than by adding more channels to the TV lineup.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Ya know, I was gonna say the same thing ...

~But who watches TV when they ride Space Mountain 54 times in a week?~

I don't know about you but if I rode space mountain 54 times in a week not only would my spirit be broken but so would my back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom