New Resort Commercial

PurpleDragon

nickcarraway said:
Dude, I totally forgot to post Disney's evasive reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The room in the commercial is only a representation of our Disney themed rooms and the external view
is of Disney's All Star Music Resort. All of our resorts provide a magical Disney experience with
various amenities and themes catered to each resort guest.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence."
OMG that is awful!! How misleading. I'm sure they have had hundreds of calls of people wanting a room exactly like the one in the commercial. Why would you advertise a resort that does not exist? yes they show an external view of AS Music, but the commercial makes it look as if the rooms at the AS Music look like that. I'm sure they will have a large group of very unhappy guests based on that commercial.

LOL!!:lol: I can hear it now, people at the checkin desk at the AS Music:

"Where is the big mural? I paid $55 a night to get a room with the mural and the close up view of the castle. What the heck is up with that boring room you've stuck me with? I can't see anything but the parking lot, and I don't even have a balcony. I want my money back!"

How sad!!:rolleyes:

OliveMcFly

This is also like WDW using DL images to advertise WDW. Any WDW fan could see the difference. What is up with the new way of advertising?

bhg469

DisneyGrl85 said:
This is also like WDW using DL images to advertise WDW. Any WDW fan could see the difference. What is up with the new way of advertising?

Totally?! Dont they have any morals? i am never going to stay there again... :lookaroun OK! i take it back i will still go there but I'm still angry that the room doesnt exist. Their response sounded like it has been brought up before. I wonder how many people called and emailed about the room just to find out it never existed.

OliveMcFly

Am I crazy to say this is false advertisment? That's against the law correct? Free vacations for all because we all want the room that doesn't exsist!

PurpleDragon

DisneyGrl85 said:
It an old con-artist tactic called the "Bait and switch" :eek:
They show inviting images to con the consumer into paying the requested price, then they stick the consumer in a more realistic yet less attractive, value resort.

OliveMcFly

PurpleDragon - It an old con-artist tactic called the "Bait and switch"
They show inviting images to con the consumer into paying the requested price, then they stick the consumer in a more realistic yet less attractive, value resort.

Eep! Shame on you WDW!

PurpleDragon

bhg469 said:
I wonder how many people called and emailed about the room just to find out it never existed.
Call from a Disney Value resort room to the front desk

CM: "Front Desk! How may I help you"
Guest: "Where is the big mural?"
CM: "Excuse me sir?"
Guest: "I paid $55 a night to get a room with the mural and the close up view of the castle. What the heck is up with this boring room you've stuck me with? "
CM: "Sir that is a standard value resort room"
Guest: "I can't see anything but the parking lot, and I don't even have a balcony for cryin out loud."
CM: "Sir our value resort rooms do not offer a balcony, but if you would like a pool view I can see about moving you to a different room. However you would have to waive the $55 deal for our normal room rate of $99."
Guest: "What??? This is rediculous!! Thats false advertising, I want my money back"
CM: "Certianly sir! However it will cost you a fee of $40 for canceling your reservation less than 48 hours before check-in"
Guest: "What??? I'm not paying that, I'll see you in court."
CM: "Okay sir. Thank you and have a wonderful day here in Walt Disney World"

:rolleyes: :lol:

DisneyGrl85 said:
What if I were to call WDW reservations and request the exact room shown in the commercial?! I wonder what they would say. I have never even seen any kind of room like that anywhere in WDW. So it does actually exist?
BTW: The lamps are also in the Grand Floridian rooms and if I'm correct there is an option to purchase them. I can't remember the price.
1 Million Dollars :drevil:

nickcarraway said:
Dude, I totally forgot to post Disney's evasive reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The room in the commercial is only a representation of our Disney themed rooms and the external view
is of Disney's All Star Music Resort. All of our resorts provide a magical Disney experience with
various amenities and themes catered to each resort guest.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence."
>_> and the castle just "MAGICALLY" appeared in the commercial? :rolleyes:

bhg469

DisneyGrl85 said:
Am I crazy to say this is false advertisment? That's against the law correct? Free vacations for all because we all want the room that doesn't exsist!

you said it, but they will probably force all 500 people who complain to share a single room.

Shotgun bed!

PurpleDragon

bhg469 said:
you said it, but they will probably force all 500 people who complain to share a single room.

Shotgun bed!
I call the other bed! :p There were 2 doubles in the room in the commercial right?:lookaroun :lol:

PurpleDragon

Don L Duck said:
I am confused where in the commercial does it state that the particular room in question even exists? :veryconfu
They need to!! Otherwise it could be chalked up as false advertising!! The way the commercial is setup it gives you the false impression that the rooms in AS Music actually look like that. Which is wrong in so many ways!!

If they were being truthful about their advertising, they would show an actual resort room, as many hotel chains do in their advertising. As opposed to the fake set they created for the commercial. What does that achieve but to put false information out there for the consumer?

nickcarraway

Don't you people understand what a "representation" is? It's a journey into our imaginations of what the perfect room would look like for $55 a night.

PurpleDragon

nickcarraway said:
Don't you people understand what a "representation" is? It's a journey into our imaginations of what the perfect room would look like for $55 a night.
Maybe they should put that room into the JIYI pavillion for us to all cram into!! Heck anything is better than the current JIYI ride version they have in there!!:lol:

cuteazabutton74

stitchlvr said:
I have only seen this commercial once, and was not taping it at the time...but my husbands remark was that it sounded like they were implying the parks are open early 1 hour for resort guests, but doesn't clarify that only one is open early at a time...did anyone catch if there was fine print for that as well? It did seem misleading...and I too noticed the mural and wondered what resort that was from. I'd love to stay there for $55 a night!!
Only one park opens 1 hour early each day. I do know that on Sat is MGM & Wed is EPCOT. I think EPCOT is only opened once a week. The rest may have two days. I cannot remember but if you want me to I can look it up for you. Just let me know. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Cary

Yellow Shoes

OK, class, pay attention now.

There is a very easy way to remember what resort is the Early Entry one.

Remember this:
MADE MAD

Magic Kingdom -- Sunday
Animal Kingdom -- Monday
Disney Studios -- Tuesday
Epcot -- Wednesday
Magic Kingdom -- Thursday
Animal Kingdom -- Friday
Disney Studios -- Saturday

...everyone please take out a half sheet of paper for the quiz...

WDWScottieBoy

Don L Duck said:
I am confused where in the commercial does it state that the particular room in question even exists? :veryconfu

I'm the type that loves to read the small print during commercials and in ads...and this commercial says nowhere that this room/view does not exist in any resort. But look at it this way, where does it say in any fast food restaurant "Burger does not actually look like this!"...nowhere. I guess they do it because they can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom