New race to be announced in April

Figment82

Someone on FB had mentioned the idea of a Hercules-themed race. I think it would be a perfect idea - with the whole "go the distance" motif. The medal could even be a replica of Hercules' medallion.

I'm female, but am turned off by the princess and Tink themes. I'm not a "girly girl" in the slightest (I can't even stand the color pink). To me, the races are a tad stereotypical, but I get that a lot of women like that. There are plenty of other races at Disney for everyone to enjoy. My boyfriend did start joking about getting Tink wings and wearing them during the race - which would make it a little worth it. :)

stranger

send us a picture in that Tinkerbell shirt, will ya? :cool: :wave:

that is my second complaint - this January race will keep you in California instead of coming back to Florida to run the WDW Half. :cry:

Take up Gary’s offer…and I’ll supply you your wings. :goodnevil

And it's not our fault you've got those bumps messing up the look of an otherwise great shirt.:lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

Cool, did not mean to offend or anything...I was genuinely curious. Will you report back? :wave:

If I remember, and I’m sure I’ll have Wilt Dasney to remind me. :) I know you didn’t mean to offend, and I do have one advantage over most of you... Disneyland is only a 40 min drive away. LOL

Hey now, that's not necessary! :confused:

I'll gladly lend you my tiara to go with your tights, you A$$.

MKCP 1985

One of the complaints about the Tinker Bell half marathon has been that for any men who register, they will only get women's shirts. That appears to not be the case.

The following is a quote from an e-mail received this week from Katie Broadwell at runDisney:

"This race was created as a West Coast compliment to our very successful Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in Florida. While both of these races celebrate women, they are open to everyone and we encourage men to participate. In fact, hundreds of men run the Princess Half Marathon every year and we anticipate the same will be the case for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. All participants receive the same amenities, including a goody bag, race shirt (in men’s and women’s cuts) and a finisher’s medal.

As we have seen many runners dressed like frogs, “Prince Charming”, and of course princesses run our Princess Half Marathon, we anticipate there will be quite a few runners dressed like Peter Pan and Captain Hook, in addition to plenty of Tinker Bells running through the streets of Anaheim, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.

With the introduction of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon on the West Coast, it also provides runners an additional chance to get the coveted Coast-to-Coast Medal by running the Walt Disney World Marathon or any of the Walt Disney World Half-Marathons and either one of the Disneyland Half-Marathons in the same calendar year.
"

This might be good news to some who want that coast to coast medal. :wave:

Now, Roxxy . . . what was that you were saying about a tight A$$? :cool: :wave: ;)

dreamfinder

Original Poster
The following is a quote from an e-mail received this week from Katie Broadwell at runDisney:

"This race was created as a West Coast compliment to our very successful Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in Florida. While both of these races celebrate women, they are open to everyone and we encourage men to participate. In fact, hundreds of men run the Princess Half Marathon every year and we anticipate the same will be the case for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. All participants receive the same amenities, including a goody bag, race shirt (in men’s and women’s cuts) and a finisher’s medal.
nt that coast to coast medal. :wave:

Which is interesting as the event site itself still indicates womens shirts only.

MKCP 1985

Which is interesting as the event site itself still indicates womens shirts only.

:shrug: Who knows? :shrug:

They seem happy - lots of people are signing up so from their point of view, the marketing was a success.

Probably going to look for a race where I'm not expected to wear a costume to fit in. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom