New Queue Configuration For Test Track

MicBat

Original Poster
Because the original Fast Pass line had more space than the Standby line, the two lines at Test Track have been switched. Where Standby used to enter the building all the way to the left, Fastpass enters and where Fastpass used to enter houses the standby line. Sort of hard to explain. I'll have pictures tomorrow or the next day.

tigger248

That is great news! Hopefully now this will help to keep the standby line from always being out into the parks.

dxwwf3

MicBat said:
Because the original Fast Pass line had more space than the Standby line, the two lines at Test Track have been switched. Where Standby used to enter the building all the way to the left, Fastpass enters and where Fastpass used to enter houses the standby line. Sort of hard to explain. I'll have pictures tomorrow or the next day.

Also the Single Rider Line enters Briefing Room one now. Which changes the final queues around a bit. At least that's how it was during my trip in June. They change things around at Test Track monthly :lol:

surfsupdon

I wish they would organize and change the mess that occurs during crowded times outside. Use the large space to the left of the building, but still allow space for emergency vehicles and evacuation. It's just such a mess, and the disorganization dicourages me from even heading over in the TT direction. Ugh.

goofyguy

MicBat said:

Hey! You beat me to it. I was just getting on here to post that.

And dxwwf3, the Single rider line still goes to Briefing Room 3 (or at least it did as of yesterday). I just finished a temporary assignment last night where I spent 8 hours counting the people going through the Single Rider and Fastpass lines, so believe me, I know.

WDWRLD

Yes the lines at TT were messed up, In past trips Me and my wife have always used single rider lines so we always bypassed the standby line. This last trip July 16-26 my 4 year old decided TT was his new favorite ride. Needless to say the fastpass we kept getting at lunchtime for dinner time was not enough so we ended up in the standby line more than once. each time we stood in the 90 min line in the hot sun all along looking into the nice air conditioned building with all the empty tyrnstyle lines I didnt understand why they didnt have the line inside rather than outside in the heat? Space Mountain does the same thing, The standby line goes out the front of the building but inside the line goes straight into the ride when you get to "Mission controll" all those air conditioned turnstyle lines empty.

AndyP

Finally a move regarding queues that makes some sense! Longer line for the standby is always going to be more practical.

wannab@dis

I never understood why the attractions spilled out into the heat while the wrap-a-rounds stayed chained up and empty. Space Mtn is the perfect example.

phlydude

Splash moved their merge point so that Stand-by has to stay outside longer.

They want you outside in the heat so you buy their $2.50 sodas!

wannab@dis

phlydude said:

'Tis a shame, but true!

Next thing we'll see is beverage stands strategically located within the queue. :lookaroun

Chape19714

phlydude said:

why would they want to make you buy soda if the price is 2.00 now, instead of 2.50, or did that promotion end? lol.

I hate the merge point for Splash now, it drives me nuts! hope they change it back for the off season.

I'd been hoping they switched the lines for TT for years now. good thing they changed it, i don't understand why single rider is going into room 3. I can't wait to see pictures. Test Track does seem to change around alot.

dxwwf3

goofyguy said:
And dxwwf3, the Single rider line still goes to Briefing Room 3 (or at least it did as of yesterday). I just finished a temporary assignment last night where I spent 8 hours counting the people going through the Single Rider and Fastpass lines, so believe me, I know.

When did they change it back?

phlydude

Chape19714 said:
why would they want to make you buy soda if the price is 2.00 now, instead of 2.50, or did that promotion end? lol.

Oh no, that promotion is over and won't be back!!

flyersmv

TT is a mess and there really isnt to much they can do to fix it....no single rider line should be a 45 min wait and thats what it was last time i was there thats just insane

Shaman

Thanks for the update...the queue change was definetely needed...

I remember orginally the whole queue was used and on most days no lines spilled outside...why did that change? Was it because of FastPass?

RSoxNo1

Short of completely changing the size of the vehicles for Test Track, I don't see how any of this really helps disney control the crowds in the slowest moving line on it's property. Unless they close the ride for a major renovation, a renovation that would allow for two lanes on the loop the capacity for this ride will always be well below the demand for it.

raven

Thanks Jonnie! I always thought it was a little strange for standby users to see less than the fastpass users. I still remember going through a side door as a single rider then walking in behind the preshow rooms to get to the ride. That was a little odd, but then again it saved time. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its about time. On our last visit (01) we thought the intricate queue area was wasted as Fastpassers just ran thru it to the holding area, and those with a wait looked at... palm trees!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom