New Poster Here

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
Oh boy, that is going to be a lot of days of asking! Then once you get home all you will hear is "When are we going back, Dad?" :)

Make sure you make your dining reservations at 180 days out. I have a month before I need to make mine so you're probably about 3 weeks away from needing to make yours. We booked already even though discounts are not out, they can apply the discounts to your room you just need to call when the time comes. I wanted to have the room booked so that I can make my dining reservations all at once. I suggest doing this if you can.

Yup we are flying. It will be the kids first time flying. I am very nervous about that! So jealous you live so close! We bought tickets last week and we will be arriving at MCO around 3:30pm, so I am hoping to be at the Boardwalk by 5:30. We are taking the Magical Express from the airport. Then it is off to Beaches & Cream for a quick dinner, a first for us, and Epcot for a short evening.

Have you ordered the planning DVD from the Disney World site? That would give your kids a great look in to what they are in for, and get them excited.

Wow I didn't think you had to make dining reservations that far out. Is that just for dinner or breakfast and lunch too.

As far as booking, I might as well wait 1 more month when the package rates come out. All I can do is book a room right now. Also I can't make dining reservations yet anyway so I'm gonna have to wait on that too.

Now I'm doing everything online, so just curious if its better to call or do both because the online booking is very convinient.

Another thing we did is applied for a disney Visa card. I have a high enough limit for the whole trip and I plan on putting the whole thing on there and paying it off when I get back that way I get some disney perks. Just wondering if you have tried that.

Spikerdink

Welcome to the Boards!!

As for the Disney Visa, the best perk I have found is the free 5x7 photo with characters that is available at Innoventions in Epcot. You get a private session with Mickey, Goofy, Minnie or some variation thereof...get a pic, take some pics...then go to the Camera spot on the way out of the park and get your free photo! Best of all, go back again the next day and get another one!

LizC

Yes you can make you reservations as far as 180 days out. Of course not all restaurants will book up, but many will. Mostly popular ones like Le Celier, Be Our Guest, Ohana, and the meals with characters. The benefit of having a room booked at 180 days is that you can then make all you reservations for the entire trip on that 180 day mark.

Of course you do not NEED to make resrvations. Although, I'm sure most people on this site would recommend it. There are many restaurants that will not book up, especially in the hotels. Plus of course they have lots of quick service options. You can make reservations for all meals, although I usually do just one a day.

You can hook your room now over the phone. I always do this as I find it easier so speak with someone to put in any special requests. You will still have all of your info available online, and you will be able to make payments online if you choose.

Hopefully I have not overwhelmed you. No matter what you do, you will have a wonderful time!

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
Welcome to the Boards!!

As for the Disney Visa, the best perk I have found is the free 5x7 photo with characters that is available at Innoventions in Epcot. You get a private session with Mickey, Goofy, Minnie or some variation thereof...get a pic, take some pics...then go to the Camera spot on the way out of the park and get your free photo! Best of all, go back again the next day and get another one!

You get reward points too that you can save up and use for stuff. I think you also get 10% discount on select disney merchandise. It's just a little bit but heck it's 0% for 6 months so its better than just paying with cash IMO.

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
Yes you can make you reservations as far as 180 days out. Of course not all restaurants will book up, but many will. Mostly popular ones like Le Celier, Be Our Guest, Ohana, and the meals with characters. The benefit of having a room booked at 180 days is that you can then make all you reservations for the entire trip on that 180 day mark.

Of course you do not NEED to make resrvations. Although, I'm sure most people on this site would recommend it. There are many restaurants that will not book up, especially in the hotels. Plus of course they have lots of quick service options.

You can hook your room now over the phone. I always do this as I find it easier so speak with someone to put in any special requests. You will still have all of your info available online, and you will be able to make payments online if you choose.

I'm probably gonna sit down and book a dinner reservation for each night but for breakfast and lunch I might just wing it and get what's available. Getting pumped up for the trip now from talking to all of you.

Spikerdink

If you use the card a lot from now until December you will get a fair amount of Disney dollars (not sure how you plan to use the card...), but if you plan on putting your trip on the card (assuming that all charges are incurred in January when you go), the Disney dollars won't be available until the next month or so....

Either way, the Disney Visa is a great card! The discount doesn't hurt for merchandise that's for sure!

ratherbeinwdw

Been looking for a good Disney forum and I think Ive found it. I love everything Disney and now I have a place where I can share my love for Disney with other people that love it as well. I'm a 25 year old husband and father of two. Ive been to Disney World twice and I can truly say that the place is magical. It has been 8 years for me, and now that I have two daughters I am ready to return and experience the magic through their eyes. My wife has also never been so Im excited to take her and watch her reaction to it all, and we have planned to go in late January 2014. I know you guys don't really care to hear about all that but I'm excited to have some good discussion with all of you and to maybe get some tips from those who have went recently. Anyways, its nice to be here and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Welcome. Glad to have you join us.
Just a note-- you don't have to have your resort reservation to make your dining reservations. You can do those at 180 days out. I strongly recommend Crystal Palace for an early breakfast. And, remember that Florida, like the rest of the world, can have strange weather. We've been around that time when it was very warm during the day, and we've been when we froze our bottoms off. Be prepared for both. Just watch the Orlando weather the week before, to have a good idea what you need to pack. I have Orlando as my default weather on my homepage.
You have lots of time to read old posts. There's not much you can't find on this forum.

rsoxguy

Welcome to the forum. Employees are required to wash hands before exiting.

The Red Sox won their weekend series against the Blue Jays and continue to maintain a solid lead in the AL East, in case you were wondering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom