New post show at Test Track - EPCOT

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Hey yall! I went to EPCOT yesterday and saw that they finally took down the construction walls that was around the old Fuel for Thought display and revealed some new interactive areas where the 'corn fuel' stuff was.

Here's the construction walls that had been up for quite a while - It's always great to speculate what they are going to do:
2815918888_6257fa5b22.jpg

Here's the old 'corny' display that was along the left wall:

2375680936_c3df882911.jpg

And here's what replaced the above display - it's got interactive touch-screens.

3015340461_1ddf95356c.jpg

And here is a close-up of one of the screens:

3015384501_4e19db5739.jpg

I'm very pleased with what they have done here....I kind of miss the "corn camo" :lol::lookaroun but this looks a lot more "EPCOT" to me.

hardcard

Nifty! We'll have to run over and check it out soon! The walls have been there for a while.. I guess it took a LOT of effort to retheme the area and remove the Dreamchasers..

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Here's some more pictures for comparison. The new display is much less cluttered and they removed one of the tall displays that was blocking view of the screen from the walk-up area:

Here is the old display:

2374825805_338453970b.jpg

And here is the new one with the screen in full view:

3015401839_8db74d7867.jpg

3015362699_4aa042880b.jpg

jt04

Are the touch screens actually round and go out to the edges? Also, are those neon lights mounted in a sort of infinity mirror effect behind the touch screens? Do the lights animate or change colors? Much improved from what was there.:)

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Are the touch screens actually round and go out to the edges? Also, are those neon lights mounted in a sort of infinity mirror effect behind the touch screens? Do the lights animate or change colors? Much improved from what was there.:)

No - here is another shot of the touch screens - they are the typical square shape with a frame around it. You can see the screws that go through the frame to mount it.

3015379107_f7f57a4fe6.jpg

I must confess I don't know if the lights color change. :eek: I can only retain so much information after a long day and night at Food & Wine Fest. :lol: I am struggling to remember the entire day....:lookaroun:lol:

I am really excited about this new display area that they have created. It's well put together and visually pleasing. It was hard for me to take pictures that didn't have people in them because there were folks entering the display and playing the games. There's a lot to touch and check out, and it's pretty enticing.

I'm not sure if this is new or was already there but here are some pics of the other displays in front of the big chassis model.

3015373653_b8423ef5e3.jpg

3016226276_bf88ba1d49.jpg

3015356437_241cd1f8e0.jpg

3015335591_37b37de5da.jpg

EpcotServo

:eek:

Does anyone else see the little nod they gave to that car you used to see in Transcenter!?

Awwwwwwwww....:eek::eek::sohappy:

Sorry, I just think it looks like generic future car, I don't think they were going with any particular design.

:shrug:

I think it looks more like a lightcycle than anything.
:lol::lookaroun

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Hopefully Disney has learned that ethanol from corn isn't the answer.

That was the reason they re-did the post show. They got rid of most of the references to using ethanol from corn. Now, instead of walking up a ramp past a panoramic view of a corn field, you have to use the ramp on the other side of the scene. There's a big blue wall up on the left now.

hpyhnt 1000

Interesting development there. i'd forgot that that area had been walled off for some time now. :lookaroun Good to see its open, and while the display looks interesting, I still wonder if anyone will even bother with it...

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Interesting development there. i'd forgot that that area had been walled off for some time now. :lookaroun Good to see its open, and while the display looks interesting, I still wonder if anyone will even bother with it...

Yeah, it is cool and has some neat stuff to look at. :sohappy:

Spyne

I remember seeing these construction walls when I went in September. Good to see it turned into something that looks great! It definitely fits with the rest of the area. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom