News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But as long as you keep it you can use points around? So basically your locked in?
…hence degrading the value.

They knew what they were doing (stupid…but knew)

They didn’t want a dump onto the resale market when people realized the building sucks and so does caribbean.

Skyliner is nice though

lewisc

When people knew how to walk 🤣

Lowes also just does hotels better? Express aside.
Disney doesn't have a problem with guests starting their day with a long walk from their cars to security. A long walkway from the Poly to the MK is the solution to monorail issues.

Lowes restored housekeeping before Disney. Signature restaurants at Universal are better then Disney

UNCgolf

Before the rise of the ECV. Where do we think the Port Orléans tower(s) is going?

I assume it would go at Riverside on the outskirts. Tear down some of buildings that are furthest away from the pool/lobby. Although Riverside is designed pretty well -- even the outermost buildings aren't more than about a 5 minute walk from the pool and maybe a couple minutes more to the lobby/food court. It's not like Caribbean Beach where some of the buildings are 15+ minutes away from central area.

A tower anywhere near Riverside is going to ruin sight lines, though, because it will tower over the tree line and be visible from basically everywhere.

castlecake2.0

I assume it would go at Riverside on the outskirts. Tear down some of buildings that are furthest away from the pool/lobby. Although Riverside is designed pretty well -- even the outermost buildings aren't more than about a 5 minute walk from the pool and maybe a couple minutes more to the lobby/food court. It's not like Caribbean Beach where some of the buildings are 15+ minutes away from central area.

A tower anywhere near Riverside is going to ruin sight lines, though, because it will tower over the tree line and be visible from basically everywhere.
I am very curious to see what the fate of CBR is long term, if they continued to chip away at it and add towers there I wouldn’t be opposed. They ruined the whole look and feel with the Rivera anyways. Also the layout is a mess now. The entrance area is nowhere even near the lobby. Also curious that they rebuilt the whole lobby area and haven’t done anything at all to the rooms. Hmmmm

UNCgolf

I am very curious to see what the fate of CBR is long term, if they continued to chip away at it and add towers there I wouldn’t be opposed. They ruined the whole look and feel with the Rivera anyways. Also the layout is a mess now. The entrance area is nowhere even near the lobby. Also curious that they rebuilt the whole lobby area and haven’t done anything at all to the rooms. Hmmmm

It would be nice if they turned it into the DVC tower resort and left everything else alone.

peter11435

I’m not sure PO is a prime candidate for DVC. They have yet to make the jump to DVC at moderate properties. So unless they plan to go the riviera route and make it technically it’s own new resort I don’t see it happening. The tower at CSR is not DVC and was needed for convention guests, not something PO has to deal with.

Yacht Club, further expansion at Poly/GF, BLT south, and EPCOT main entrance are all more likely.

Patcheslee

As a CM I can’t tell you how often I heard this when asking how a guests vacation is so far. A lot of guests do not care for the campus style layouts at all.
We're one of the few families that like the layout (once we quit getting lost in the dark). It was easier to find a quiet spot after the parks to relax. Tower hotels always feel cramped in public areas to me. Maybe it has to do with living in a generally small town and what I'm use to.

ToTBellHop

POFQ is already city themed. Just build taller, no problem!
1647445638102.jpeg

Ta-da!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom