News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Although not happy with the current design on the outside, I am liking the idea of how this might create a more exciting walk along the seven seas lagoon. Leaving MK you have a really nice stroll with shopping and dining options along the way if this adds ground level dining options. Almost like a Boardwalk vibe. I could get on board with that. However I still think the outside does a total disservice to its setting.

That's never been the atmosphere of SSL, nor should it be. It should be peaceful and serene as it has been for 50 years. It's not broken, why try to "fix" it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is terrible. Hate all these oversized dvc building taking over existing resorts.

At this point they might as well just admit they only care about the rich. Just double or triple the ticket prices and let in half as many people so at least the parks would be enjoyable instead of packed wall to wall
It’s not the “rich” (but it is) necessarily…it’s the “committed”

Blue ocean theory…

Why do they want to pay to run ads to convince someone to show up and pay…once?

When they’ll pay you fees to keep coming.

Hate the game, not the player

castlecake2.0

That's never been the atmosphere of SSL, nor should it be. It should be peaceful and serene as it has been for 50 years. It's not broken, why try to "fix" it?
Was trying to look for something I could like about it and poly is in dire need of more dining. I still absolutely hate the design for this plot though either Match the rest of the resort or go full on “70s modern and make it look like some Of the original concept pieces. If this was being built somewhere else and on property with a buffer around it to give it its own space and story I wouldn’t care as much, but to wedge it in here is terrible.

mgf

Funny error on Google maps...
1647439048731.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To monetize the living out of it…of course

There was one table open at trader sam’s on 1/11/22 for 18 minutes…that’s operational efficiency that can’t be tolerated. Minimum wage for bartenders is Up to like $5 an hour

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

People have indeed been whining about the spread out resorts for years. “I’m HOW FAR from the pool at Caribbean Beach?!?!”

So…towers.

FWIW, I appreciate single-building resorts in the summer at WDW.
As a CM I can’t tell you how often I heard this when asking how a guests vacation is so far. A lot of guests do not care for the campus style layouts at all.

matt9112

I don't agree with this, but the theory would be to incentivize direct purchase as opposed to resale. If they're happy with the Riviera restrictions, a new condo association would allow them to apply those same restrictions to PVB2.

So I have heard things here and elsewhere that Rivera was different. But I'm no dvc expert. Can to give me the DL as to what is unique about the Rivera contracts?

pdude81

People have indeed been whining about the spread out resorts for years. “I’m HOW FAR from the pool at Caribbean Beach?!?!”

So…towers.

FWIW, I appreciate single-building resorts in the summer at WDW.
I personally love people taking shots at the exterior design at Riviera and it's location. Please everybody, it sucks, never stay there. I'll take one for the team and waste my points on those expensive rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom