News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Permit files today to reconfigure the entrance roads and parking lot...

1716229292914.png

Here is what that area currently looks like...

1716229383634.png

nicb88

This looks like it could result in a significant loss of parking spaces in the existing parking lot. I hope not, though!

I realise there’s more parking coming at Island Tower but with the addition of rooms/guests I imagine it’ll still be an overall loss.

Figments Friend

Agree.
I am not a fan of this project at all.
Horrible sightlines , and yet another boring ‘high rise’ hotel building.

But I was here, and wanted to snap a current photo for folks watching the progress.
I always like to try to give back to this Forum when I can when I am here on Property as far as snapping some pix on currently projects or other observations.
🙂

-

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The wedding pavilion has been so over shadowed by the ugly Polyday Inn the wedding pavilion has been re themed for ugly divorces

I think if Iger thought it could bring in ad revenue we’d see those “stick in the ground” divorce for $199 signs all along World Drive. Except it’s Disney. It’d be $799.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I am supposing there will be something on the first floor...Looks like it in the artwork....probably be on the level with Sanaa I would guess, but they could sure use another bigger and better version of Captain Cooks...even if the convert the old Neverland Club/ Tangaroa Terrace back into a working restaurant it would give more space than Captain Cook's....
The Grand Floridian Villas doesn't have anything nor does Bay Lake Tower. So It's likely this one doesn't. The only DVC that has It's own is Riviera and Old Key West as they are stand alone DVC resorts. We shall see.....

Tha Realest

The Grand Floridian Villas doesn't have anything nor does Bay Lake Tower. So It's likely this one doesn't. The only DVC that has It's own is Riviera and Old Key West as they are stand alone DVC resorts. We shall see.....
Kidani has one or two, no?

I suspect it will not, or not have anything substantive. So in addition to ruining the feel and looks of the Poly, it’ll make the experience of staying there even more unpleasant for the rest of the guests.

aladdin2007

Kidani has one or two, no?

I suspect it will not, or not have anything substantive. So in addition to ruining the feel and looks of the Poly, it’ll make the experience of staying there even more unpleasant for the rest of the guests.
Kidani only has a full service restaurant but no quick service. After being in cooks the other afternoon, it was a zoo of chaos. I can't imagine what they are thinking,,,,but they aren't thinking nor do they care unless there is something we dont know yet......Doesn't matter anymore if guests have amenities, just make the money on the rooms. Disney doens't want to operate anything more than they have to yet they keep adding rooms. The poly is maxed stressed out as it is, its going to be bad.

Last edited:

flyerjab

Saratoga Springs also.

At least in the GFs case, it has two pool bars, a QS, buffet, lounge, a TS and 2 signature dining experiences (and I didn’t even include V&As). There is only one QS but at least there are options.

And when Copper Creek came into existence at WL, along with Geyser Point they did expand the outdoor seating and/or covered it to accommodate more guests.

In the Poly’s case, I almost don’t count Ohana, due to the fact it is crazy popular and hard probably for resort guests to eat there. But they have Kona Cafe, two pool bars, Trader Sam’s bar and Captain Cooks. Adding one eating location only at the new DVC building will help but probably not enough. Adding a QS and a TS like Riviera would really help out with the guest experience.

wedenterprises

Permit files today to reconfigure the entrance roads and parking lot...

View attachment 786592

Here is what that area currently looks like...

View attachment 786593
This is such a positive change. The new entrance road into Poly is a great idea and will add some drama to entering that property. Also now the cast members won't have to cross a super busy road.

Bocabear

Saratoga Springs also.

At least in the GFs case, it has two pool bars, a QS, buffet, lounge, a TS and 2 signature dining experiences (and I didn’t even include V&As). There is only one QS but at least there are options.

And when Copper Creek came into existence at WL, along with Geyser Point they did expand the outdoor seating and/or covered it to accommodate more guests.

In the Poly’s case, I almost don’t count Ohana, due to the fact it is crazy popular and hard probably for resort guests to eat there. But they have Kona Cafe, two pool bars, Trader Sam’s bar and Captain Cooks. Adding one eating location only at the new DVC building will help but probably not enough. Adding a QS and a TS like Riviera would really help out with the guest experience.
Captain Cooks is about over-run with crowds... and for that matter it is not worth even mentioning Trader Sam's as the waits for that tiny space are longer than Ohana... It looked in the concept art that there was going to be something, but I am not sure what that something is... QS? just a pool bar with no food? Casual dining like Kona with a better menu? no one is saying.....

flyerjab

Captain Cooks is about over-run with crowds... and for that matter it is not worth even mentioning Trader Sam's as the waits for that tiny space are longer than Ohana... It looked in the concept art that there was going to be something, but I am not sure what that something is... QS? just a pool bar with no food? Casual dining like Kona with a better menu? no one is saying.....
Agree with you regarding Cooks. That location is constantly busy. And yes, I put down Trader Sam’s to be kind. Another QS would really help the resort out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom