News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

UNCgolf

This isn't the color in the renderings and appears to be the same hue as the skim coats (or at least what I assume is a skim coat) often used elsewhere on property. Maybe wait a tick. It doesn't look like paint to me.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to look good based on the renderings, but that's the thing -- we basically know what it's going to look like because we have the renderings. I don't think there's any reason to be up in arms about this as though they're painting it this color and then construction will be complete.

James Alucobond

So I guess bonding agents aren’t real, just like birds?
But referring to things as paint that aren't paint is more fun, I guess?

That said, I suppose it's not that shocking given how construction progress is reported by many of the Disney news sites. I know very little and am still kind of galled by how they very clearly describe things inaccurately. They should probably either not comment on materials or have someone on staff who knows what they're talking about.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This isn't the color in the renderings and appears to be the same hue as the skim coats (or at least what I assume is a skim coat) often used elsewhere on property. Maybe wait a tick. It doesn't look like paint to me.
Looking at the rendering It's hard to see, this side we cannot see on it.. looks like there would be three different color backdrops or two is my guess 🤷🤷‍♂️

Chef idea Mickey`=

Interesting that the resorts such as this one, The Riviera, Grand Destino, even Reflections all had one concept art design and all were built (Reflections about almost lol)

vs Epcot overhaul over 4 concept changes, Beyond Big Thunder we might see who knows how many...!

lazyboy97o

Interesting that the resorts such as this one, The Riviera, Grand Destino, even Reflections all had one concept art design and all were built (Reflections about almost lol)

vs Epcot overhaul over 4 concept changes, Beyond Big Thunder we might see who knows how many...!
“Concept art” as a phrase is a misnomer. There are five phases of design: Blue Sky, Concept Design, Schematic Design, Detailed Design / Design Development, and Construction Documentation. Each phase involves more refinement and detail, and artwork is created and updated through all of the phases of design, and sometimes even after design. Despite being called “concept art”, published promotional art can and does come from any of the phases of design.

How this art is created has also expanded dramatically. It’s no longer a painter or illustrator just creating something to sell an idea. Digital production tools such as 3D modeling software means there is more and more a 3D mode serving as at least the underlying basis for the artwork. How designs are documented has also changed. “Blueprints” are no longer just flat, 2D images but instead derived from 3D digital models. The art for the recent hotel projects so closely matches the final product because it not only didn’t come from the concept design phase but also because it was renderings of the actual “blueprints” of the buildings.

Sectorkeeper71

At this rate it's quite possible and obvious that Universal Helios Grand Hotel will finish complete construction and open before Poly Inn Tower! Look at pictures side to side
I heard on Alicia Stella’s podcast that it’s possible Helios is behind in construction which is why they haven’t opened reservations up for it yet. She’s usually pretty spot on with universal news, so I’d wager she’s on to something.

Though whether or not that puts it on a later timeline than this poly addition, I’m not sure

Chef idea Mickey`=

I heard on Alicia Stella’s podcast that it’s possible Helios is behind in construction which is why they haven’t opened reservations up for it yet. She’s usually pretty spot on with universal news, so I’d wager she’s on to something.

Though whether or not that puts it on a later timeline than this poly addition, I’m not sure
She's not and love her! 5 years ago she was the one saying a Fantastic World's park was coming and her latest podcast they mentioned things they were right about! I don't care when either of these opens but aside anything else at Disney they sure are building this Poly one 🙄on schedule in old Disney fashion!

peter11435

She's not and love her! 5 years ago she was the one saying a Fantastic World's park was coming and her latest podcast they mentioned things they were right about! I don't care when either of these opens but aside anything else at Disney they sure are building this Poly one 🙄on schedule in old Disney fashion!
Punctuation would help a lot here. I’m honestly not sure what your overall point is here.

She’s not… what?

plutofan15

You must be new here. Don’t you know that nobody here ever waits for the finished product when there is an opportunity to loose their and bash what is currently being seen. 🙄😄

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Punctuation would help a lot here. I’m honestly not sure what your overall point is here.

She’s not… what?
Alicia Stella is one to not be wrong, she's not wrong when it comes to her update on news information. Five years ago Alicia was on someone else's podcast as a guest and revealed mentioned that Universal would be and is working on a new theme park encompassing different world's known at the time under the name Fantastic World's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom