New Pirates Updates ~ June 29, 2006

PaisleyMF

The only think i will feel right at home over the Castillo del Morro (Morro fortress in San Juan Puerto Rico.) And Yes the influence of the structure is that.

imagineersrock

Thanks for the photos, the exterior looks great!

I know it has become quite the topic on these boards as far as when this thing will be opening... My gut tells me this thing will be open as soon as they possibly can get guests on it. Think about the 4th of July crowds---In my opinion they'd much rather have all those people get a chance to ride this wonderfully re-done attraction than have all of them complaining that their favorite attraction is closed during such a busy period at the parks. Not to mention, they could definitely use the extra capacity in the parks on these days surrounding the 4th.

Again, I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that this thing will be open ASAP and before the 7th if at all possible.

DigitalDisney

If the Davy Jones effect is the same as the one in DL, then it will certainly make the ride a little scarier. Not only that, but the scene with the Wicked Wench is also much more dramatic, with a new musical score and improved explosions in the water (again, based on the video I've seen of DL's version). That's probably the scene I'm most looking forward to at the moment.

Of course, all sound and lighting has also been improved.

Still, there are tons of attractions that have a dark or scary moment of some sort. Even the harmless Tiki Room has/had a scary moment with the thunderstorm. To say that an attraction is scary means nothing at a Disney park.

I apologize in advznced for the ranting you are about to read. if u don't want to see any negativeness, skip this post.

I'm sry, but i don't like the new entrance too much. some of the things i like but the pirate ship I don't. It goes well with the theming of the ride and all but how does it fit in with surrounding architecture? there is a great book called the Imagineer's guide to the Magic Kingom, Im sure you have all heard of it. but it goes into great detail about the architectual styles and blending of magic kingdom and shows how seamlessly frontierland and adventureland blend using the architectual styles. THe book also shows how disney imagineering piuts a story to each land and each building and how that works with it's surrounding buildings. now, what is the story with this random ship? it certainately didn't wash up through the walkways next to the building. or fall from the sky. I just don't feel that the ship fits because it's more like cheesy advertising.
Using this kind of signege is like ripping out the origional Hollywood Tower Hotel sign with ToT ligting effects to replace with a sign that plainly said, TOWER OF TERROR. it just seems to loose all sence of forethought to keeping with the story.I mean, to me it's distracting from the rest of the area around the atraction. (Kinda Like the Wand or Hat...) need I say more?

Since1976

The mast in front of the building makes me think of Jack Sparrow's intro scene in the first POTC...

How funny would it have been if they had put a mechanical mast and an animatronic Jack Sparrow *behind* the building, and recreate the sinking of Jack's tiny boat every 15 minutes or so?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
imagineersrock said:
Again, I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that this thing will be open ASAP and before the 7th if at all possible.

If you happen to be in the MK tomorrow (Saturday) try to swing by Pirates...

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I love the new enterance look. The only thing that looks tacky is that sign that says 'dead men tell no tales". Hopefully it will be removed after the pirate hype dies down. I love that plaque they added...adds more theming and mythology to the ride and the surrounding area. Very Classy.

calidisneygirl

Rode POTC @ Disneyland yesterday. Blew me away. The Jack Sparrow AA's (there are three on our version) ROCK!! The Davy Jones fog effect cool as well. There is a lot more audio from the AA's about Capt. Jack.

You can all look forward to an awesome time when you get to ride.

Epcot82Guy

Lewis Carroll said:
I love the new enterance look. The only thing that looks tacky is that sign that says 'dead men tell no tales". Hopefully it will be removed after the pirate hype dies down. I love that plaque they added...adds more theming and mythology to the ride and the surrounding area. Very Classy.

I agree. I wonder if that will last long. I also don't really like the black sails, but I'm sure they will hold up much longer (although this is the only attraction I can think of where some natural "weathering" would make it look better). Overall, though, a good job. I wish we had a nice little parrot left, but alas he has joined Davy Jones, aparently.

abian

calidisneygirl said:
Rode POTC @ Disneyland yesterday. Blew me away. The Jack Sparrow AA's (there are three on our version) ROCK!! The Davy Jones fog effect cool as well. There is a lot more audio from the AA's about Capt. Jack.

You can all look forward to an awesome time when you get to ride.
Don't expect WDW's overlay would be as good as DL's. I heard the main focus is on DL.

CaptainMichael

shmmrname said:
Oddly enough, I like the "Fort" sign the most. It's just a little touch, but it's really cool.
So do I. In fact, we are going to make something similar to put by our pirate themed pool on the bayou we live on.

T-1MILLION

shmmrname said:
Oddly enough, I like the "Fort" sign the most. It's just a little touch, but it's really cool.

ME too! That is the one thing that stands out of all the changes to me. Sure the others in the ride are obvious but I really like the sign, I think it may be because it brings out the theme of the fort and area without being too overdone. It fits perfectly.:D

ST8FAN. That sounds awesome!

FigmentJedi

It would be nice if they put the bird back outside(or put the skull outside instead). Doesn't hurt to have a barker for the ride. something like the old spiel with mentions of Jack and the treasure.
I kinda hope that if the two do end up getting to MouseSurplus though that they don't auction them off, but keep 'em on display in the store with that Monorail car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom