New pin codes for travel through 12/17/09

marcriss

Hey! I just got a pin code for travel through 12/17. I'm not sure what the actual discount works out to be yet, but I got my room & 4-10day park hoppers for the same prices as my 10day AAA room only at the YC.

Email lists 4 days hotel & tickets for $377 per adult at value resorts.

ricesk

Darn! How do I get a PIN code? I am trying to go 10/24-30. Sometimes I get the emails, sometimes I don't (usually when I really want them). :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Rob562

Noone knows exactly how people get a PIN code email or snail-mail postcard, but there are a few things you can do to increase your chances:
-Make sure you've signed up for a login on the WDW website. Even if you have one, it wouldn't hurt ot go in and update your info. Make sure to check the box where you say that yes, Disney and its affiliates can contact you with promo material.
-Request a new Vacation Planning DVD. Make sure to answer the question about when you're thinking about going on your next trip.
-*Maybe* even go so far as to book a trip and then later cancel it... (Though I admit this one is pretty drastic) A friend of mine got a PIN code postcard in the mail last year, and the only reason Disney had his name and address at all was because on the trip my friends and I ended up having to cancel, the second hotel room was in his name.

With the current recession, Disney may be sending out more offers than usual to try and drum up business. In 10 years of going to WDW on an annual basis, I got my very first PIN code email last fall. With it, my roommate and I will be visiting this June under Free Dining. (My roommate's first trip to Disney ever)
And just today I got another PIN code offer, this time for a package where adults get park tickets and the Dining Plan at the Children's price for dates in October and November, basically the 6 or 7 weeks immediately after the current Free Dining period ends. (Though if you're at a Value resort, it's the Quick Service DDP, and at a Moderate or above it's the regular DDP)

-Rob

Upvote 0

marcriss

Original Poster
After doing the math, the pin deal I got works out to 40% off at a deluxe resort, good through 11/28-12/17. The deal in the body of the e-mail was for 10/2-11/24.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

I have been logging on several times a week looking at trips for 12/1-12/8, and all I get is cruise line pins!!!

I have been DYING to get a discount for that time!:hammer:

Upvote 0

goodtimes5286

Noone knows exactly how people get a PIN code email or snail-mail postcard, but there are a few things you can do to increase your chances:
-Make sure you've signed up for a login on the WDW website. Even if you have one, it wouldn't hurt ot go in and update your info. Make sure to check the box where you say that yes, Disney and its affiliates can contact you with promo material.
-Request a new Vacation Planning DVD. Make sure to answer the question about when you're thinking about going on your next trip.
-*Maybe* even go so far as to book a trip and then later cancel it... (Though I admit this one is pretty drastic) A friend of mine got a PIN code postcard in the mail last year, and the only reason Disney had his name and address at all was because on the trip my friends and I ended up having to cancel, the second hotel room was in his name.
All THREE of those ive done (except canceling our trip, we're def going 2morrow) n ive NEVER gotten a pin for anything EVER. Sheesh im glad disney likes to give us flordians so much love....

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I just got a pin code via email for buy 5 days and get 2 nights free with park hopper tickets for each guest for travel between 10/3 and 11/24. Said something about the offer only being good for select value and deluxe resorts. With I could take advantage of it, but I think it will be pushing it since we will be there at the end of Sept for free dining!

Upvote 0

marcriss

Original Poster
But it sounds like I have to cross my fingers and hope to get a code?

I actually received one in the mail, but it was for Sept/Oct, I think...

:shrug:

Make sure to read the whole e-mail. The one I got was through November, but at the bottom it said "Be sure to ask about great rates for other lengths of stay,Resorts and travel dates 11/28–12/17/09."

I originally missed it, but as soon as I saw that I called.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Hold up...this is good for travel dates from Oct 3 thru early Nov.?! I would love to have this PIN code! We have a trip booked 10/6-10/11 and any type of discount would really help us out.

Guess I'll check my inbox as well as snail mail. I've gotten a couple of them before but weren't able to use them. *crosses fingers*

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

I have been signed up for every Disney thing imaginable for years, even the old Disney credit card (the purple one), and I never received any discount pin codes until now! In the past week I received a post card and an e-mail each with their own promo. Unfortunatley, my DH works for the auto industry and finances are not good. I have no idea when we will be able to go again:cry:!

Upvote 0
I got my FIRST ever email pin code last night. Mine was for the same travel dates and 'Big Kids get Little Kids Prices' package. 4 night / 4 days hotel, tickets, dining = $471 per person value and $624 moderate. Sure would be nice to go twice this year, but we leave in less than two weeks and I doubt we could pull together two trips this year :( -- But hey, at least I finally got a pin.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Hoping to go for a week in October, those deals sound
fantastic . . . ahh . . . free dining . . . .

I'm gonna go order the DVD, just to see if it helps.

This is tantalizing to read!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I got the "Big kids pay Little kid prices" pin yesterday. I was so happy cuz it was actually for the time frame I am wanting to go. By the time I called this morning, all the value rooms under the pin were booked for the days i was wanting to go. I even tried going a day earlier than planned & going a day later than planned. Nothing was open. I decided to wait till next week before I book anything so I can see if my request to stay as a seasonal cast member as my college program ends.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

So, do you think you can call and ask "so, there's this pin code,
it really doesn't apply to me, but here's what I want to do, do you
have anything that fits what I want?"

Upvote 0
I received the 5 nights with 2 nights free...And a Disney gift card for $100. So I called yesterday and we already were going 6 nights, so I asked if the pin code would work and it only worked by booking an extra day. That didn't make sense the email was for 5 nights and I was already paying for 6. Wouldn't you think that with a free night would be cheaper? So know I booked for 7 nights and 8 days, with dining and a gift card for the same price, I'm getting more for my $ but I don't see the discount because I had to book another day. It's kinda of confusing I thought I would call an get another cast member to verify why I am not getting a credit for my 6th day that they already charged me for?:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

So, do you think you can call and ask "so, there's this pin code,
it really doesn't apply to me, but here's what I want to do, do you
have anything that fits what I want?"

No, unfortunately they can only apply a certain pin code to your name, if you've been offered that specific pin code.

Your best bet is to book with a good travel agency who will watch for deals for you. We know of all offers Disney has for the general public, and if something comes out for your time frame that applies to you, we will automatically call and apply it for you. You don't have to ask, we'll just do it.

Also, if you get a pin code offer, we can book that for you too. We'll still keep watching, and if a general public offer comes out that beats your pin code, we'll switch you to the better deal.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom