New pictures of abandoned Imageworks

raven

this would be an AMAZING replacement for the current ride, just from the ride layout it is similar while offering a fresh new ride, it looks to be using pooh's hunny hunt technology, It would be SPECTACULAR!!!! and it uses the upstairs imageworks !!!!! :D

Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology would not work, as I've said time and time again on these boards. The system utilites a level floor which Imagination does NOT have. The 2 other rides at WDW that uses this technology does have a level floor (Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy). In order to put that technology in Imag they would need to completely guy the building. In the state that the building is in, the odds are slim to none that would happen without destroying the entire structure.

Look for future plans however using the same track layout but keep an "open mind." :lol:

bgraham34

Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology would not work, as I've said time and time again on these boards. The system utilites a level floor which Imagination does NOT have. The 2 other rides at WDW that uses this technology does have a level floor (Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy). In order to put that technology in Imag they would need to completely guy the building. In the state that the building is in, the odds are slim to none that would happen without destroying the entire structure.

Look for future plans however using the same track layout but keep an "open mind." :lol:

They most likely would not have to gut the building to make a level floor. They could just pour concrete in and make it level or create a sub floor for it.

raven

They most likely would not have to gut the building to make a level floor. They could just pour concrete in and make it level or create a sub floor for it.

Speaking as one who walks the ride path at least once a week with the lights on I can tell you that particular technology won't work here.

CaptainJackNO

You know? With the ticket price increases, it would make alot of people feel better if there weren't completely useful areas of the park that were once major attractions sitting there empty, dusty, and unused. Now, I don't have a major problem with the price increases; however, when I see WOL and the upstairs portion of JIYI sitting there vacant when there could be exciting attractions, I get a bit peeved. Why expect top dollar from guests when these two examples show that we are not getting 100% from TDO? Think the awesome effect on crowds and guests by having these two areas open again. I would be ecstatic, as many would be. And, I assure you that there would be fewer people sore about price increases.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Speaking as one who walks the ride path at least once a week with the lights on I can tell you that particular technology won't work here.

I understand that the ride track for the newer version of JII is shorter than the original, did Disney gut the original track too?

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

BigThunderMatt

I miss the Electronic Philharmonic...one of my favorite memories as a child. I could have spent hours at that thing and my parents quite literally had to drag me away from it. :(

raven

You know? With the ticket price increases, it would make alot of people feel better if there weren't completely useful areas of the park that were once major attractions sitting there empty, dusty, and unused. Now, I don't have a major problem with the price increases; however, when I see WOL and the upstairs portion of JIYI sitting there vacant when there could be exciting attractions, I get a bit peeved.

How long did 20K sit there unused before it got replaced? Hmm.

I understand that the ride track for the newer version of JII is shorter than the original, did Disney gut the original track?

It's under the queue and postshow floor. As you walk across it you can hear where it's hollow under you.

Lwc3

Image Works influenced alot of people now in their 30s. I'd like to see Apple take over as sponsor and create the new playground of tomorrow. Apple has the money and tech research and development to make it happen right.

CaptainJackNO

It's under the queue and postshow floor. As you walk across it you can hear where it's hollow under you.

I agree, Raven. The thing with 20,000 leagues under the sea, however, is the fact that it was underwater presented quite a few challenges as far as placing something there, Now, I am not excusing that. I thought they should have kept 20,000 in operation. I loved it.
The problem with WOL and Imageworks is that they are in easily accessed areas and basically empty canvasses for any of the thousand ideas and dreams that have come from Imagineers. I have to believe that this is a dollars and laziness thing on part of upper management.
The infrastructure for a number of major attractions are sitting at their feet and they lazily do not pursue it. EPCOT's attendance could skyrocket with the development of these areas. Most attractions need foundation work, a building, electrical, plumbing, etc, etc.. WOL and JIYI have all of that established already. All that needs to be done is to physically build attractions and make these dreams come true. But, they don't. They raise prices, but little attention is paid to the low hanging fruit.

DarthGrady

It makes me so sad every time I see it. I loved that place, and to see it ruined is just awful. They continue to insult us with a garbage pile of a ride; a neutered and worthless "new" Imagework; plus a haunting reminder of happier times just to complete the kick to the chops. :(:(

At lest we have EO back. :sohappy:

That more than anything gives me hope. The track is still there, and could be worked into a new and longer version that would be a proper sequel to the original. Probably won't happen, but a fanboy can dream.

jmick71

This should give everyone hope!
i was thinking that if they ever re do the ride it would have to be condensed to the current ride track because TDO would not want to spend the money to extend it, but if it just a matter of ripping up floors, it is completely possible they would do it:D

also i think it would be possible to develop new technology that would allow the ride to have the same feel as hunny hunt, but on unleveled floors.

NiarrNDisney

I agree!! It's kind of creepy because you can see remnants of the old ride up there. And while I can't say I have 'fond' memories of the original ride, I do have memories of riding it back in the day. I miss the old ride.

Oh the old Imagination used to be one of my favorite rides in WDW not to mention one of the most popular rides in Epcot. Its truly is to bad that it was refurbed in the late 90's but like most things it to I guess had to change.

I know why ... because it was fun and Disney shuttered it because they are cheap and their paramount concern is not the guest experience.

Right! :rolleyes: Sometimes the men and women behind the "Mouse" can be real bummers!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom