New picture of TLM Building(1/11/11)

Testtrack321

Mind me asking where you work in Backlands? I was on the opening team at LMA until I transferred to Everest when it opened.

I know a guy who works in the backlo.... err backlands. If you're in his area I'll make sure you give him a hard time lol

cheezbat

Thanks for this video, very nice to see.

I'm thinking about all the cranes and stuff parked on the site and wondering how in the heck they're going to construct Project X in the middle as the other parts come to fruition. I'm sure there's a way.

I think we're all wondering that. Think of the traffic flow problems there will be in this area once the new ride and restaurant open. You know it's gonna be busy...as if Fantasyland isn't already busy enough. Add building ANOTHER ride in the middle of all this new commotion, it's gonna be interesting to see.

Testtrack321

I think we're all wondering that. Think of the traffic flow problems there will be in this area once the new ride and restaurant open. You know it's gonna be busy...as if Fantasyland isn't already busy enough. Add building ANOTHER ride in the middle of all this new commotion, it's gonna be interesting to see.

I'd bet that most major, intensive construction would be complete by opening, with only detailed and interior work left to do. For example, Mermaid in DCA.

beyondyou

Original Poster
Mind me asking where you work in Backlands? I was on the opening team at LMA until I transferred to Everest when it opened.

I'll be working mermaid and playhouse(till it closes). they said i'll be doing some cross training somewhere else to pick up the playhouse hours

BriEcho3194

So this is going kinda faster then I even expected! So does this mean it could be open soon?? Like early 2012? or Late 2011? Im just wondering

MotherOfBirds

So when do y'all predict that we'll see some concrete/rockwork happening over at TLM? Will they finish the facade first or last? My guess would be first to help hide all that ugly, un-magical rebar and concrete.

btw Testtrack321: Do you happen to wear a fez? :animwink:

Tigger#1

Am I the only one that finds it amazing that there was still this much undeveloped land inside the Magic Kingdom?
Maybe it was Disney Magic:D

BriEcho3194

The progress looks quick, but they still have a long way to go. I highly doubt anything will open in 2011.

Dan

Okay just wondering I just wanted to know because I may be going in 2012 and I want these two areas open and Dumbo lol :) Thanks for clearing that up! Its a lot of fun watching this project go from nothing to these huge areas! lol

PhilharMagician

So when do y'all predict that we'll see some concrete/rockwork happening over at TLM? Will they finish the facade first or last? My guess would be first to help hide all that ugly, un-magical rebar and concrete.

btw Testtrack321: Do you happen to wear a fez? :animwink:

It looked like rebar forms were hiding at the STOLPort in December. So it could start at any time as soon and the structure is ready to mount the forms and it has to be close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom