new photos

lexgoodsir

Really hope the castle walls are finished soon, will be great to see the progress myself when I go at the beginning of August! Thank you for the pics, I'm constantly checking here and DaMouse for updates... One thing I'm getting frustrated with is the work being carried out round Prince Charmings carousel, it's just cluttering up the place and from what I know they're not doing a huge amount there!

nepalostparks

One thing I'm getting frustrated with is the work being carried out round Prince Charmings carousel, it's just cluttering up the place and from what I know they're not doing a huge amount there!

They are replacing the concrete in the area, and raising it higher to match the height around the new castle walls being built.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is anyone else getting a picture in their head on how awesome it is going to look to just get that little peek of the dwarf "mountain" through the gates of the castle walls?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Very cool how the gate will frame out part of the mountian.

HokieDevil

I really like the concept of the castle walls and the views through the archways. I'm thinking of some great photo ops and such from there. Mostly glamor shots, try some new poses.

alissafalco

I love all the photo updates from Damouse!! They always show the best photos and keep us very informed as to whats happening. Thank you Damouse!!

Horizonsfan

Thanks for the link! I'll just echo with my excitement for the castle walls. They really will make the "reveal" of new fantasyland all that more dramatic and cinematic. Can't wait to walk through them.

jjharvpro

The scale of the project is seen more and more with each new batch of MUCH-APPRECIATED photo updates:) But wow, in person, it is HUGE. From Winnie the Pooh, you can see the stone bridge leading to Beast Castle and it is incredible. The castle walls are so big and will be magnificent.

rioriz

I just want to thank those who defended the work that we are doing.

No need to respond to the asinine comments of others that have already been thoroughly refuted. Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and of course we've recently taken photos of things outside of New Fantasyland as well ;)

Thank you for the detail....I can't wait to see the videos!

John

In part 2, is it me or does the castle look....well crooked? Not do to the photographer but it seems a little slanted.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In part 2, is it me or does the castle look....well crooked? Not do to the photographer but it seems a little slanted.
Which castle? Cinderella or Beast's

Both look a little slanted to me, but I think it may be the wide angle lens used for the photos.

lexgoodsir

They are replacing the concrete in the area, and raising it higher to match the height around the new castle walls being built.

Typical, the day after I write this and they take the construction walls down there, ah well at least it looks a lot less cluttered now. Exciting to see the path work now appearing in places

nepalostparks

Typical, the day after I write this and they take the construction walls down there, ah well at least it looks a lot less cluttered now. Exciting to see the path work now appearing in places

The walls were up for a few weeks, but they moved around behind the carousel depending on the sections they were working on. I think the fact that they were raising the elevation slightly made their stay longer than if it was just a straight replacement like other sections.

J03Y

DSC05815.jpg

this picture... just this picture askadhfsakfhgdshgfdshgfsdhfgsdj

the most beautiful castle in Disney history and i'll be able to dine in it by Thanksgiving and Christmas asjdfhkgsfdsgsdjggfsdhfgsdjgsdklh

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
But....is that a corner of a roof structure on the show building to the right of the castle?

It is. And from this picture, if they only remember to paint it the same color as the rest of the castle, it will just look like an extension of the castle wall. Big IF I know, but it seems like that is the effect that they are going for.

Kuhio

It is. And from this picture, if they only remember to paint it the same color as the rest of the castle, it will just look like an extension of the castle wall. Big IF I know, but it seems like that is the effect that they are going for.

Yep -- it looks like they've even got a little turret built on that roof structure already. Don't forget the purple paint, peeps!

By the way, how do they keep birds from alighting on things like Beast's Castle and the adjacent rockwork, and ruining the perspective? I often see roofs on commercial structures that use a row of spikes to prevent birds from "loitering," but obviously that wouldn't work here... yet I don't think I've seen a single photo of the FLE construction where birds are an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom