New Photos of Everest and around WDW.

The_CEO

Lynx04 said:
It will not go 70mhp. The tallest drop is 80ft. If I had to guess it would be closer 50mph. Considering Batman the Ride only has a 90 foot drop and only reaches 50mph.

But it depends on the degrees and the weight of the train i'm sure.

Right?

Lynx04

The_CEO said:
But it depends on the degrees and the weight of the train i'm sure.

Right?

Of course the closer to 90 degress you get the less track you need to get from highest point to lowest point, less track means less friction. There are many other factors that also play impact speed (temp, humidity, friction, even the wheel conditions). Not only do they impact speed but some impact how smooth the ride runs, some impact more then others. Having said that, none of them would create a 20mph difference and majority of the times aren't even noticeable.

I am sure some on here have riden coaster through out the day and notice a difference in how it runs as the day goes by. I have heard some stories about trains that had trouble making it around the whole course on some mornings, and then after they break-in a little run more smoothly.

DisneyGal126

I like the no inversions part but the big drop had me kinda freaked out... I like fast and crazy but I don't like the feeling of my stomach dropping... I've never even been on Splash Mountain :eek:

Halfling418

I was wondering if the drop would be too much for me(I'd probably go on it anyway)--but yeah, I'm one of the chickens of the family(no Millenium Force or Top Thrill Dragster for me--they're in Cedar Point, and they're extreme)

But yeah, I just realized that the drop in the Jurassic Park River Adventure is 85 feet--and I was fine with that.

So I'm all set.

Halfling418

DisneyGal126 said:
I've never even been on Splash Mountain :eek:

Aww....you'd be fine...I was terrified before I finally got dragged on, and afterwards I felt dumb for being scared. It's like a 2-second slide...

Now the only thing I won't go on in WDW is ToT, but I have been on it twice before. My body just can't handle the vertical-ness. It leaves my hands shaking. :eek:

Halfling418

Oh

so I just realized, the tallest hill I've been on was 155 ft.(which isn't that tall for a coaster) and I thougt it was great...soooo...now I feel dumb for being nervous about this ride.

CaptainMichael

The_CEO said:
In the next two years alone three E-ticket attractions will open up at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, among them Expedition Everest at the Animal Kingdom park

What are the other two?

Soarin and LMA?

When was this said? I'm not sure I'd count LMA as an E-ticket, but that's just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom