New photos in the Disney Dream Portrait Series

kcw

Rachel Weisz (sp) makes an awesome Snow White! I never saw that one. I agree with an earlier post, some of the selections for celebrities seems random, but for the ones that work they are pretty cool.

really? I think she looks bored to death.....:shrug: and since Snow White is my favorite princess, I'm definitely not a fan

Nicole220

My favorites are the Scarlett Johansson and David Beckham ones. The rest are weird, and they keep getting weirder. I like the idea, but they've been weird lately...

And yay for Mikhail Baryshnikov! :sohappy::lol::lookaroun

DivineMadness7

While I preferred the subject matter in the first set (the ones with scarlett as cinderella, etc), anything that combines Tina Fey with Disney is good in my eyes!

They are sorta silly but they are fun and they're just for promotion. They weren't made for us, they were made for publicity. Celeb choice was probably half by name and half who they could get to do the shoots.

And just because something isn't your taste, doesn't mean that a well-known photographer's "artistic license should be revoked" :hurl:....come on now, not everyone is going to like everything. Just like I may not like certain posts people make in online disney forums........:lookaroun doesn't mean I think they should not have the right to do so and express themselves.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I wouldn't mind the photos if it weren't for the obscene exprense. they spend ridiculous amounts of money on the costumes, props, and the celebs for these photos.

The Cinderella crown from the first batch cost more then most people make in a year. Much more.

They're throwing money at what is at best a mediocre ad campaigne.

S.E.A.

the only really iconic ones are the Scarlett Johansson, David Beckham and Rachel Weisz ones. those 3 are the classiest of them all. The others are just odd and gimmicky

DivineMadness7

I really hate to instigate an argument here, but what about Disney DOESN'T involve an obscene amount of money?

They spend millions on attractions.

We spend millions (collaboratively, mind you) in their parks.

If you really got down to the numbers, I'm sure millions are spent every year on things such a mickey ears, dole whips and attraction photos alone.

Do I think the money could be spent elsewhere, possibly more efficiently? sure. but I'm not being paid by them to make those choices, unfortunately! The bottom line is, they are a business. For every ad campaign that works (and we, as a picky little community, may actually approve of) there are 5 or more that don't. I don't work in advertising, so I won't pretend to know much about it. Yes, they did spend more money on it than most people make in a year, obviously. But to them, it was hardly a drop in their large bucket. This is not the only thing in our world that could be given such a label!

I would find it hard to believe that if Disney didn't think this campaign was at least somewhat profitable that they would've a) sunk large amounts of money into it or b) continued to release these photos. They know more about business than I do (or ever will for that matter.) As long as they continue to provide a product I want, I will continue to give them my money! Works for me! In my case, it won't be as a result of these photos, but maybe in someone else's case, it will be.

DiPSU224

I love the Scarlett Johansson and Rachel Weiss ones. The others aren't bad, I think they're just more modern than what most are used to.

I was going crazy trying to find which pic Tina Fey was in. I can't get the pic big enough to see her face.

Wow, I love them, especially the J.Lo and Marc Anthony one. Shakira would have made a great Jasmine, but oh well. Maybe they can use her as Sleeping Beauty. Now that would be cool. I don't understand why people think they are tasteless. They look like live-action versions of our favorite classic animated Disney films, and the background are pure genius.

DisneyChik17

I had thought that the celebrities were chosen to represent their characters based on something in their own personas that somehow matched. Well, that's what I thought after seeing the first set of photos (not that I see Beyonce as an Alice type,then again I don't know her). Now, I think the earlier poster was right, it's probably more about marketing and availability.

haveyoumetmark

I can't really understand the lack of appreciation for such gorgeous photos, but that's just me....

I'm not sure as to how the celebrities are chosen... but I do know that they choose the characters they want to portray. Disney is 'fulfilling their dreams' by letting them portray their favorite childhood characters in these gorgeous sets.

Jekyll_Baker

Not a fan of the newer ones, but the worst...Whoopi as the Genie? Seriously???? :shrug:

Have to agree with the sentiment. I think (almost) all the pix are beautifully done and give a "grown-up" spin on our favorite Disney characters. I think the best so far have been 'Cinderella' and 'Pocahontas'. The only ones that I don't like or understand are 'King Arthur' (not really Disney - I know "Sword in the Stone," but that was Wart, not King Arthur), and 'Genie' (Whoopi:confused::hammer::veryconfu - pah-leeze -- They could've at least found someone closer to the gender and liveliness of Aladdin's Genie).

kcw

I can't really understand the lack of appreciation for such gorgeous photos, but that's just me....

I'm not sure as to how the celebrities are chosen... but I do know that they choose the characters they want to portray. Disney is 'fulfilling their dreams' by letting them portray their favorite childhood characters in these gorgeous sets.

I think for me, I'd just rather keep Hollywood and Disney separate. To me, Hollywood is filled with skeezy, snobby, actors and actresses whose lives revolve around partying and just plain being famous. (and before I get flamed, I do realize that this is not true for every famous actor/actress, but sometimes the stereotype from a few ruins it for all). On the other hand though, Disney still seems "pure" (for lack of a better term...) and I don't really like the Hollywood skeeze dripping into disney. Heck, most celebs can't even handle their own kids, so why should they be part of an ad campaign for something that is so kid-centered? I don't know if that makes sense, but if I had kids, I'd rather them not put aladdin, jasmine, and alice in the same category as marc anthony, j-lo, and beyonce..... I guess I feel like it kind of cheapens the characters....:shrug:

and 'Genie' (Whoopi:confused::hammer::veryconfu - pah-leeze -- They could've at least found someone closer to the gender and liveliness of Aladdin's Genie).

hmmmmm... like maybe, Robin Williams?! I agree though, that one was definitely my least favorite

Jekyll_Baker

I think for me, I'd just rather keep Hollywood and Disney separate. To me, Hollywood is filled with skeezy, snobby, actors and actresses whose lives revolve around partying and just plain being famous. (and before I get flamed, I do realize that this is not true for every famous actor/actress, but sometimes the stereotype from a few ruins it for all). On the other hand though, Disney still seems "pure" (for lack of a better term...) and I don't really like the Hollywood skeeze dripping into disney. Heck, most celebs can't even handle their own kids, so why should they be part of an ad campaign for something that is so kid-centered? I don't know if that makes sense, but if I had kids, I'd rather them not put aladdin, jasmine, and alice in the same category as marc anthony, j-lo, and beyonce..... I guess I feel like it kind of cheapens the characters....:shrug:

yet let's not forget the Disney darlings Brittney and Lindsey

hmmmmm... like maybe, Robin Williams?! I agree though, that one was definitely my least favorite

no, too obvious a choice, though I don't have a better suggestion right now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom