New photos in the Disney Dream Portrait Series

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think for me, I'd just rather keep Hollywood and Disney separate. To me, Hollywood is filled with skeezy, snobby, actors and actresses whose lives revolve around partying and just plain being famous. (and before I get flamed, I do realize that this is not true for every famous actor/actress, but sometimes the stereotype from a few ruins it for all). On the other hand though, Disney still seems "pure" (for lack of a better term...) and I don't really like the Hollywood skeeze dripping into disney. Heck, most celebs can't even handle their own kids, so why should they be part of an ad campaign for something that is so kid-centered? I don't know if that makes sense, but if I had kids, I'd rather them not put aladdin, jasmine, and alice in the same category as marc anthony, j-lo, and beyonce..... I guess I feel like it kind of cheapens the characters....:shrug:

hmmmmm... like maybe, Robin Williams?! I agree though, that one was definitely my least favorite

I think that the Genie link to Whoopi is Robin Williams.

At least when you think of Whoopi you don't immediately think of scandal, sax, drugs, etc.

cdunbar

I have to say that I like the Cindy one, the snow white one, and the pocahontas ones the best. But from reading the article on one of the websites it said that a 14 page spread was to appear in vogue and glammor back in december. But there have only been 3 photo sessions giving us only ten photos. This begs the question are there 4 more coming?:shrug:

Kristamouse

I am not getting the Leibovitz Pics hate either. That being said I did not LOVE the Thomas Kincade paintings of the castles. Like all art, "to each her own."
I do agree that some of the pics turned out better than others but overall I think they are beautiful and are effective at bringing a different audience to Disney. I have read and seen over and over again how Disney has a high end line of clothes and jewerly that is pretty succesful and these pics seem to fit that style Disney is aiming for. Just to clairfy I cannot afford these high end items but to think they are beautiful :kiss: Heck I would like see the pics in some sort of coffe table book or other media book, that is how beautiful I think they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom