New Peter Pan interactive queue

Scuttle

Original Poster
So what is up with the Peter Pan interactive queue we all know is coming? Is it just going to used in the old bathroom area or up by the front of the line? I just hope TDO doesn't touch those shields on the rail. They are so classic and I remember them from the early 80's when the shields towered over me. Anyway anyone know if those have been there since 71 or if they plan on destroying them to make way for a new queue? What made me think of this is I just got off the crapper reading the Sentinel and the cover page had an article that said "They have learned, for instance, to install interactive elements closer to the end of a queue rather than the beginning, because quests still far from the ride itself don't like to slow down". Got me thinking. But to my memory the shields are near the beginning of the line right? I don't know because we have fastpassed it the last 10 times. Anyone know anything or have thoughts?

ToTBellHop

So what is up with the Peter Pan interactive queue we all know is coming? Is it just going to used in the old bathroom area or up by the front of the line? I just hope TDO doesn't touch those shields on the rail. They are so classic and I remember them from the early 80's when the shields towered over me. Anyway anyone know if those have been there since 71 or if they plan on destroying them to make way for a new queue? What made me think of this is I just got off the crapper reading the Sentinel and the cover page had an article that said "They have learned, for instance, to install interactive elements closer to the end of a queue rather than the beginning, because quests still far from the ride itself don't like to slow down". Got me thinking. But to my memory the shields are near the beginning of the line right? I don't know because we have fastpassed it the last 10 times. Anyone know anything or have thoughts?

It is interesting how much we end up caring about small details from our childhood.

There isn't much room for interactive elements in the current queue for the ride, so I would imagine they will be focused in the expansion area (allowing them to build this area without closing the ride itself). That said, they certainly could take out the current queue rails if they don't think they match whatever theme they decide on.

hauntdmansion79

I just hope TDO doesn't touch those shields on the rail. They are so classic and I remember them from the early 80's when the shields towered over me.

I love how people here on this site are just like me. Me and my brother love those shields too! Our memories of those classic shields go back to when we went in 1986. Fantasyland queues as we knew them are going away. Back when Small World, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White, all had classic metal railing switchback queues that overlooked the Fantasyland traffic. Now Pooh is updated, Peter Pan will be updated, Snow White will be gone, so all we'll have of those classic Fantasyland queues is Small World. I think it's all for the better, but I'll miss those old queues. I actually REALLY hope the do keep those shields. That would make me so happy.

Unplugged

Pooh had an interactive queue and the built it out and remodeled the front of the building a bit. The Haunted Mansion had the interactive area added in a built out space. Also, the permit filed for for the old tram area shows additional walkways and, if I'm not mistaken, what appears to be some curving areas near the side by Peter Pan. Knowing that Imagineering is working to make Fantasy Land a better over all experience, I'm willing to bet that the front of Peter Pan will be remodeled a bit (ala Pooh) in addition to the interactive elements. While the line may be re focused to the area currently occupied by the restrooms, I think we're going to see more then just the old restroom space used. I'm sure Imagineering will rework the queue along the front of the attraction as well to make the whole area more appealing and less structural box like.

Time will tell.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I doubt they'll do much expansion out of the direct front of it (due to the close proximity of IASW), but I'm going to guess they will expand outward around the side, where they'll have more room free after the other changes take effect re-routing traffic.

PalisadesPkteer

Would make the most sense to use the old bathroom for any interactive que.

They are changing the area for better guest flow for the future with the old skyway area becoming the new restrooms.

So you would take away from that if they do an extended que wouldn't you?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Would make the most sense to use the old bathroom for any interactive que.

They are changing the area for better guest flow for the future with the old skyway area becoming the new restrooms.

So you would take away from that if they do an extended que wouldn't you?

It depends on how much space we're talking about I guess.

Mimi

Am I the only one who is going to miss those bathrooms? I always thought it was cute how they were sort of hidden back there. I also loved the benches across from them. Anyone have any pics of this area they can post for weirdos like me?

zooey

Am I the only one who is going to miss those bathrooms? I always thought it was cute how they were sort of hidden back there. I also loved the benches across from them. Anyone have any pics of this area they can post for weirdos like me?

I liked them too, but there is a line and becoming nostalgic about some bathrooms is probably crossing that line.

Mimi

I liked them too, but there is a line and becoming nostalgic about some bathrooms is probably crossing that line.

Perhaps, but I have fond memories of that area that date back to when I was a little one. I'm not suggesting we start a movement to save the bathrooms, I'm just saying I'll miss them. I'm sure we all have strange little things we love about WDW.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Perhaps, but I have fond memories of that area that date back to when I was a little one. I'm not suggesting we start a movement to save the bathrooms, I'm just saying I'll miss them. I'm sure we all have strange little things we love about WDW.

Yeah, I can see that campaign

"Rescue the Loo!"
"We're restless without restrooms!"

Just think, you can deposit new memories in the new restrooms :lookaroun

darthspielberg

When I heard about it, I thought they could turn the queue into the Darling's house, but that might not offer many opportunities to make it interactive. It occurs to me that they have less space with Pan than they did with Pooh, what with another ride just across the way, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Hopefully something that makes the line move faster. For what amounts to a ceiling mounted Omni-mover, that thing has lines that baffle the heck out of me.

JimboJones123

Two Words:

Skull Rock!

Yeah, make that the freakin' huge butt entrance. I know it would be tight, but if Skull Rock were placed right at the exit of Philharmagic, my socks would be knocked off. Plus, the whole DL nostalgia thing.

docnabox

Maybe they should theme it to the Lost Boys singing "Following the Leader" since you are in a line after all. That way, everyone will keep moving forward! :ROFLOL:

lazyboy97o

When I heard about it, I thought they could turn the queue into the Darling's house, but that might not offer many opportunities to make it interactive.
It is a house, particularly the nursery, that is home to three young children that are quite imaginative and playful. It could be a lot of fun. Unless the ride is changed to no longer reflect leaving through the window and flying over London to Neverland, I expect an interactive queue to be totally void of Neverland related items. The ride has a clear progression of going to and returning from Neverland and I see nothing unreasonable about expecting the queue, from the organization that elevated the queue to being a part of the expereince, to work with and not contradict that progression.

AEfx

I'll be surprised if they do any extensive work that requires any type of structural changes or enhancements.

Pan is one of the only rides at WDW (along with TTA) that is not ADA-compliant. The only reason WDW hasn't had to bring it to compliance is because of the age of the building (it's grandfathered in). They can't make any major structural changes to the building (and I would presume that would include the entire building, which the queue would be part of) without triggering the ADA and then they'd have to do a WHOLE lot of changes. Basically, the entire ride system would need to be rebuilt.

To be honest, I know Snow White was the least popular of the dark rides, but it would have made more sense in one way to close up Pan and rebuild another Pan attraction instead of doing it to Snow White. First, Pan is due for a major tech upgrade, and second, starting from scratch they would be able to make the new ride compliant from the get-go.

I do see why they chose Snow White, but Pan is going to have to be rebuilt sooner or later - in fact, once FLE is completed in a few years, it would not surprise me at all if Pan goes down for an extended time just for this very purpose.

lazyboy97o

I'll be surprised if they do any extensive work that requires any type of structural changes or enhancements.

Pan is one of the only rides at WDW (along with TTA) that is not ADA-compliant. The only reason WDW hasn't had to bring it to compliance is because of the age of the building (it's grandfathered in). They can't make any major structural changes to the building (and I would presume that would include the entire building, which the queue would be part of) without triggering the ADA and then they'd have to do a WHOLE lot of changes. Basically, the entire ride system would need to be rebuilt.
ADA requires reasonable accommodations, I am not sure just changing the queue or facade would make not changing the ride considered unreasonable.

To be honest, I know Snow White was the least popular of the dark rides, but it would have made more sense in one way to close up Pan and rebuild another Pan attraction instead of doing it to Snow White. First, Pan is due for a major tech upgrade, and second, starting from scratch they would be able to make the new ride compliant from the get-go.

I do see why they chose Snow White, but Pan is going to have to be rebuilt sooner or later - in fact, once FLE is completed in a few years, it would not surprise me at all if Pan goes down for an extended time just for this very purpose.
It will take time to tear down the Skyway Station, build the new restrooms and walkway, and then gut the existing restrooms. Disney may well not get to this point until after The Little Mermaid opens to the public. Maybe we will get lucky and the whole attraction will go down to get a nice upgrade and an interactive queue.

Does anybody know if the Disneyland Paris attraction has a higher capacity than the Magic Kingdom attraction? Biting the bullet and closing the attraction for essentially a total rebuild to use a non-continuous ride system, for accessibility, and two row ride vehicles may be able to increase the attraction's capacity which would in turn add a little capacity to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom