New pavilion. No attraction. Still want?

Want a new pavlion sans an actual attraction?

• Yes

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Who cares. Bring back Horizons.

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Mickey_777

Original Poster
One of the most popular things discussed on here is a the desire/need for a new pavilion in World Showcase. Russia, Australia, Brazil, or India...yada yada yada. Say Epcot does in fact get a new pavilion but it comes without an actual attraction (IMO movies don't count unless it's 3D). Do you still want a new pavilion if all it offers us is more food options and shops? Personally, I'd vote no. If it doesn't bring us a solid C ticket, World Showcase is good as is. Thoughts?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Egypt would be really cool. Going "inside" the pyramids and seeing tombs and what not. They could make it pretty creepy if they wanted to. Don't know about the food though.

CP_alum08

I vote yes. I would be fine if all the attractions (ie. rides) were in Future World and there were only movies in WS. Our typical day in EPCOT is one, maybe two rides in FW and the rest of the time is wandering through the different countries exploring everything.

So I say yes to a new pavilion and yes to another ride/attraction in FW :)

MarkTwain

If the only way we'll get a new pavilion if it comes without an attraction, I'll take it. Otherwise, an attraction is obviously preferred, especially in a pavilion on the far side of World Showcase which would help spread crowds around.

Cmdr_Crimson

I for one would still like to see a Weather pavillion take over WoL with Storm Rider utilized in 3d ala star tours and change it's storyline each time..And the center piece would be an indoor tornado like what we have out here at Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry.
MSI%20Science%20Storms%20-%20cyclone%20exhibit.jpg

CaptainShortty

I for one would still like to see a Weather pavillion take over WoL with Storm Rider utilized in 3d ala star tours and change it's storyline each time..And the center piece would be an indoor tornado like what we have out here at Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry.
MSI%20Science%20Storms%20-%20cyclone%20exhibit.jpg

That would be a really cool idea. They could do a lot with it especially with a new E-ticket attraction and it would still be super educational. I hate seeing the WoL building just sitting there when it could easily be used for other things. One of the things that drives me crazy.

graphite1326

One of the most popular things discussed on here is a the desire/need for a new pavilion in World Showcase. Russia, Australia, Brazil, or India...yada yada yada. Say Epcot does in fact get a new pavilion but it comes without an actual attraction (IMO movies don't count unless it's 3D). Do you still want a new pavilion if all it offers us is more food options and shops? Personally, I'd vote no. If it doesn't bring us a solid C ticket, World Showcase is good as is. Thoughts?

I don't care it needs a new pavilion

JIMINYCR

Bring in any new pavilion to spark renewed interest in the park with or without a ride. I enjoy talking to the CM's, learning more about their culture, eat foods that I will not find in my area, perk my interest in visiting the real thing some day.

alissafalco

Greece Pavilion!! It so needs to be Greece!! The Metropolis, white washed buildings, windmills, and donkeys!! Greece would amazing, Greek food is outstanding also. They could fit another pavilion in between Germany and China, there is room there.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Prototype82

No. It's time for new, relative attractions. UK and Japan have so much potential, as does Germany(though I highly doubt Disney would pull the necessary strings to close down Biergarten and accommodate an attraction behind it or beside it.) Personally I'd enjoy something innovative that integrates projections with dark ride elements. As we saw with Forbidden Journey and may see(according to leaked info) in the Gringotts ride, it can be done so seemlessly. With something as real and tangible as World Showcase, you could do so much with film. At this point, I'll take anything that's not pixar or franchise related.

DizneyPryncess

I'd love to see one, with or without an attraction. The attractions in the WS are never what have been the most interesting parts to me. I like just seeing the detailing, trying new foods, etc. I like the Egypt or Greece ideas.

I love the idea of a weather pavilion too! I can't stand that WoL sits stagnant. I know it's occasionally used for special events, but it's not the same.

wolf359

I'd rather see additions made to the existing pavilions to fill them out more than more than additional "shop and a restaurant" countries.

I've come to enjoy the scenery and ambiance (and dining!) of Italy, Morocco, and Germany in lieu of a more tangible attraction but I know I'd much rather see something more compelling added on.

btk2333

yep- as much as I love attractions, that's not what I visit World Showcase for! We go for the food (and drink!). We would love to have another place to visit on our trips!

SobchakSecurity

With or without an attraction, it doesn't matter if the pavilion is not multi-faceted and well-detailed. I can get lost in the Japanese pavilion, because of it is so engrossing.

As for new country ideas, how about Turkey. I'd love to see some sort of replica of Hagia Sophia (yeah, it's Greek/Byzantine, but it's a main influence for historical Turkish architecture), but it's all about where the money will come from for building it. Turkey, Brazil, Russia are probably the best bets, as they've really grown economically in the past 30 years, though even countries like Poland or Czech Republic have the corporate base to sponsor a pavilion. I'm quite frankly surprised Disney was never able to find a Dutch corporation to sponsor a pavilion.

Mickey_777

Original Poster
With or without an attraction, it doesn't matter if the pavilion is not multi-faceted and well-detailed. I can get lost in the Japanese pavilion, because of it is so engrossing.

As for new country ideas, how about Turkey. I'd love to see some sort of replica of Hagia Sophia (yeah, it's Greek/Byzantine, but it's a main influence for historical Turkish architecture), but it's all about where the money will come from for building it. Turkey, Brazil, Russia are probably the best bets, as they've really grown economically in the past 30 years, though even countries like Poland or Czech Republic have the corporate base to sponsor a pavilion. I'm quite frankly surprised Disney was never able to find a Dutch corporation to sponsor a pavilion.

Could be due to the similarities Holland has with Norway. Along with Sweden, those 3 countries a very alike. I've actually seen Swedish products sold in the Norway pavilion.

WorldKey

Love World Showcase and would welcome any addition. But, as I post on here about once a month.....bring on Switzerland and an East Coast Matterhorn!!

If Epcot ever gives me a Russia pavilion I will never leave it. Attraction or no attraction. World Showcase is definitely about the food, music, shops, and the diverse cast members for me.

SyracuseOrange

If Epcot ever gives me a Russia pavilion I will never leave it. Attraction or no attraction. World Showcase is defiantly about the food, music, shops, and the diverse cast members for me.

Agreed. When I think of World Showcase, I don't think of attractions. I think food, drinks, music, shopping. With that said, I'd love a Brazil or South Africa pavilion.

SobchakSecurity

Could be due to the similarities Holland has with Norway. Along with Sweden, those 3 countries a very alike. I've actually seen Swedish products sold in the Norway pavilion.

I think you mean Denmark and not the Netherlands. Denmark was supposed to be part of the Scandinavian pavilion with Norway and Sweden (I don't know if Finland was also involved). The Netherlands and Scandinavia don't have much in common other than a Germanic language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom