New parks

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by jmarc63
I would like to see them slow down on constructing new areas and focous on upkeep and upgrading existing areas. I loved it in the days that there was only MK. Now I have to figure a plan for what day to go to EP or DS and AK as well as figure in BB, TL .
I also wished they had more entertainment in thoes days after dark. So i do like them having the new DD and PL as wells DWS.

But they have to keep the old from faling apart.

I agree! If they ever see that attractions made specifically for an overseas park, such as DisneySea, are very succesful, I would rather see Disney incorporate those attractions into existing parks here. Like putting 20k Leagues under the sea from DisneySea into the space where the old one used to be at MK, or putting that Genie show from DisneySea into the Agraba Bazaar.

cymbaldiva

I would like to see them slow down on constructing new areas and focous on upkeep and upgrading existing areas. I loved it in the days that there was only MK. Now I have to figure a plan for what day to go to EP or DS and AK as well as figure in BB, TL .
I also wished they had more entertainment in thoes days after dark. So i do like them having the new DD and PL as wells DWS.

But they have to keep the old from faling apart.

EXACTLY!!! I love the "after dark" entertainment...but I really think some $$ needs to go to keeping up the existing parks - I really hate seeing & feeling the cutbacks!

Meecho

I tend to agree that Disney needs to channel their plans towards continual development of the current parks. I am traveling out to Florida for my eighth visit in as many years, but have no firm plans as to which, if any parks we will do. Don't get me wrong I love everything Disney and think it is the best institution in the world!!! but, if they fail to continue investing in their current theme parks who knows what the future holds?

EthylCooper

Originally posted by spider-man

The Pop Century should be one of the hotels

Actually, Pop Century is *two* of those hotels. The '50s through the '90s will be a separate hotel from the first half of the century (inasmuch as the All-Stars are separate hotels).

*Ethyl*

FutureCEO

say this rumor is true, which is not but lets say it is. Three more parks and five more resorts...disney going to have a dilemma on their hands.

durhay

I wanna be a bus driver and spread disinformation to tourists. "Yeah, they're building 12 parks over 5 years. One park will be called 'Monorail Park' where you can race high performance monorails." "Don't drink the water in Mexico" "The instructions in Spanish you hear on the monorail are really just swear words strung together."

FutureCEO

Originally posted by FutureCEO
say this rumor is true, which is not but lets say it is. Three more parks and five more resorts...disney going to have a dilemma on their hands.
************This is my dilemma*************************
HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING
let's go out on a limb here and say this happens incluiding the monorial to all the parks including water parks.
7 theme parks
2 or 3 water parks
25 hotels
monorial to all theme park and water parks

*******10 days if you want to go all all the parks, 1 if you want to spend a day at the village, 2 if you want to rest, 3 days at Universal Studios, Island of Adventure and Sea World. Total: 16 days and lets say you stay at Carribean Beach which is $250 because of the monorial cost. 250 and 16 days is $1,000 for 4 days and $4,000 for 16 days plus the parks which all of Orlando are $45-$50. Shopping, Eating and other expenses. And you find yourself in the hole about $7,000-$10,000. Nobody wants to pay that much. So they would have to scale back their hotel and park prices a little bit so they don't go under and keep the guest happy. Keep in mind that the monorial is already built and that sends the Hotel prices higher but while adding a few bucks to the price of admission.

Originally posted by stingrock23
I personally hope that there aren't new parks by then. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. With the way Disney has been building new parks with lower budges(Disneysea an exception) i don't think these parks would help wdw at all. If anything, the existing parks should get the attention. Animal Kingdom especially. How can you talk about building another park when AK is only a half day? Upkeep and care needs to be given to the 4 existing parks instead of new parks. They'll just get too big for their own good.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Why don't they focus on the upkeep of what they have instead of building new parks. And the idea of a roller coaster park is horrible. I hate roller costers. A lot of fun that would be for me. Besides, Walt didn't want an amusement park. I say, if they want to do anything else, build EPCOT! Not the park, the REAL E.P.C.O.T.!!! Oh....if only they could thaw out Mr. Disney.

Pat571

Original Poster
i know man im just saying thats all i heard. dont blame me i just wanted to let you guys know. but you have to look at everything, there is soooo much land for development, why would they pass up that offer?

Sketch105

I don't want a new park. Not until they learn their lesson with the last few.

Disney Studios Paris was made on the cheap.

Disney's California Adventure ( a park that should never have been made) was made on the cheap.

The Hong Kong Park won't even have Frontierland!!!!

They have to stop building parks at subpar levels!!

They are destroying the Disney legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bout that..Just some pent-up frustration. Heres my ideas:

More attractions at Animal Kingdom and Disney MGM Studios. BUILD BEASTLY KINGDOM. REPLACE THE 20,000 Leagues ride with something! (preferably the ride at TDS).

Do some justice to your current parks!!!!

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy

I say, if they want to do anything else, build EPCOT! Not the park, the REAL E.P.C.O.T.!!! Oh....if only they could thaw out Mr. Disney.

well, Celebration is probably the closest thing to the original idea of EPCOT that we'll ever see at Walt Disney World. And by the way, Walt was cremated, not frozen :( . I think if he was frozen in the first place and then revived within the near future, he wouldn't like the world (or the company) as it is today and couldn't handle running the company...too much has changed in the 30 plus years since he's been gone.

jmarc63

Oh....if only they could thaw out Mr. Disney.

Disney Boy Tisk Tisk Tisk.........That is one of the more well know urban myths. Walt disney is NOT Croyogenecally frozen. He is burried in forest lawn cemetary in Los Angeles. I belive that is the name of it. Anyway its in LA not far from Burbank. I belive this Myth started from the fact that when Walt was looking at the technologies of the future related to E.P.C.O.T. he had a fasionation with the concept of Cryogentics and the posibilities for the Ill to be cured. Ironically according to the Disney family Museum he was never told how ill he was till the very end and this was never done.

Credibility was given to this in the 80s when I saw the SCTV Television program on NBC and they did a gag of the Disney Ice shows by having a coffin slide on an ice rink and a voice over said "comming soon Disney on ice". I got the joke due to the fact that I had heard the myth and knew it wasn't true.

plpeters70

Credibility was given to this in the 80s when I saw the SCTV Television program on NBC and they did a gag of the Disney Ice shows by having a coffin slide on an ice rink and a voice over said "comming soon Disney on ice". I got the joke due to the fact that I had heard the myth and knew it wasn't true.

That's terrible, but for some reason hearing about that "gag" just craked me up!!! :lol: Obviously it was in poor taste, but really, really funny!

jmarc63

Oh....if only they could thaw out Mr. Disney.

This if from the Disney family museum under FAQ

Was Walt frozen?

No researcher has discovered where this myth began, but it certainly is widespread. Quite the opposite, Walt's daughter Diane recalls that her father spoke frequently about his desire to be cremated -- and in fact he was. When Disney archivist Robert Tieman researched the issue, he discovered that the first attempts at freezing a person weren't even discussed until after Walt's death. In any case, the people who knew Walt and loved him never heard him utter a word about trying it out himself. What's more, his family lingered around him for some time after his death. No white-smocked physicians rushed his body off to some kind of freezing chamber as would undoubtedly have been the case if he was being preserved

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom