New parks

Pat571

Original Poster
hey i recently got back from disney world and when we were riding the bus from MGM to the magic kingdom our bus driver was talking to us. he said if we plan on comin back in i think it was 2010 there will be 3 more parks and about 5 more resorts. wow thats amazing he said only about 29% of the land they have is used. and one of the parks will be dedicated to rollercoasters, that is awesome, what do you guys think?:) :) :) :) :) :)

Pat571

Original Poster
Originally posted by vacation junkie
i think that bus driver is full of poo. :lol:

well thats not the first time ive been told that, ive heard that form more then just the bus drivers and disney has been doing alot of construction latley.

JLW11Hi

I have a feeling he was joking or else just spreading rumors

(but if it were ever proven true, I would share your enthusiasim :D )

cymbaldiva

Wow! There is so much to do already - If there's any more I won't ever be able to visit again - I won't be able to afford it!!!:lol:

disneyreports

One thing is for sure... There is still much undeveloped land at WDW, however as of right now only the dedication of the land use is a sure thing (basically a master plan)... Yes, there will most likely be more attractions and resorts but Disney has not begun any serious conceptual development of their next major theme park...

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by FutureCEO
how could they build 3 parks at the same time without going under in 7 years. Liar, Bus driver

Ok...well, 3 parks in 7-8 years is DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING!
We'll be lucky to get 3 E-rides in 7-8 years!

But, say they DO add 3 more parks...that would be a total of 7 parks...

I believe, the last time I checked, there were 7 days in a week...
School vacations are 5 days (but then you have the weekend...and 2 days of travel...)

Leave on a Saturday, you have sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday...and then go home on sunday...

7 FULL days of vacation...

7 parks at WDW
(where does Universal fit in?!?!?!?!)
Sounds like it may be WISE for WDW to do this...although...it may KILL the waterparks.

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Ok...well, 3 parks in 7-8 years is DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING!
We'll be lucky to get 3 E-rides in 7-8 years!

But, say they DO add 3 more parks...that would be a total of 7 parks...

I believe, the last time I checked, there were 7 days in a week...
School vacations are 5 days (but then you have the weekend...and 2 days of travel...)

Leave on a Saturday, you have sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday...and then go home on sunday...

7 FULL days of vacation...

7 parks at WDW
Sounds like it may be WISE for WDW to do this...although...it may KILL the waterparks.

Here's a thought... what if it's not all regular traditional parks.

1 Amusement Park (with thrills)
1 Water Park
1 Unique park (like Disneyquest being considered a park)

The Pop Century should be one of the hotels

So what are some other resort ideas being tossed around?

josh_e_washie

Hmmmmm..... 7?

Hey Everyone,
I must agree with everyone here that chances are that will not happen....and shame on anyone who uses the 'U' word!! (Universal!)
7 parks at WDW
Well anyone can dare to dream right? LIAR LIAR BUS DRIVER!!!!:)
See ya,
Josh

stingrock23

I personally hope that there aren't new parks by then. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. With the way Disney has been building new parks with lower budges(Disneysea an exception) i don't think these parks would help wdw at all. If anything, the existing parks should get the attention. Animal Kingdom especially. How can you talk about building another park when AK is only a half day? Upkeep and care needs to be given to the 4 existing parks instead of new parks. They'll just get too big for their own good.

gracchoi

A bus driver told us the same thing last September. I agree with the idea that a park doesn't necessarily mean a park, like Magic Kingdom, and that they should do something more with AK. My kids were unimpressed with it, except for the Kali River Rapids and the vet session.

Julie

jcrb

I would also like to see Disney Seas built but what is the possibility that Eisner will give the funds needed to create the park.

jmarc63

I would like to see them slow down on constructing new areas and focous on upkeep and upgrading existing areas. I loved it in the days that there was only MK. Now I have to figure a plan for what day to go to EP or DS and AK as well as figure in BB, TL .
I also wished they had more entertainment in thoes days after dark. So i do like them having the new DD and PL as wells DWS.

But they have to keep the old from faling apart.

WDWFREAK53

Re: Hmmmmm..... 7?

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
Hey Everyone,
I must agree with everyone here that chances are that will not happen....and shame on anyone who uses the 'U' word!! (Universal!)
Well anyone can dare to dream right? LIAR LIAR BUS DRIVER!!!!:)
See ya,
Josh

I said Universal as a joke (although I personally like most of IoA's attractions but not as a "THEME" park)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom