New Park Maps and Old Chairs

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Just a very small update...

~Jack Sparrow is now on the front of the MK Park maps. It's brown in color and has Jack in front of the castle, with Pirate ships at the bottom. The attraction description has also been changed to match the Pirates upgrade. There is also a brown box near the bottom of the maps saying "Dead Men Tell New Tales".

~The original chair that was removed from the endless hallway on Haunted Mansion has returned. For those who may not remember, it's a big red chair that has a (Donald Duck like) face on it. It was removed for rehab almost a year ago, and it's finally back!

T-1MILLION

imagineer boy said:
I'm just trying to figure out what took them so long just to rehab a simple chair....

It is a new chair. Prop dept is not the fastest service. Considering pirates and eveything else that pushes it back, a chair is never a big concern anyway. The old chair was impossible to save beacause you have disgusting people who just like to vandalize things for the fun of it.:( :( Many people with a range of ages would spit on it from their doombuggies at to the chair and other close range props...sad but true. It was beyond salvaging. It is really sad. A classic piece of attraction, gone. I am just happy the prop dept and Disney in general cared enough to bring a replica back of it.:sohappy: :sohappy:

-Preston

askmike1

Here's what the new map looks like....
magickingdommap4ka.png

disneydata

imagineer boy said:
I'm just trying to figure out what took them so long just to rehab a simple chair....
That is the same chair it was before, they were just having it reupolstered (sp?) and they kept getting the fabric wrong. And of course, when something goes wrong, it always takes that much longer to fix it. There is a second Donald chair, can't remember if that one's back yet.

askmike1

STR8FAN2005 said:
The new maps are AWESOME! Goodbye Stitch!
Stitch hasn't been on the map for quite a while now (which makes sense being that the attraction opened almost 2 years ago). The maps in circulation before the 7th looked like this...
magickingdommapold5ps.png

CaptainMichael

I guess that the room keys and park tickets will be changed pretty soon too now that the HCoE is drawing to a close.

My memory is failing me...do the plastic bags, cups, napkins, plates, etc say HCoE? I think that some of the bags did, I'm not sure about the rest.

askmike1

STR8FAN2005 said:
My memory is failing me...do the plastic bags, cups, napkins, plates, etc say HCoE? I think that some of the bags did, I'm not sure about the rest.
The plastic bags do, but for the most part I don't believe any of those other things do. I believe those are all park-specific (Studios napkins have "Disney-MGM Studios" printed on it, etc). The bags are the ones that are red on the bottom with Mickey's 2 signature yellow buttons. The top part is black & says "Happiest Celebration on Earth". They might change the bags, but all they really have to do come October is to stop printing the HCoE on top.

CThaddeus

Actually, the napkins were pretty dull (by Disney standards) when I was there in May. It was just a brown thing with a black and white Mickey strolling on it. Below him is a shooting star with Walt Disney World Resort written below it. I hope they do something a little more interesting for the new promotion.
As for the maps, they basically did the same cover as Disneyland (which came out over a week ago). I guess this isn't a surprise since they both got a similar rehab, but the only real difference between the two is that instead of Cinderella's Castle in the background, it's Sleeping Beauty's. Oh, and the Pirates of the Caribbean scroll is just below Jack's knee, the words "The Classic Attraction Returns" appears just to the right of the ships, and they still have the words "Guide to the 50th Anniversary Magic" at the top of the page. I wonder if the guidemaps between the two Parks have ever coincided like this before?

celestia

CThaddeus said:
Actually, the napkins were pretty dull (by Disney standards) when I was there in May. It was just a brown thing with a black and white Mickey strolling on it. Below him is a shooting star with Walt Disney World Resort written below it. I hope they do something a little more interesting for the new promotion.
As for the maps, they basically did the same cover as Disneyland (which came out over a week ago). I guess this isn't a surprise since they both got a similar rehab, but the only real difference between the two is that instead of Cinderella's Castle in the background, it's Sleeping Beauty's. Oh, and the Pirates of the Caribbean scroll is just below Jack's knee, the words "The Classic Attraction Returns" appears just to the right of the ships, and they still have the words "Guide to the 50th Anniversary Magic" at the top of the page. I wonder if the guidemaps between the two Parks have ever coincided like this before?

The fact that the napkins are brown is an environmental choice for Disney, they are unbleached and are less harmful to produce. I agree though, a new picture would be nice.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
askmike1 said:
Stitch hasn't been on the map for quite a while now (which makes sense being that the attraction opened almost 2 years ago). The maps in circulation before the 7th looked like this...
magickingdommapold5ps.png

Stitch was on the cover as recently as February this year. I'd hardly call five months "quite a while now". :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom